Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/EJRaven_ACO/status/1668060408740040704?s=20

First gameplay footage of Armored Core 6 drops Wednesday

i'm excited to see journalists go "i don't understand, it doesn't look like dark souls"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Waffleman_ posted:

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm excited to see journalists go "i don't understand, it doesn't look like dark souls"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBPHnZCY9bU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus Christ this is the best E3 season we’ve ever had.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think it's gonna be part of a show, but it's still in season

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A reminder that Skull and Bones is the result of Ubisoft trying to milk money out of the Singaporean government, it ended up being promoted to its Western workers as a cushy vacation gig (with implied sex tourism), there was a racial caste system and abuse at the studio, and now they are beholden to release something or face penalties
Holy poo poo wait what

I said come in! posted:

It’s hard to make a robot companion, nothing tops the character from Interstellar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEPPlISzlA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Assepoester posted:

Holy poo poo wait what

https://kotaku.com/first-it-was-an-assassins-creed-expansion-now-its-ubis-1847326742
The Glassdoor review page for Ubisoft Singapore is full of complaints about uncompetetive salaries, wage discrimination, office politics, and toxic managers that made it hard to succeed and ultimately drove people away. They also may have been responsible in part for Singapore’s failure to get Skull & Bones out the door. According to several sources, some senior managers would surround themselves with “yes men” (they were so often men), refuse to listen to suggestions or concerns repeatedly raised by those on the studio floor, and then sell Paris on a version of the game that couldn’t be made given existing resources and timetables. Those who continued to voice their dissent would eventually be “disappeared,” either to another team, another project, or another studio, they said.

“The toxic culture permeating the Singapore studio is in no small part responsible for most of the production issues—reboots, rebrands and re-reboots—that have plagued Skull & Bones for a decade,” one former developer said.

https://kotaku.com/the-messy-stalled-reckoning-at-an-assassins-creed-co-d-1847336158
Years later, some say that hasn’t quite happened. Ubisoft soaked up the government subsidies while not paying some local junior developers enough to move out of their parents’ homes. Some would eventually filter out of the studio after gaining experience working on global blockbusters, while others who stayed were rarely promoted to the highest reaches of its managerial and creative departments. Some said the de facto arrangement could even give Ubisoft Singapore the feel of a colonial outpost in a country with a history of domination by European powers. Some workers described the unofficial pitch as: go do a one- or two-year tour in the exotic Ubisoft Singapore, enjoy the tropical climate and easy access to nearby vacation hotspots in neighboring countries, and maybe even find romance along the way.
A few people nicknamed it the “French Mafia.” Others referred to it as the “French Connection.” Whatever they decided to call it, many who Kotaku spoke with felt there was a “French ceiling” at Ubisoft Singapore that made it hard for those from other countries or who didn’t speak the language to succeed, especially if they were from Southeast Asia or were women.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/new-allegations-show-the-cycle-of-abuse-and-misconduct-runs-deep-at-ubisoft
Ubisoft Singapore managing director Hugues Ricour was accused by multiple sources of sexual harassment. According to them, Ricour would regularly target women, making suggestive and inappropriate comments about their clothing during office hours, or encouraging them to kiss him at work events. I'm told those involved in these incidents were visibly uncomfortable, but that Ricour's unprofessional and harmful behavior persisted nonetheless. Those who questioned his actions claimed Ricour retaliated by using his influence to make their work life miserable, and while a formal harassment complaint was never filed against the managing director, HR were reportedly aware of the issue.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was very funny in the DragDog2 thing where the guy said "the power of AI" in an extremely shareholder pleasing voice to describe normal video game AI.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Exoprimal would be a lot cooler if it was the dinos who had the mechs

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

This has been fun.

Things I still wanna know in broad, general terms from here;

- Codemasters WRC 23, where is it?
- Armored Core gameplay (I see we're getting that today)
- Hello, Silent Hill 2?
- What other "modern platforms" MGS 1-3 is coming to
- I sure hope I can play Starfield on my Steam Deck

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I finally got around to watching it and that Prince of Persia game looks dope as hell. Love a AAA 2D game. Yes please.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

capcom, where ace attorney 7

you bastards

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

It reminded me of BG&E for sure. The mostly peaceful town full of aliens, puttering around in vehicles, the creeping around gameplay. I just wish you were doing more adventurey investigation stuff, and less pistol shooting gallery stuff. But this is all I loving wanted for years from a new BG&E and these assholes finally gave me something. why did it take so long!?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It was very funny in the DragDog2 thing where the guy said "the power of AI" in an extremely shareholder pleasing voice to describe normal video game AI.

Lol and they didn't even make it sound like it was a particularly robust AI or anything out of the usual

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

watching the ubisoft showcase now...lol so cringe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Lol and they didn't even make it sound like it was a particularly robust AI or anything out of the usual

It's the exact same tone of voice one would use to describe the water cycle to a three year old

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A lot of the Capcom presentation had that tone. Part of it may be the Dora the explorer way they ask themselves visibly answerable questions

Kale
May 14, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

capcom, where ace attorney 7

you bastards

I seem to recall the writer producer for those games leaving the company so maybe never

Kale
May 14, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

This post gets it but include influencer youtubers that bandwagon onto the game on account of it being marketed as the creator of dark souls only to realize they don't know anything about it or mecha. I'm legit curious to see if this title can penetrate Americas extreme bias against Japanese mecha lore hobby type stuff. There's been some chinks in that particular armor of late with some stuff like the most recent Gundam show at least, but other than that its always felt like Eva/Gurren Lagann or bust in America. No real love for real robot stuff, but IMO its just cause people are unwilling to give mecha stuff a chance typically and set aside their preconceived notions about it.

Basically if From Softwares clout cant give something like Armored Core and real robot mecha a foothold in America almost nothing can. IMO its part of the reason Bandai Namco is unmothballing it. They want a chance at selling some model kits overseas besides maybe Gundam: Witch From Mercury stuff.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 13, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kale posted:

I seem to recall the writer producer for those games leaving the company so maybe never

Shu Takumi was literally at the showcase. He just wasn't involved with the latest two games in the mainline series, he still did the Great Ace Attorney spinoff stuff.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Shu Takumi was literally at the showcase. He just wasn't involved with the latest two games in the mainline series, he still did the Great Ace Attorney spinoff stuff.

Not him, Takeshi Yamazaki

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kale posted:

This post gets it but include influencer youtubers that bandwagon onto the game on account of it being marketed as the creator of dark souls only to realize they don't know anything about it or mecha. I'm legit curious to see if this title can penetrate Americas extreme bias against Japanese mecha lore hobby type stuff. There's been some chinks in that particular armor of late with some stuff like the most recent Gundam show at least, but other than that its always felt like Eva/Gurren Lagann or bust in America. No real love for real robot stuff, but IMO its just cause people are unwilling to give mecha stuff a chance typically and set aside their preconceived notions about it.

Basically if From Softwares clout cant give something like Armored Core and real robot mecha a foothold in America almost nothing can. IMO its part of the reason Bandai Namco is unmothballing it. They want a chance at selling some model kits overseas besides maybe Gundam: Witch From Mercury stuff.

The world is ready for mecha.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

one of the IGN dudes on stream said (paraphrasing) "I wish Avowed was more like The Outer Worlds. The Outer Worlds was silly and parody and Avowed is too straightforward"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Khanstant posted:

Do you need to be informed if a monster ill likes fire? Now, with the power of AI, it’s finally possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

A lot of the Capcom presentation had that tone. Part of it may be the Dora the explorer way they ask themselves visibly answerable questions

*Plays a video that explains new information*

Now let's go over the information in that video

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

one of the IGN dudes on stream said (paraphrasing) "I wish Avowed was more like The Outer Worlds. The Outer Worlds was silly and parody and Avowed is too straightforward"

lol IGN's staff has the worst opinions. The Outer Worlds 2 is in development.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Outer worlds is a bad game. Making future games not like outer worlds is a good idea.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hi-Fi Rush DLC announcement in 5 minutes. Come the gently caress on Phil don't let me down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Hi-Fi Rush DLC announcement in 5 minutes. Come the gently caress on Phil don't let me down.

UM!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

According to the host lady John Johanas will be there announcing "an update to Hi-Fi Rush" sound the hype bells!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh fun it's the talking gun game from the dude who beat his wife

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, a Weird Fiction HBS game?

I'm on board

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You've all seen third-person looter shooters, but how about dutch angle ones?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm so confused by this game being GAAS, because it looks just like. a brawlery game. with a basic side-on angle. am i missing something

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm so confused by this game being GAAS, because it looks just like. a brawlery game. with a basic side-on angle. am i missing something

going back to the good ol' days where shadows over mystara took like $10 in quarters to beat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

lol get owned

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hi-Fi Rush arcade challenge mode July 5

5 new songs and 2 new enemy types

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Thank you Phil, you may live another day.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I did not know there were more than 20 different ghost types. Learn something new every day.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ErrEff posted:

I did not know there were more than 20 different ghost types. Learn something new every day.

I know you've got your spooks, spectres, and ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh no! someone stole all the color and sunlight from budapest!!