Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Cheesus posted:

As a parent who puts their kid is in bed by every night by 8pm (and only now lets him read on his own until maybe 8:30) this sounds like it has to be hyperbole. But there was a time when I was childless and wasting my life hunting down new Star Wars action figures at Wal-mart at midnight. I was aghast at the number of people with their kids shopping at that time of night on school nights.

What gets me about the removal of recess (!) is that you can tell the difference in a kid that spent 15-20 minutes a day running around vs devicing all day. Mine is out like a light at bedtime and occasionally will beg off me reading to him 15 minutes before hand because he's too tired.

It is not every parent, but it is plenty of them. I often get parents messaging me late in the middle of the night about homework poo poo with school apps that they are obviously trying to do right at that time, either with the kid (bad) or just cheating and doing it themselves (bad).

So you know how millennials are addicted to their phones? I am saying this in the least old-man way possible as I'm in my 30s myself, but these people who are absolutely glued to their phones and see no problem with it are now having children and continuing this attitude. The girl who spent 10 hours doomscrolling Instagram doesn't suddenly learn to be a better person once she becomes pregnant. Many of these kids are basically living on their Ipads and COVID basically gave parents permission to consider this a good thing, because our school essentially asked the kids to spend 12 hours on their loving Ipads a day anyway just to get school poo poo done.

As for recess:

The Emergency Meeting!

My school had a special meeting about the fact that kids were too loving loud in the hallways during break time. I am 1000% positive that this is because they have zero free time to go outside and do kids stuff, and I am in fact reprimanded if I allow my own students this free time.

The meeting is asking us to brainstorm solutions to this problem. The obvious solution (give them recess) is of course dismissed out of hand, so we spend an hour (unpaid, after school!) pretending to come up with solutions to the obvious problem of a house being on fire without mentioning the word water.

The solution which they implemented was:

Put up big fancy displays in every single hallway of the school with custom art and instructions on what to do if you see a child running or shouting in the hallways. For reference, I will see this a good hundred times in any given day because the kids know that the short time in between classes is the only free time they are ever gonna get.

These fancy displays have a QR code that you can use to rat out a kid for shouting. So the solution to shouting is for the teacher (with their hands full of lesson poo poo, as we rotate classes) to stop each running/shouting child in the hallway, ask for their name, take their photo, and then submit it to the buggy app using our QR code, where I assume it goes into the digital equivalent of a paper shredder and is never brought up again.

This is a great solution because:
- It makes the management look good. It is very visual. Look at all these posters!
- It gives the tech department something to do. Another APP! More apps = more education.
- It gives the art department something to do. Look, we've made 8 different variations on this same poster!
- It pushes all the onus onto the teachers to look like bad guys and narc out kids.
- When it fails, we can just blame it on the teachers because none of them are gonna loving stop a dozen kids a day when you're already rushing around to get your other pointless tasks done.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

The_Franz posted:

Your mentioning of malicious compliance reminded me of all those 'fun' projects they gave us that basically wound up being busywork parent projects (reports that required all kinds of resources to complete, dioramas, science fair projects, etc…). Not only were they the opposite of fun and inevitably involved some amount of yelling and/or crying, it was painfully obvious whose parents basically did the projects for them vs doing it themselves. "Why yes, I, as a 9 year old, certainly soldered up the working lights in my extremely detailed diorama". Meanwhile some other kids who cobbled it together with old action figures and scraps of construction paper, because that's all they could scrape together from around the house, got a bad grade.

Yes, I am the head Science teacher, and it is my job to judge the Science Fair projects. Except I am not allowed to actually judge them fairly, and give poor scores to the ones that the parents obviously did, because those same parents are the Very Involved Parents that would throw a fit if I did so.

So you get a kid building a drone using a $1000 kit purchased by his parents complete with a slick video presentation made by his video-editing Dad (or hired gun) competing with some rocket made of recycled scraps and a poster done in crayon.

Some things never change. I remember my most vivid time running into this as a child. I had to do a big project on the Revolutionary War and we'd get extra credit for each 'visual aid' we put in with it. I spent about 2 weeks drawing and painting a picture of the battle of Bunker Hill in kind of a Where's Waldo style where you could look for some famous landmarks/officers and stuff in it. I submitted it and got 1 extra credit point. Another kid had a CD ROM Encyclopedia (this was the 90s) and he printed out a dozen pictures from it and got 12 extra credit points.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 6, 2023

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

does anyone here teach in a weird school (tm)? waldorf, montessori, any of the alternative systems. i've heard those students have a lot of trouble when their system finishes and they have to go into the regular system.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I don't get this opposition to recess among administrators. There's incredibly good evidence it helps learning, but apparently that doesn't matter?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

But does it help number?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cat botherer posted:

I don't get this opposition to recess among administrators. There's incredibly good evidence it helps learning, but apparently that doesn't matter?
its more effort on the part of the school

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Apparently very few people are becoming teachers these days. My mom is a teacher and this last school year she had to teach both first and second grade. Like in her classroom she had a mix of first and second graders and she would start one lesson with one group and have a parent assistant finish while she went on to the other group. I had never heard of anything like that before

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Hello Machine posted:

Apparently very few people are becoming teachers these days. My mom is a teacher and this last school year she had to teach both first and second grade. Like in her classroom she had a mix of first and second graders and she would start one lesson with one group and have a parent assistant finish while she went on to the other group. I had never heard of anything like that before
its a combination of a lot of factors. less people are becoming teachers, the people who do become teachers and are any good at it are being courted by private schools, public schools arent getting the funding to outbid those private schools paywise, more kids are being born but the amount going to private schools is about the same, we arent building new public schools to accommodate the increased need for them.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

nobody wants to work anymore

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

a strange fowl posted:

does anyone here teach in a weird school (tm)? waldorf, montessori, any of the alternative systems. i've heard those students have a lot of trouble when their system finishes and they have to go into the regular system.

from my time in the states, most seem fine, outside of the homeschooled kids.

but here in europe the weird ones are the kids that went to the private american / british schools; they don't get very good educations despite their parents paying out the nose for 'em. the semi-private german-language schools seem to be way better, and the kids don't come out as monolingual dipshits destined for london finance jobs either.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I didn't have that situation, but at the public school in Australia I went to as a kid we would have combined class rooms with like, year 2 and 3 kids or year 5 and 6 kids or whatever.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Grem posted:

As you dismiss class a kid takes two phones before anyone notices and now you've lost a kid's phone, yay!

Hasn't been an issue so far, but kids are also allowed to leave their phones A. at home or B. in their locker. It's up to them whether they wanna take the risk of a classmate grabbing their phone.
Either case, the teacher is explicitely not responsible for any loss or theft of phones.

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 6, 2023

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Caesar Saladin posted:

I didn't have that situation, but at the public school in Australia I went to as a kid we would have combined class rooms with like, year 2 and 3 kids or year 5 and 6 kids or whatever.
in year six my combined 5/6 classroom had fifty six children in it. (two teachers, one of them straight out of university.) they tried to market it to the parents as an innovative new model, but everyone knew they just couldn't find staff. i was talking to my friend who was also in the class and neither of us could remember a single thing we learned in class that entire year lol

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I considered getting into teaching and was spooling up to do it and then i got a call from the engineering company that rejected me the first time i interviewed with them that the guy they picked over me didn't work out and if i wanted to come back in. I was spared a world of pain and i make a lot more than i would as a teacher.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

a strange fowl posted:

I used to do Montessori. I think for the right sort of kid they come out way ahead. If the kid is totally unmotivated then they are gonna have problems, but then again I think they'd probably have problems anywhere if they don't do well working on their own.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

cat botherer posted:

Liability: Kids can get hurt doing recess things. Far better for them to sit in a desk for 9 hours straight.

Parents Complaining: "I'm paying [too much money] for this education and you just let them do nothing outside? That's valuable learning time!"

Outdoors Are Scary: "My precious Pnurtis is allergic to dirt, bugs, grass, pebbles, rain, and anything else outside. He cannot be allowed outdoors!"

Staffing: Need to pay people to watch kids outdoor safely. Also need to have people watching them indoors because many parents do not allow their kids outdoors at all.

Number Go Up: As has been said before, it may help the kids become happier, healthier, and better educated but it doesn't always lead to a direct .5% increase in test scores the same way that 200 more hours of cramming math can.

I have multiple students that have literally never been outside of their homes without being adjacent to an adult. Covid broke a lot of brains.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I wonder if the tide will ever change to where we allow kids to do things again. I feel bad for kids these days.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Just play destiny 2 and get all the life lessons u need for this zany thing we call the 21 century

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mr. Grapes! posted:

It is not every parent, but it is plenty of them. I often get parents messaging me late in the middle of the night about homework poo poo with school apps that they are obviously trying to do right at that time, either with the kid (bad) or just cheating and doing it themselves (bad).

So you know how millennials are addicted to their phones? I am saying this in the least old-man way possible as I'm in my 30s myself, but these people who are absolutely glued to their phones and see no problem with it are now having children and continuing this attitude. The girl who spent 10 hours doomscrolling Instagram doesn't suddenly learn to be a better person once she becomes pregnant. Many of these kids are basically living on their Ipads and COVID basically gave parents permission to consider this a good thing, because our school essentially asked the kids to spend 12 hours on their loving Ipads a day anyway just to get school poo poo done.

As for recess:

The Emergency Meeting!

My school had a special meeting about the fact that kids were too loving loud in the hallways during break time. I am 1000% positive that this is because they have zero free time to go outside and do kids stuff, and I am in fact reprimanded if I allow my own students this free time.

The meeting is asking us to brainstorm solutions to this problem. The obvious solution (give them recess) is of course dismissed out of hand, so we spend an hour (unpaid, after school!) pretending to come up with solutions to the obvious problem of a house being on fire without mentioning the word water.

The solution which they implemented was:

Put up big fancy displays in every single hallway of the school with custom art and instructions on what to do if you see a child running or shouting in the hallways. For reference, I will see this a good hundred times in any given day because the kids know that the short time in between classes is the only free time they are ever gonna get.

These fancy displays have a QR code that you can use to rat out a kid for shouting. So the solution to shouting is for the teacher (with their hands full of lesson poo poo, as we rotate classes) to stop each running/shouting child in the hallway, ask for their name, take their photo, and then submit it to the buggy app using our QR code, where I assume it goes into the digital equivalent of a paper shredder and is never brought up again.

This is a great solution because:
- It makes the management look good. It is very visual. Look at all these posters!
- It gives the tech department something to do. Another APP! More apps = more education.
- It gives the art department something to do. Look, we've made 8 different variations on this same poster!
- It pushes all the onus onto the teachers to look like bad guys and narc out kids.
- When it fails, we can just blame it on the teachers because none of them are gonna loving stop a dozen kids a day when you're already rushing around to get your other pointless tasks done.

loving lost me at "QR Code".

Why is recess just not an option?

a strange fowl posted:

in year six my combined 5/6 classroom had fifty six children in it. (two teachers, one of them straight out of university.) they tried to market it to the parents as an innovative new model, but everyone knew they just couldn't find staff. i was talking to my friend who was also in the class and neither of us could remember a single thing we learned in class that entire year lol

I would just quit on the spot. No way.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 7, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

we have so many teachers here a bunch of them go up north to teach on indigenous reservations in order to get experience to come back to big cities to teach. my ex's aunt converted to catholicism to get a job in a catholic school because the competition is too fierce in the public system lmao

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Here's a question, are there many male teachers any more? Are they starting to come back? I know that as I grew up a lot of male teachers were leaving even though they were still young-ish like late 30's early 40's. When my former stepson went to school from 2005-2009ish there were 0 male teachers in either of his schools.

I have no idea why they left or if it's simply my perception.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Tarkus posted:

Here's a question, are there many male teachers any more? Are they starting to come back? I know that as I grew up a lot of male teachers were leaving even though they were still young-ish like late 30's early 40's. When my former stepson went to school from 2005-2009ish there were 0 male teachers in either of his schools.

I have no idea why they left or if it's simply my perception.

Anecdotally, very few in the elementary grades with more in the upper levels, especially in subjects like math, computers, and science.
We do exist though.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I just finished my 32nd year of teaching science last month. This year was tough, for several reasons, not all school-related. Student apathy is probably my biggest problem. There have always been the kids who just don't give a drat, but now it is a lot more than in the past, and they are becoming more disruptive. They used to just sit there and do nothing, now, if you prevent them from talking to their friends or using their phone in class, they actively disrupt the entire class. It is a huge problem, made worse by the remote learning we had to do for COVID.

I still love teaching, it's just harder now than it was. But when you get that moment when some kid actually gets it, that is worth a lot. You can actually see the realization, and suddenly that kid needs to ask a dozen follow-up questions, and for that moment, they actually want to learn. It can happen to any kid, at any moment. One of my proudest moments is the fact that one of my students from my first year admitted to me that she was indifferent to science. She explained that my excitement about astronomy was contagious and led her to become interested. She went on to study astrophysics and aerospace engineering, got a job at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and has since worked on the design/construction teams for the Curiosity and Perseverance rovers that are currently doing amazing poo poo on Mars.

Is it hard?
Yes, absolutely. But most of the time, it is worth it. Planning lessons, presenting them, following up. That is all great. The hard part is all the other stuff we have to do. All the paperwork and meetings and "planning councils" and "advisory sessions" is what makes the job harder than it needs to be.

But you get to go home at 3 o'clock!
Yes, unless it is a day with a meeting, or a parent conference, or a dance, or a game, or a concert, or a training...

But you still get home earlier than most workers!
Maybe, but most workers don't have an extra 2-3 hours of work on an average night. I once had a parent who came in to talk to me while I was grading papers after school. It was a quick check-off assignment, I looked over each paper, and unless something glaring stood out, I gave them points base on how complete the work was. The parent was appalled and said that her child had spent a lot of time doing that work, and I should spend more time grading it. I asked her what a reasonable amount of time was and she said 5 minutes. I pointed out that I had 150 students, and that amounted to over 12 hours worth of grading for a single assignment, and I generally had the students do 2 or 3 of these per week.

But, you get summer off!
Yes... Unpaid! And it's not like I get the whole summer off. Most people seem to think we end at the beginning of June and don't go back until the beginning of September. Three whole months! Nope. We get out at the end of May and go back at the beginning of August. That's two months off. Again unpaid, and there is usually some sort of training, called the "Summer institute" that you have to attend. Don't get me wrong, we get more time off than just about any other job (Except maybe elected officials) but we do not get paid for a lot of it, and a lot of it is not as free as you might imagine.

You are really well paid.
I am. But I have the equivalent of a PhD, and I have been at this job for over 30 years. And if you compare my salary to other professionals with equivalent education/experience levels, I earn a fraction of what they earn.

But you are just basically a glorified babysitter.
gently caress. Off.

But my child isn't learning!
I do my best to engage them and give them what they need to succeed. You can lead a horse to water... I've also found that parent involvement is the single most accurate predictor of student success. Are you asking to see your kid's work? Do you ask them for details about what they are learning in school? Do you check their progress on the online parent reporting system nearly every school district now has???

I love my job. But it is definitely harder than it was. I'm glad I get to retire in a few years.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

That happened to me in sixth grade. Every year the sixth graders would do a history project with an elaborate display that they'd put in the gym for the rest of the school to see. It was a small school and a pretty big deal I guess. I was new and didn't know it was some kind of tradition. I did mine all on my own and every other kid obviously had their parents doing it. There was a report and presentation that I put a lot of effort into, but for the overall project I got a C for not putting enough effort into my display.

Giving serious grades, let alone punishing a child with subpar ones, sounds absolutely mental for what sounds like a creative exercise.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I just finished my first year of teaching. The only reason I stuck it out was because I love the content and the staff was excellent to me and had my back every step of the way. When I was in University to become a teacher they said most teachers will quit in the first two years and I can
easily see why. It’s a lot of work. I sometimes had 12 hour days.

Luckily my summer break I have paid because the school I teach at pays less per month, but then will pay you through summer. Which is great.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Black Stones posted:

I just finished my first year of teaching. The only reason I stuck it out was because I love the content and the staff was excellent to me and had my back every step of the way. When I was in University to become a teacher they said most teachers will quit in the first two years and I can
easily see why. It’s a lot of work. I sometimes had 12 hour days.

Luckily my summer break I have paid because the school I teach at pays less per month, but then will pay you through summer. Which is great.

I always tell the first year teachers the same advice, which was given to me when I was a first year teacher: Commit yourself to teaching at least 2 years. One year will get you going, but you don't really get into the groove until partway into your second year. Then you can really decide if teaching is really for you. Don't give up after just one year.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Oh I’m definitely not quitting. Signed my contract for my second year and it came with a nice pay bump.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

LimaBiker posted:

I think most definitely no state or other national institution should have anything to do with it. Allowing the state to decide on people's digital lives has never ever turned out to be a good thing, except when it comes to net neutrality.

I have seen these in schools near me:

First thing kids have to do is put their phones in that thing. They can only take it out when the class is over, or when explicitely allowed to by the teacher. Parents get a letter with this new policy, and that the school does not accept responsibility for loss, theft by another kid, or the kids forgetting them. If they don't want that, kids need to leave the phone in their locker.

Since nearly every kid has a phone these days, it's instantly obvious if some still have them in their pocket.

I would have not put my actual phone in there just to prove I could even if I didn’t normally use it in class. The problem with being a teacher is that you have to deal with what 30 people are doing and they all have all day to think of ways to outwit you.

Our generation was the undisputed kings of the internet. Everything went to poo poo once we got old and stopped DDoSing and trolling everything that sucked.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I'm like a 4th year teacher, been in public and currently in a private school that caters to kids with emotional issues like depression. I student taught in an innercity school so I've seen basically every economic class at this point, poor, middle class, rich. No rural though, in so much as that's something else.

I'm in a sapphire blue state so my experience is better than most Americans itt, and yeah that even effects the private schools. Better all around pay, treatment, basically zero conservative bullshit expectations etc.

Parents and admins are generally the worst part in my experience, I'm lucky in that I have a silver tongue with parents and can get them eating out of my hand during conferences and that sort of thing. So I'm good at blunting them. Admins though ughhhhhhhh. I have some good ones, but some others are just.... ughhhhhhhh.

It's all and all a hugely SOCIAL job, a job that requires heavy duty people skills in all sorts of strange ways. It can chew you up and destroy you, or improve you by making you HAVE to gain some interesting and mostly healthy senses of humility and ability to laugh at yourself now and a then. I think lots of people don't realize, or don't want to accept that it's not something you just walk into with content knowledge and some technical understandings of what a lesson should be like.

Grape fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 27, 2023

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Internet Old One posted:

The problem with being a teacher is that you have to deal with what 30 people are doing and they all have all day to think of ways to outwit you.

One of the greatest bits of advice I have with the trickiest cohorts (middle school + 9th) is you have to kind of be a bit of a troll.
Not maliciously, not out of spite toward them, never too much of one. But just enough that they recognize that you aren't entirely some stiff suit, and that you can play them at their chaos goblin games a bit.

Even just something like announcing a pop quiz and then just going "naw, I'm just kidding lol". For that age group if you do it right, you accomplish a couple things.

1. It gains a sort of respect, not the typical respect, but something.
2. It shows them you're a somewhat unpredictable game player, and makes them more cautious to play their own tricks.
3. Builds rapport believe it or not.

Absolutely do not to this with younger groups (they will cry), or with older groups (they will think you're a childish weirdo lmao).

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
How many of your students have undiagnosed mental illnesses?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Summer owns.

Playing some Diablo 4 with the wife on patch day.

If you are great at a subject, like helping kids, and hate making anyone else money its a cool rear end job.

Just wrapped up year 11 teaching Physics and CAD.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How many of your students have undiagnosed mental illnesses?

Like 90%. The kids with bad grades feel like terminal failures. The kids with good grades have chronic anxiety about their Adderall driven future while their parents drag them to be doctors and engineers.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Teaching is great but schools are god forsaken hellholes that drive literally everyone in them crazy.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
lmao how do you have schools without recess? How can that happen, what the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Spermanent Record posted:

Teaching is great but schools are god forsaken hellholes that drive literally everyone in them crazy.

Teaching is great but being a child is a god forsaken hellhole that drives literally everyone crazy.

To be fair most people I know say childhood was the best time of their life and only half wistfully

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

teen witch posted:

I also think media literacy should be a much more common subject. I was lucky I had that in grade school but why it was limited to kids who took journalism is beyond me.

The people who rule society don’t want you to have media literacy because it makes you harder to market to. It’s the same as trying to teach financial literacy: banks and credit card companies will spend millions to crush attempts at teaching anything to do with personal finance, or spend more to ensure a public-private partnership where they get to design the curriculum and provide the materials.

My district tried to design a course on critical thinking and science-based investigation of pseudoscience stuff like homeopathic pills sold at drug stores when I was a kid in the 90s, and it was totally derailed by insane parents who felt threatened by it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

To be fair most people I know say childhood was the best time of their life and only half wistfully

I could never understand this. I feel nostalgic at times and miss certain things, but childhood was boring and stifling at best, and all I wanted was to be on my own and get away from my family and adults who wanted to control me. And I was right that I would be happy getting away from them and being able to manage my own life. There were moments of happiness when I was a kid, but I have always been happy since the start of my adulthood.

More people need to understand that their kids are just people who may be completely unlike them and are basically just arbitrarily trapped with them for ~20 years.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

i cannot imagine sympathizing with the plight of adults who choose to accept money for bullying children and coddling parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vulin posted:

lmao how do you have schools without recess? How can that happen, what the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Look the price of insulin isn't gonna go up on its own