Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This looks greenscreened. I'm so confused right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

This Flight Sim 2024 video is real weird.

Or, well, I guess technically it isn't 2024, it is an update for the existing game - but isn't 2024 also an update? I'm confused.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Are they training a real pilot on how to fly a made up plane on Dune planet?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

within the pee organ

(go mecha ball looked cool)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Here's a video about Ninja Theory's motion capture setup. They put a virtual boat rig in it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I liked the boat rig with the dudes in the back just furiously pulling on it to make it sway. That's some fun movie magic stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Do you need to be informed if a monster ill likes fire? Now, with the power of AI, it’s finally possible.

Ironically the most worrying thing in the preview was him saying the Pawn party is meant to feel like playing with real players. Other players are a lot of things and none of them are incessant vocal chatter repeating information about everything they see.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
excited for some "premiere world"s by guerilla collective

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i know there are reshowing some trailers from the first guerilla collective event but also they showed so many that i am not sure if i saw some of these before or not, lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
games... 4 dames?! dames 4 games?!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Neither one of these wrestling rpgs look good to me but Wrestle Story seems sorta shallow compared to the other one. Like wrestling is just there to be an aesthetic in it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Snooze Cruise posted:

games... 4 dames?! dames 4 games?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVQ0JFzXMgY

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Is it all over, did I miss the summer for gamers?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah but dont worry they still let you play all the games.

good ones coming out? honestly i already forgot and thats jus tas well, until they are out who cares. live every minute like its your last

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
That's so cool. The Gamer Summer lives on!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gamer christmas in july in june is today btw~!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

i think we should count the fromsoft drop tomorrow as part of it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's gamer christmas in july in june reverse-eve

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i think we should count the fromsoft drop tomorrow as part of it

and the Grasshoper direct, the Yakuza show and the Annapurna one as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Khanstant posted:

Ironically the most worrying thing in the preview was him saying the Pawn party is meant to feel like playing with real players. Other players are a lot of things and none of them are incessant vocal chatter repeating information about everything they see.

Something that confused me, having not played Dragon's Dogma, he said,"You can borrow up to two other pawns from other players" and.... other players? It's not a loving multiplayer game is it? :smith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Something that confused me, having not played Dragon's Dogma, he said,"You can borrow up to two other pawns from other players" and.... other players? It's not a loving multiplayer game is it? :smith:

a pawn is a unique NPC companion you create alongside your player character at game start. not long after, you can upload your pawn to a sort of marketplace where other players can hire each other's pawns for a small cost and small reward for the owning player

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jerusalem posted:

For better or worse, no, it is not a multiplayer game in the traditional sense. But the rift acts as a common ground where your pawn can be hired out to do things with other players. When you rest, the game downloads all of your pawns accomplishments and updates their knowledge of quests and monsters. You may also receive a high rating and a gift from another player. But at no point do you have to actually interact with another player. It's not dark Souls so there's no PVP.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

GateOfD posted:

watching the ubisoft showcase now...lol so cringe

I know, it really made me miss all the other big, embarrassing stage shows :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

marshmallow creep posted:

But at no point do you have to actually interact with another player.

Oh thank God. Thanks to you and Oxxidation for the explanation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

For better or worse, no, it is not a multiplayer game in the traditional sense. But the rift acts as a common ground where your pawn can be hired out to do things with other players. When you rest, the game downloads all of your pawns accomplishments and updates their knowledge of quests and monsters. You may also receive a high rating and a gift from another player. But at no point do you have to actually interact with another player. It's not dark Souls so there's no PVP.

I don't care about PvP but this game would be perfect for the social aspects of DS, some soapstone messages if nothing else. They could probably even work it into the story if they wanted.

The dream would be adding Death Stranding social stuff, fun weird little way to make a solo experience feel oddly connected.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ErrEff posted:

This Flight Sim 2024 video is real weird.

Or, well, I guess technically it isn't 2024, it is an update for the existing game - but isn't 2024 also an update? I'm confused.

2024 is a new game. "new" in quotes, of course, like any annual FIFA is new or a new CoD is new. It will be more or less similar with new stuff on top of it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

They're talking as if it's a whole new simulator with a massively upgraded engine, but they're refusing to give any specifics for now and are also saying that all the old version's stuff will just carry over to the new version, so how different can it really be?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flight Sim 2024 being a whole new game, really sucks. That said, i'm still going to buy it day 1 because i'm a slut for commercial flight sims and Microsoft makes the most approachable and easy to play one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When I was downloading stuff on the PC game pass trial a while ago I was thinking of trying Microsoft Flight Simulator but I think it was like 190GB which is a lot for something I might bounce off after a couple hours if it's too complex

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
People playing flight sims should heed the tale of Icarus

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Khanstant posted:

People playing flight sims should heed the tale of Icarus

3DS touchpad controls are the spawn of Satan?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

When I was downloading stuff on the PC game pass trial a while ago I was thinking of trying Microsoft Flight Simulator but I think it was like 190GB which is a lot for something I might bounce off after a couple hours if it's too complex

It's a huge download, because the game is enormous, incredible and downright mind-boggling; they actually pulled it off and managed to realize a full-planet map. Even if much of it is filled in by machine learning--based modeling and doesn't work when you zoom in for detail, from the air, it works.

BUT ALSO, if you don't have a real flight stick control setup and/or the mentality of a person who would enjoy a flight sim, what you realize pretty quickly is just how enormous the world actually is, and how many of the planes on offer aren't that fast. On both PC and XBox versions, playing with a gamepad on the casual, all-assists on mode, I've enjoyed taking off and buzzing around places I know for a while, but attempting to take a full point-to-point flight on a route I routinely travel by car came with a swiftly dawning realization of "Oh, this is just going to be like 50 real-time minutes of keepin' it level, huh?"

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The 190GB isn’t even the full world, only the lesser detailed layers. The game constantly streams from the cloud since the actual world data is several terabytes.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Grasshoper direct which was incomprehensible and mainly about merch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THS60cC3768

kooshkaboose
May 18, 2023

by Pragmatica
rgg summit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ0z1nPka8Y

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I bet I could beat up this entire stream team if I had my trusty giant swordfish

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kiryu is the new 007

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Those look like the exact people I would have imagined made Yakuza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Those look like the exact people I would have imagined made Yakuza.