Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the amount of new sprites people are making every day on the discord for this thing utterly blows my mind. and there's so many talented pixel artists too!

HopperUK posted:

Yeah I love that they've made it all optional. User-friendly! I do like the look of that mod mentioned before, too, if only because I'd like to be able to preview fusions properly so I know I'm not about to create an abomination. Had to reverse my Luxray/Azumarill fusion.

they're all abominations, just embrace it :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Thank you for that write up so I know not to bother updating yet. Jasmine is waiting on me to fight her on Chrono island right now; who knows what fuckery might happen if she's moved to a new island after triggering her "wait for you at her battle spot" thing. And why should I want all the pokemon to have a lower catch rate? Nobody's ever said they'd enjoy Pokemon more if the wild mons were harder to catch! Would be nice to be able to sort bag stuff easier though.
The only bugs I've noticed that bug me are ones they I guess haven't fixed yet- there's a few sidequests I've finished that the game won't acknowledge as finished. (I am on my 4th play through and I'm pretty sure it has NEVER acknowledged me finding the Chansey's trainer in the Safari Zone) Is there a reward for doing them all, that I'm not gonna be able to get? The guy says he's out of rewards, but I know that's a lie because he says that before he even gives you the GS ball. Which was worthless to me, lol, because I'm playing on Randomize mode. Nothing like finally getting up to a possible legendary encounter and then PBBBTH it's Electablissey instead.
My current goal is just to find all the legendaries and, if possible, double-fusion them all. I have Raikous and Deoxys coming outta my rear end but still no catchable Zapdos.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I've been occasionally working on a sprite here and there, I've found it pretty enjoyable and surprisingly easy. It's 90% copy and pasting parts and 10% fudging it around so it looks nice.

I like how this sunflora/cloyster turned out

and I did mixes of seel, dewgong with fletchling, fletchinder. The dewgong ones turned out goofy in a good way.

I'm thinking of doing an all-ice playthrough after I eventually finish my all-poison playthrough, so I'm making sprites for my team that don't exist yet.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

Thank you for that write up so I know not to bother updating yet. Jasmine is waiting on me to fight her on Chrono island right now; who knows what fuckery might happen if she's moved to a new island after triggering her "wait for you at her battle spot" thing. And why should I want all the pokemon to have a lower catch rate? Nobody's ever said they'd enjoy Pokemon more if the wild mons were harder to catch! Would be nice to be able to sort bag stuff easier though.
The only bugs I've noticed that bug me are ones they I guess haven't fixed yet- there's a few sidequests I've finished that the game won't acknowledge as finished. (I am on my 4th play through and I'm pretty sure it has NEVER acknowledged me finding the Chansey's trainer in the Safari Zone) Is there a reward for doing them all, that I'm not gonna be able to get? The guy says he's out of rewards, but I know that's a lie because he says that before he even gives you the GS ball. Which was worthless to me, lol, because I'm playing on Randomize mode. Nothing like finally getting up to a possible legendary encounter and then PBBBTH it's Electablissey instead.
My current goal is just to find all the legendaries and, if possible, double-fusion them all. I have Raikous and Deoxys coming outta my rear end but still no catchable Zapdos.

This is exactly why I modified the pokeball file so that safari balls have a x4 catch rate. And then I bought a bunch from that dude in goldenrod.

The game itself being easily modified is very convenient for those types of shenanigans. Although it says nothing about the design choices the devs make.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Yestermoment posted:

This is exactly why I modified the pokeball file so that safari balls have a x4 catch rate. And then I bought a bunch from that dude in goldenrod.

The game itself being easily modified is very convenient for those types of shenanigans. Although it says nothing about the design choices the devs make.

Ooh can you tell how to do that? I would like to make catch rates high. I don't enjoy throwing four great balls at a paralyzed beedrill.

My favourite sprites are the ones that are funny jokes, like the balloon animals drifloon sometimes causes. Or the drifloon/chansey fusion I have which is drifloon flying away with the egg in its strings while chansey chases after looking furious.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Ooh can you tell how to do that? I would like to make catch rates high. I don't enjoy throwing four great balls at a paralyzed beedrill.

My favourite sprites are the ones that are funny jokes, like the balloon animals drifloon sometimes causes. Or the drifloon/chansey fusion I have which is drifloon flying away with the egg in its strings while chansey chases after looking furious.

As a preface: Always backup your stuff before screwing around under the hood!

Open up the game's install folder data>scripts>011_Battle and you should find a .rb file named "005_BallHandlers_PokeBallEffects". Open that sucker up in Notepad and search for Safari Ball (or whatever balls strike your fancy). Change the multiplier and save any changes. Just make sure it saves as an rb file and not as .txt

https://imgur.com/a/tBIBtCC

You can rig a lot of things, although I personally haven't figured out anything related to pokemon themselves. So, you're still stuck running around waiting for that jerk Tauros to show up. *4 makes most safari catches a sure thing and legendary catches a breeze as long as they're low on health and have status. Although you could always pump it up to *8 and that would probably be more than enough.

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 10, 2023

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Fantastic, thank you!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks for the details. I'm probably going to do that, also for safari balls. Love that they kept that part of the game exposed.

Bookmarked Kuray's PIF Revamp. Really cool QoL changes. Hope some make their way into the base game. Added both to the OP.

I was confused that I had a patch file with 5.3.4 in the name, but it's actually 5.3.0.4. Not sure what's up with the versioning, probably a typo in file name. Just look at the title screen.

ATM, 5.3.4 < 5.3.0.5

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Yestermoment posted:

As a preface: Always backup your stuff before screwing around under the hood!

Open up the game's install folder data>scripts>011_Battle and you should find a .rb file named "005_BallHandlers_PokeBallEffects". Open that sucker up in Notepad and search for Safari Ball (or whatever balls strike your fancy). Change the multiplier and save any changes. Just make sure it saves as an rb file and not as .txt

https://imgur.com/a/tBIBtCC

You can rig a lot of things, although I personally haven't figured out anything related to pokemon themselves. So, you're still stuck running around waiting for that jerk Tauros to show up. *4 makes most safari catches a sure thing and legendary catches a breeze as long as they're low on health and have status. Although you could always pump it up to *8 and that would probably be more than enough.

That's a hot tip. I didn't really do any Safari Zone piddling around in my current playthrough yet aside from getting Surf and Lucky Egg, cos Safari Zone is so tedious. Gonna try this after work. I wonder if there's a way to turn off the step counter, too. Sometimes it'll do it accidentally, but I haven't been able to figure out how to intentionally trigger that bug.

Also I'm currently putting together a team called Hail Satan. Got Houndoom/Jirachi, Houndoom/Deoxys, and Houndoom/Starmie so far. Probably gonna add Houndoom/Weezing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

That's a hot tip. I didn't really do any Safari Zone piddling around in my current playthrough yet aside from getting Surf and Lucky Egg, cos Safari Zone is so tedious. Gonna try this after work. I wonder if there's a way to turn off the step counter, too. Sometimes it'll do it accidentally, but I haven't been able to figure out how to intentionally trigger that bug.

Also I'm currently putting together a team called Hail Satan. Got Houndoom/Jirachi, Houndoom/Deoxys, and Houndoom/Starmie so far. Probably gonna add Houndoom/Weezing.

I fought a Houndoom/doublade yesterday and it was kickass.

Currently feeling a bit of a lack of type coverage on the team. I'm rocking two grass types and I don't really have anything with a strong flying move, though I'm hoping my fletchinder/machoke buff boy will learn something sooner or later.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
If it's the bug I encountered, all you have to do is immediately reenter the Safari Zone after leaving or getting kicked out, but it was supposedly fixed in 5.2. I haven't updated since 5.1 for that exact reason.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have started an all-Bibarel fusion run after my all-Weavile run hit a snag. This will either be glorious (like the Bibarel/Machamp sprite) or one of the worst Pokemon experiences of my life.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Currently trying Modern Hard mode and its really weird. Some areas of trainers don't feel like they're scaled to the new levels properly, like everyone on Routes 12-14 are 10+ levels below what comparable trainers are at? Its weird.

Also Hard Mode is total bullshit and I'm mostly sticking it out as self punishment at this point. You get these absolutely stupid level jumps for 'boss fights', like how the Silph Co. Giovanni has Pokemon 5-7 levels higher than the Blue fight directly before him.

(also i sinned and cheated the Golem/Dusknoir to give the cool unique sprite to the other one because it has significantly higher BST and they have the same typing and abilities anyways)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

There's a .bat script installer / updater now. It's convenient for Windows players but not great for Linux, Steam Deck, Mac, and Android players. I guess you now have to set it up on Windows first then copy it over.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah Hard is total bullshit with some of the level jumps. Blue getting +10 levels over Lance and having a ridiculous Luxray/Arceus with Retaliate/Extreme Speed/Stone Edge/Earthquake and a Life Orb that he'll switch in and out is insane and I ended up having to grind up some extra levels. But the team did end up pulling through :toot: Dunno how or why it says Debug mode, it should just be Modern but I guess even talking to the debug guy changes it?

The game was definitely more fun the first time around when I could gently caress around more with fun fusions instead of shooting for exclusively strong stuff.

I don't think I could have run my Poryz/Bastiodon in Hard Mode but he was hilariously fun in Normal.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Almost every Miltank fusion is cursed, but Miltank+Poliwrath especially so.

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023

Diet Poison posted:

You should be able to turn of the Safari Zone step counter by opening Data/Scripts/001_Settings.rb and setting the SAFARI_STEPS variable to 0. Save the file, start the game. I'd test it, but I've only just beat Misty.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Zore posted:

I don't think I could have run my Poryz/Bastiodon in Hard Mode but he was hilariously fun in Normal.

I've noticed people who do art for fusions LOVE doing the most gimmicky pokemon (I don't blame them!). And Bastiodon is one of those gimmicky guys that has a generous stat distribution/movepool that really shines when combined with others. Magmortar is another example. Who wouldn't love to give Lapras a duck face and access to flamethrower+thunderbolt?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I need some help installing the game. I've downloaded the zip files, unpacked them, ran the INSTALL.bat per the instructions, but every time I run it I get an "Windows cannot find '.\version_control\PortableGit\git-bash.exe" error. I'm not great at computer so I don't really understand what's happening.

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I need some help installing the game. I've downloaded the zip files, unpacked them, ran the INSTALL.bat per the instructions, but every time I run it I get an "Windows cannot find '.\version_control\PortableGit\git-bash.exe" error. I'm not great at computer so I don't really understand what's happening.

I found this guide and the corresponding mod (posted earlier in the thread) to be easy enough to use, even on my Steam Deck.

Download base mod (preloaded_0.7.3), download the most recent update from the github link, download the graphics back, unzip all and drop into the base mod folder, overwriting the files, then launch.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

malnourish posted:

I found this guide and the corresponding mod (posted earlier in the thread) to be easy enough to use, even on my Steam Deck.

Download base mod (preloaded_0.7.3), download the most recent update from the github link, download the graphics back, unzip all and drop into the base mod folder, overwriting the files, then launch.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

There is now version 5.3.0.6. Don't know what it does.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

"Windows cannot find '.\version_control\PortableGit\git-bash.exe" error. I'm not great at computer
Some guy in the discord says

quote:

For anyone struggling with the general installment, here is a solid guide on the steps to get it running.
https://youtu.be/H1mcxGIgEb8

If you have the following error:
´´Windows cannot find '.\version_control\PortableGit\git-bash.exe' ´´
It might be because the files were removed by your Anti-Virus
Or you have the extracted files put on your Desktop or Downloads folder, instead of a C drive or other.

if you get "Cannot stat './git_pull.sh': No such file or directory. It is because you are trying to use the update.bat on an installation from before the new method was introduced.
Create a new folder, extract your ZIP in there. And run install.bat for a new installation. Your save file will stay intact

For anyone on Phone, you cannot run the new "Install.bat" on your phone. You have to get a Windows device, to extract the files to then move the new version on your phone.
Extract everything in the download to a new folder on C: maybe.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there a good guide to setting this up on steamdeck?

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023
I just downloaded and unzipped everything as if it were Windows, then added the launcher as a non-Steam game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

malnourish posted:

I just downloaded and unzipped everything as if it were Windows, then added the launcher as a non-Steam game

:same: Only difference is I downloaded/extracted on my PC then copied the whole folder over to the Deck. From there adding the exe as a non-steam Game (and forcing compatibility to GE-Proton) got this running without issue.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

someone awful. posted:

they're all abominations, just embrace it :unsmigghh:

They are all my beautiful friends.
Except for Mr Mime + Pinsir. Mr Sir is Nobody's friend.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Broken Cog posted:

Almost every Miltank fusion is cursed, but Miltank+Poliwrath especially so.

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023

fit em all up in there posted:

Is there a good guide to setting this up on steamdeck?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:same: Only difference is I downloaded/extracted on my PC then copied the whole folder over to the Deck. From there adding the exe as a non-steam Game (and forcing compatibility to GE-Proton) got this running without issue.

Glad to see it works both ways!

One last bit of setup tips: check a community profile for the controls (I use one made by a goon, with slight modifications) and set a game-specific performance profile to reduce refresh rate to 40fps (you can also safely lower TDP).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

malnourish posted:

Glad to see it works both ways!

One last bit of setup tips: check a community profile for the controls (I use one made by a goon, with slight modifications) and set a game-specific performance profile to reduce refresh rate to 40fps (you can also safely lower TDP).

Question, how to add it to steam ? I used q4wine to open the Mobile version but not quite sure how to add it so I can just open from home.

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023

fit em all up in there posted:

Question, how to add it to steam ? I used q4wine to open the Mobile version but not quite sure how to add it so I can just open from home.

I'm not sure what you used q4wine for or why. I added the executable as a non-Steam game in desktop mode.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

malnourish posted:

I'm not sure what you used q4wine for or why. I added the executable as a non-Steam game in desktop mode.

Was messing around with stuff before trying noodles method. That worked

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The primary download link is a script now so you can't just unzip and go. You got the mobile version so if it works just stick with it.
With 5.3.0.7 there is now a linux install script too, but it doesn't seem to work on Steam Deck. They'll probably fix it or eventually or someone will do a guide.

A you could run the install script on a Windows machine and copy the files over, or get an older "dynamic" version like 5.2.1 or 5.3.0.5.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 20, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I did some research for a Monster Hunter run and lmao that there are at least 60 goddamn Monster Hunter reference sprites.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The official downloads are kind of messed up atm. The "mobile" version seems to be best for now, even on Windows.

- The preloaded version is missing sprites. They appear as ?.
- The alternate launcher crashes, missing sprites.
- The script for the normal install / update works usually, but sometimes you have to try again.
- The OSX / Linux install script on the official download page requires Wine.

I helped them fix the Linux script so it will work out of the box on a Steam Deck, but I can't yet get them to put the updated one on the page.

On Windows, OneDrive seems to be locking script files or something at inopportune times causing crashes. That's fixed by moving the game to a folder in C: or somewhere else outside the user folder.

I'm kind of bummed because I really want to recommend this game to some friends. They'll love it. It's the perfect Steam Deck game too. But it'll have to wait. I'll update the OP with install info when the dust settles.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 27, 2023

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Heran Bago posted:

The official downloads are kind of messed up atm. The "mobile" version seems to be best for now, even on Windows.

- The preloaded version is missing sprites. They appear as ?.
- The alternate launcher crashes, missing sprites.
- The script for the normal install / update works usually, but sometimes you have to try again.
- The OSX / Linux install script on the official download page requires Wine.

I helped them fix the Linux script so it will work out of the box on a Steam Deck, but I can't yet get them to put the updated one on the page.

On Windows, OneDrive seems to be locking script files or something at inopportune times causing crashes. That's fixed by moving the game to a folder in C: or somewhere else outside the user folder.

I'm kind of bummed because I really want to recommend this game to some friends. They'll love it. It's the perfect Steam Deck game too. But it'll have to wait. I'll update the OP with install info when the dust settles.

For what its worth, the way noodle suggestioned to set it up worked great.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Big news! They are going to add maybe about 20 new Pokemon to Infinite Fusion. Which ones are up for vote! The form to do it is here.

Second, the state of downloading / installing the game has been worse and worse post- 5.2.1. The game itself at 5.3.0.7 is great but:
- The download site qiwi is feeding people malware.
- The provided Windows install script doesn't work in a lot of fringe cases, and the patched script is buried.
- The normal / dynamic launcher runs slowly for a lot of people. The current alternate launcher and preloaded versions need a fix applied to work right.

Some friends want to play asap but they're horrible with computers and can't navigate this poo poo. Rather than walking them through it I copy-pasted stuff from Discord into this setup guide for all platforms. It also has Google Drive mirrors for all the downloads. It didn't pass the Discord idiot test though, where extracting a .zip file is too hard for some.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 6, 2023

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023
Glad to see they're adding more Pokemon. I've yet to find a compelling reason to switch from Kurayama's mod, but new Pokemon might do it.

I'm more curious if they'll ever upgrade to the new and greatly improved Pokemon Essentials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
where the gently caress is my boy falinx