Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/music-legend-tina-turner-dies-at-83/ar-AA1bDUzc?OCID=ansmsnnews11

As the above link describes, the high-level Bard Tina Turner has passed from this world. Her legend, her personality and music, will be fondly remembered by her fans, me included. I invite my fellow fans of Tina to post their hopefully kind words here.

Here are a few things to get fans started if necessary-

Favorite Tina song- "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (My answer- Everything, girl!" :) )

Other Works of Tina's You Have Enjoyed- She did a great job acting as Auntie Entity in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. I also enjoyed her biographical film named after the song mentioned above. I will let others speak about other works of Tina's.

Did You Ever See Tina Perform Live? No, but I would have enjoyed it, I think.

How Long Have You Been a Fan of Tina? Since I first heard of her in the 1980s, my childhood.

Anything You Disliked About Tina? I didn't like hearing of her suffering from addiction or domestic abuse, but I think she got through it ok, with the help of her family. I acknowledge varying opinions.

Anything Else You'd Like to Say? I will not be regularly monitoring this thread. My home is another board. So please don't shoot the messenger. This thread is about Tina Turner appreciation, it's not about me.

All that said, farewell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

There's a scene in the documentary "Gimme Shelter" where Ike and Tina were opening up for the Stones at MSG and they absolutely killed it. Mick Jagger was all like "It's nice to have a chick, occasionally." He was clearly worried about having to follow her up but didn't want to look shook about it.

That's the first thing I think of when I think of Tina Turner. Rest in peace.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Flaweless OP, that is how it's done. RIP Tina