Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

I feel like 500excf type r would fit right in at the bodybuilding.com forums

Except in this case they're right.

Wasn't the bodybuilding.com argument based on someone working out every other day which led to an argument about how many workouts per week that came out to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

olives black posted:

If you're really thinking about getting into Marvel/Star Wars/etc. for the first time just do anime instead.

Yeah you won't be as popular at work or anywhere else but you'll get more out of it. None of the characters are, like, real, so they can do physically impossible stuff constantly for maximum spectacle without it being Uncanny Valley as poo poo.

Plus the soundtracks are just better. I don't know who decided that every theme song had to be either an ironic cover or a joyless dirge but I loving hate it. Anime J-Pop and J-Rock songs are glucose shots right to your veins. If you let down your defenses when they come on (which you have to do anyway if you're watching bilge like Star Wars) then you'll be smiling in seconds.

Coounterpoint: Anime is bad.