Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I only regularly read the Online Creators (youtube video) and the Former Super Best Friends threads here. The Online Creators thread pops off sometimes, but honestly it's been a lot slower in recent months. Twitter declining, a lot of the big people everyone follows putting out content less frequently, and some posters being banned or no longer posting there over the months/years seems to have chilled it out. Some of the larger RGD threads could probably use an IK if a dedicated RGD mod doesn't participate in the thread, just because more active threads means eventually some kind of argument happens. Or maybe someone wants a humorous thread title change? Or someone says "Baba Booey" in the thread once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Hand Knit posted:

For the popping off stuff, do you (or others, feel free to chime in) feel like bad derails happen with much frequency?

I think it was overblown with the online creators/internet personality thread tbh. Sometimes it was a silly extended argument. Sometimes one person would fly off the handle because they had no chill. Sometimes it was just people biting on obvious trolling. It's a thread that draws in a large intersection of people who don't interact otherwise, so idk I think misunderstanding jokes, some defensiveness, or "not getting" some stuff is bound to happen. As far as I've seen, the derails aren't as bad or more frequent than the average PYF or GBS thread, where the conversation inevitably drifts into chat.