Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Not having my boys Zangoose, Scrafty, and Toxicroak is possibly my biggest complaint about this game. If that gets rectified I'll be pleased as punch, though I'd be willing to bet two more sets of starters will be making it in instead.

Started yet another new game. I finished my Randomized mode one, to the point of hunting down all the gym leaders for rematches and beating them, but it annoyed me that I couldn't get all the legendaries. Surely they're all technically in there but like gently caress I'm spending a hundred hours hunting for them. So now I'm doing a modern mode modified nuzlocke and already lost my Bulbasaur before even facing Brock. God drat it. At least I have Pyukumyuku here who gets a water move at... oh. Water Sport, and Soak at Lv41. Real loving useful. This run might end real early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023
What are your nuzlocke rules? I just started a randomized one where I can capture the first 2 uniques per route, and each pokemon must be immediately fused if possible.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Y'all better upvote my perfect child Hawlucha. I need to see every pokemon in a luchador mask.

I need it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Noper Q posted:

Y'all better upvote my perfect child Hawlucha. I need to see every pokemon in a luchador mask.

I need it.
oh obviously I voted for everything based on potential combination nightmares, and hawlucha is one of the most clear inclusions

malnourish
Jun 16, 2023
Don't forget the disgrace that is the Lord of Guzz, Guzzlord.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh hell yeah, we got the first new one confirmed and its Sableye!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

malnourish posted:

What are your nuzlocke rules? I just started a randomized one where I can capture the first 2 uniques per route, and each pokemon must be immediately fused if possible.

I don't like torturing myself, so I'm pretty lax. Faint=dead, and one mon per route but doesn't have to be the first one I see. Emphasis on using Pokemon I haven't used in Infinite Fusion yet. If I catch a Nincada I'm allowed to use it to clone a Pokemon by evolving it. No breeding allowed, but no restrictions on fusing and unfusing. Catching an already-fused Pokemon is allowed so that's like getting an extra Pokemon, if one of em isn't poo poo anyway.
Though I survived Brock thanks to Kirlia and Luxio after losing Bulbasaur. both of them died while training for Misty (fuckin god drat Innards Out basically one-shotted my Luxio!) so again I might be screwed.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Zore posted:

Oh hell yeah, we got the first new one confirmed and its Sableye!

gently caress yeah.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

New game version! 5.3.1. Install issues with Alternative / Preloaded versions seem to persist.

quote:

No new pokemon in this version.

**New version [5.3.1]**
Bit of a smaller update than usual. I'm releasing this one ahead of schedule because of a new bug with the autogenerated sprites.
**This does NOT contain any of the new Pokémon that were recently announced.**

**New features and changes**
- Made if possible to use the side arrows to scroll faster in pokedex and long lists
- Added overworld shadows for player and npcs
- Added water animation for surfing an puddles
- Added small animation after defeating Mt. Silver boss
- Increased the number of points for box link to 5000

**Bugfixes**
- Fixed a bug causing screen effects to linger after losing to Mt. Silver boss
- Fixed lag in Sinnoh trio portals
- Fixed trainers not using fused Pokémon on Kin Island's Pokemon club
- Fixed an issue causing autogenerated sprites to not download properly

Also finally pulled the non-Steam game screenshots of my Deck. Classic was so charming.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

choice paralysis is a real loving menace in this

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

choice paralysis is a real loving menace in this

Oh god I know. Just buy yourself lots of splicers so you can go nuts.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Ayuh, one of the smartest things in the game is that the splicers are dirt fuckin cheap. And yet I find that in every game I play, by the time I hit the end I still only have a team of 3-9 fused Pokemon, and everyone else has fallen way behind. That's why I'm doing a Nuzlocke now, because it basically forces me to give up my preferred pals and move on to other ones. Right now carrying my team is a Poliwhirl/Fearow who is ugly as hell and 100% is going to die the first time he gets hit by a tiny jolt of lightning.

My MVP of my last run was Quagsire/Magmortar (fire/ground) with Water Absorb. And by MVP I mean he was decently useful and so cute I couldn't bear to not have him in my team so he stayed with me to the end.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
We got the second new mon line announced and its the Scolipede line, which means we're now 2 for 2 on adding some of my favorite mons in. And as a bonus they're a staff pick and don't count towards the 20 new mons being added.

This is ending up being kinda nuts.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Bah, I give up my Nuzlocke and announce myself as a failure. The Burned Mansion on Cinnabar killed most of my team (gently caress Destiny Bond and gently caress Explosion) and I got nothing to face Blaine with. And the game's kinda disappointing when 50% of the Pokemon you see are white question mark circles. I bet there's a community of sprite-makers working overtime to fill in the gaps but there's just so many gaps it's a daunting task.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

Bah, I give up my Nuzlocke and announce myself as a failure. The Burned Mansion on Cinnabar killed most of my team (gently caress Destiny Bond and gently caress Explosion) and I got nothing to face Blaine with. And the game's kinda disappointing when 50% of the Pokemon you see are white question mark circles. I bet there's a community of sprite-makers working overtime to fill in the gaps but there's just so many gaps it's a daunting task.

Aww rip.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

Oh man can't imagine that part in a Nuzlocke.

0% of the Pokemon you see should be white question mark circles. Are autogen ones not showing up? If you're using the preloaded version or alternate launcher then you need Sprites.zip and the latest full sprite pack. On the normal version it should just work if your internet connection is ok.

It's a bit of a mess and 5.3.1 didn't fix it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
We also got the newest Pokemon additions announced today as Tyrunt/Tyrantrum. Still another 17ish to go because the Venipede line was thrown in as freebies but so far the choices 100% align with what I wanted.

The slow rollout was probably the right call. I think Sableye is already top 10 in terms of custom sprites and having about a week per family reveal means you get a pretty concentrated blast of sprites for each new mon.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Heran Bago posted:

Oh man can't imagine that part in a Nuzlocke.

0% of the Pokemon you see should be white question mark circles. Are autogen ones not showing up? If you're using the preloaded version or alternate launcher then you need Sprites.zip and the latest full sprite pack. On the normal version it should just work if your internet connection is ok.

It's a bit of a mess and 5.3.1 didn't fix it.

Yeah, the autogen ones don't show up anymore. You know the guy who made the generator revoked the game's permission to use them, yeah? I assume there's still a way to get the full comprehensive sprite pack- I honestly haven't looked. But at this point I've played through the game I think 4 times now, and to the game's credit there's so many ways to play it that you can actually do that- lord knows any official Pokemon game doesn't have that kind of back to back replayability. If they put my pal Zangoose in the game then when that happens I'll maybe do a new replay with him hacked in as my starter.
(e: Didn't really finish my thought there lol, I was gonna say after playing through the game let's call it 3.5 times, I'm bored with going through the same places and story and even playing through different ways drags at certain points, so I think I'm done with the game for now regardless.)
Tell you one thing, I have debug mode turned on by default and I hadn't realized it automatically gives you the ability to cut, surf, rock climb, etc. by default. Now that I've had a taste of that I'm never going back to having to do ten tons of backtracking just for items and TMs. That's one thing the new games got right: unofficially gating areas by pokemon level instead of that "well you can't move rocks yet so come back later" poo poo is great.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 19, 2023

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The next three mons to be added have been announced: Snorunt, Glalie, and Froslass.

Not my first choice, but not too bad. A giant ice skull could be fun.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Glalie is definitely one of those pokemon that's been done dirty time and time again, so I respect them giving him some time in the sun.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The latest update 5.3.1.2 moves sprites to gitlabs. If you don't have sprites preloaded you might have to update. The infinite splicers can be obtained again, and the file host for the mobile download doesn't serve up viruses anymore.

A few pokemon to be added have been revealed but they're not in yet.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

The latest update 5.3.1.2 moves sprites to gitlabs. If you don't have sprites preloaded you might have to update. The infinite splicers can be obtained again, and the file host for the mobile download doesn't serve up viruses anymore.

A few pokemon to be added have been revealed but they're not in yet.

Ugh what a chore.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I guess I have to finally update. I've been sitting on the last version that had the infinite-steps Safari Zone bug. Ah well.

I'm not super impressed with the other announced additions. Sharpedo and Trevenant are all right, but I'm getting increasingly worried for my child Hawlucha.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, so far we're up to

Creator's choice
Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede
Oricorio (all 4 forms which also means they're adding future form support to other Pokemon which is absolutely nuts)
Trubbish/Garbodor

Voted
Sableye
Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass
Phantump/Trevanent
Carvanha/Sharpedo
Goomy/Sligoo/Goodra

Which means there are roughly ~7 slots left of the initial 20 they announced they were adding since the top group explicitly don't count towards the limit.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 19, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
And we just got Swablu/Altaria and Noibat/Noivern announced.

Roughly 3 more slots remain.

EDIT; Apparently Sableye doesn't count as a community pick any more so there are 4 slots left

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 24, 2023

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Given that these last reveals were done on a beach for no reason and specifically call out sandcastles, I'm assuming Palossand and Sandyghast are up next. Though I don't remember if they were on the survey.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Noper Q posted:

Given that these last reveals were done on a beach for no reason and specifically call out sandcastles, I'm assuming Palossand and Sandyghast are up next. Though I don't remember if they were on the survey.

They were yeah, it went up to Gen VII. And it was specifically a fake out because people datamined Sandyghast and Necrozma in the demo that was put out to announce Trevanent

Still unclear if they're 3/4 of the last spots or that was just the devs screwing with people

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Man swablu has great possibilities with the cloud and everything.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also lmao they're now doing 7 more bonus lines and still have 4 out of 20 of the original 'vote picks' left.

We got Stuffl/Bewear and Dhelmise confirmed with 5 new lines to be revealed over the next 5 days. The devs are crazy since they're on pace to triple the initial amount they were going to add.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
where is falinks. give me falinks

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
They're still using a pretty ancient version of Essentials apparently and haven't wanted to put in the time to put in the information for Gen VIII or IX mons yet so the new mons are still limited to Gens I-VII.

Hell it doesn't even handle alternate formes currently which is why one of the leads chose Oricorio, to force in that functionality.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The week of reveals is over: Mareanie+Toxapex, :holy:Hawlucha:holy:, Cacnea+Cacturne, Sandygast+Palossand (after one more fakeout), and Amaura+Aurorus.

And there's more to come, apparently, with "remaining community picks" and spriters' choice vote.

I can't wait for all of these to get added in (maybe one more than the others). I just hope the dev isn't biting off more than they can chew.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

How has Toxicroak not made it, the heck?

It'll be a miracle if the game runs at all after adding forms and the additions.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I didn't expect to see a thread about this fangame! It's a ton of fun, and I've contributed some sprites to it. Here they are if you wanna take a gander.

I gotta get around to adding some more sometime. Most fun thing to do is just play the game however you want to, and whenever you end up making a fusion that doesn't have a custom sprite you go make one for it! If any of yall like to do spritework or edits, I recommend giving that a try.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sea Lily posted:

I didn't expect to see a thread about this fangame! It's a ton of fun, and I've contributed some sprites to it. Here they are if you wanna take a gander.

I gotta get around to adding some more sometime. Most fun thing to do is just play the game however you want to, and whenever you end up making a fusion that doesn't have a custom sprite you go make one for it! If any of yall like to do spritework or edits, I recommend giving that a try.

Aaahhhhhhhh I love these

You know what I might try to make some.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I haven't got around to installing it yet but a big update out.

quote:

Update 6.0 is now available!

After several months of anticipation, the new Pokémon are finally there! This update adds all of new Pokémon that have been announced since August! Most of these new Pokémon will be available during the main game in classic mode, with the legendaries being post-game.

The update also comes with a brand new launcher which allows you to easily install and update the game via a neat user interface!
**You can also still use the old installer to download/update your game if you're having issues with the launcher**

The full changelog is too long to fit in this post, so here's a small summary of the new features added in this update:

- Added 41 new Pokémon (46 including forms)
- Fusion data is now calculated dynamically
- Added new post-game questline for Necrozma
- Completely remade the Sealed Chamber maps and added new puzzles for the Regi trio
- Added hidden Pokémon nests that can found in specific areas
- Added several new quests and events related to the new Pokémon
- Added new Regi triple fusion

This update includes some major changes under the hood. And so it's expected that there will be some bugs.

quote:

Pokémon Infinite Fusion Version 6.0
Release notes
###########################

NEW POKEMON
- Added Phantump quest in Goldenrod hotel
- Added prisms for Necrozma quest in several caves
- Added postgame Necrozma questline starting at Lavender Tower
- Added fused Regirock, Regice, Registeel encounters in Sealed chamber
- Added new underwater temple area to replace the old Regigiagas sealed chamber
- Added new regi triple fusion
- Added fossil maniac battle in Saffron City to obtain the Sail or Jaw fossil
- Added Carvanha quest in Fuchsia hotel
- Added Oricorio quest in Pewter City
- Added Stufful static encounter in Saffron city
- Changed johto daycare-egg to Rockruff
- Added Rockruff egg in secret garden
- Added Goomy egg on Route 15
- Added Noibat egg in Rock Tunnel
- Added Hawluch egg in Saffron City
- Added Swablu egg on Route 23
- Added Snorunt egg in Seafoam Islands
- Added wild Oricorio encounters in National Park (all forms)
- Added wild Oricorio encounters in Sevii Island (different form for each island)
- Added wild Venipede/Whirlipede encounters in Safari Zone (night)
- Added wild Carvanha encounter in Safari Zone
- Added wild Sharpedo encounter in Sevii Islands
- Added wild Phantump encounter in Ilex Forest
- Added wild Cacnea encounter in Safari Zone
- Added wild Sableye encounter to Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel
- Added wild Mareanie encounter in Chrono Island (fishing)
- Added wild encounters for ice cavern (Swinub, Piloswine, Snorunt, Glalie)
- Added possible Sableye encounter in waterfall cave
- Added ice puzzle in Ice mountains cave with Froslass static encounter
- Added basement to Brine road sunken ship with static Dhelmise encounter
- Added random Trubbish encounters when checking trashcans
- Added random Sandygast encounters when destroying sandcastles
- Added Sail Fossil and Jaw Fossil to possible rock smash items

SYSTEM
- Improved loading speed for dynamic version
- Added message when completing a quest
- Added basic level caps option

FUSION
- All fusion data is now calculated dynamically from the base Pokémon
(Mostly under the hood stuff. It should function the same as before in-game)
- Fusion growth rate now uses the lowest of both instead of being harcoded to medium
- Removed all type exceptions for fusions except for Normal/Flying Pokémon
- When a Pokemon head's 1st type is the same as the body's 2nd type, the fusion will now use the body's 1st type as its 2nd type instead of becoming mono-type
- Added music after fusion animation
- Made it possible to pick whether to evolve the body or head if both can evolve at the same time

POKEDEX AND SPRITES
- Sprites select page now opens automatically when registering a new Pokemon to the pokedex
- Pokedex is now shown after fusing, evolving, hatching, and reversing
- Alt sprites page now opens on the currently selected sprite if it's been manually selected by the player
- Added forms sprites select option in Pokedex for Necrozma (and eventual Pokemon with multiple battle forms)
- Missing base sprites can now get automatically downloaded
- Repositioned all Pokemon sprites for battles
- Added shadows to enemy Pokemon in battles
- Individual Pokemon can now have up to 62 alt sprites

GRAPHICS
- Updated Koga's overworld sprite
- Changed outside appearance of route 5 daycare
- Added several missing item icons

MISCEALLANEOUS GAMEPLAY
- Bike is no longer needed for sky pillar
- Nerfed mankey paw money loop
- Having a mareanie or toxapex fusion in your team now scares off the corsolas in the sevii island
- Jasmine now gives a Mareanie instead of Mareanie doll
- Added poison jab tm in rock tunnel
- Added cardboard tyrantrum fight in Goldenrod mall
- Added Linking Cord to Radio tower quiz prizes
- Strength HM is now obtained directly after waking the Snorlax on Route 12
- Made Mimikyu's puzzle more straightforward
- Removed moves that are no longer unobtainable from special move tutors
- Made it impossible to go under bond bridge (was too buggy)
- Remade the first floor of Seafoam Islands
- Added Scald TM in Ember Spa
- Moved network chip item to Treasure beach in the sevii islands

BUGFIXES
- Fixed head species not being registered in Pokedex after unfusing
- Fixed rival duplication glitch in Silph Co.
- Fixed resizing issue causing half pixels in battle sprites
- Fixed nightime battle backgrounds not displaying corectly
- Added missing battle transitions for Agatha and Kurt
- Fixed music not resuming after fusing from PC
- Fixed various tiling issues

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I really like the sprite select popping up for new captures. Some of the optional sprites for base Pokemon are *really* frickin cute.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also note if you're having an issue where caves spawn in completely black you just need to go into the base folder

Go into Graphics-> Tilesets and rename Caves.png to caves.png

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I lost my pokemon fusion save when upgrading computers. Apparently it's one of those games that keeps save data in a different folder than the one where absolutely everything else is stored for some reason. Incredibly bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ariong posted:

I lost my pokemon fusion save when upgrading computers. Apparently it's one of those games that keeps save data in a different folder than the one where absolutely everything else is stored for some reason. Incredibly bummed.

Yeah its dumped in a hidden appdata file for some inexplicable reason?

The install does include a shortcut to where the saves are in the base folder now at least.