Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Passive Aggreeable posted:

all joysticks have a deadzone, a rotation where rotation is ignored, so it can wear on a lot of people. Otherwise I think VR is a must-have experience for instance, totes forgot about that. I do wish there was more vr support on PC. (vorpx)
I hope VR progresses into an area that is a lot more friendly for broken humans who get motion sickness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."

Jelly posted:

I hope VR progresses into an area that is a lot more friendly for broken humans who get motion sickness
Me two, maybe a pill or something.

I thought I'd do much better at avoiding mishaps than I initially did; I almost fell down going through the tutorial of the battle royale game. I haven't experienced a technology that shaped my imagination (bigger) and dreams about video games than what vr has done.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jelly posted:

I'm not sure if you can't read or you're just really bad at math, but I said 2005 and I spelled out the math in my last post so I don't really know what else to do here besides advise you acquire some kind of education.

2001 != 2005, that seems to be where you're getting hung up even though you blatantly said "2005 is two decades ago", which is both wrong and stupid and apparently thread related as a hill you're willing to die on.

Sorry, we are presently in the 2021-2030 decade, I figured you would be able to follow the pattern.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

500excf type r posted:

Sorry, we are presently in the 2021-2030 decade, I figured you would be able to follow the pattern.

I don't know if decades are commonly delineated like centuries are but I guess they can be.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I don't know if decades are commonly delineated like centuries are but I guess they can be.

That is probably the dumbest semantic internet hill to die on I have seen in four decades. Five decades if you count them like an absolute dipshit.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

I guess It Makes Sense if you were like since the 10's or 00's, so yeah they totally are like that but if you say 'decade' I think people will always think you mean an arbitrary ten-year span

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jelly posted:

That is probably the dumbest semantic internet hill to die on I have seen in four decades. Five decades if you count them like an absolute dipshit.

Well let's count the decades then: 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s.... Yep that's 5

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
80s and 90s were the best decades because the cassette hardware was actually good.

Just got a new one called the Tape Roller + and it's... not great honestly. I like the transparent design so that you can see all the gears spinning, but the sound quality pales in comparison to my used Walkman. Apparently there's only one company that's still making new cassette mechanisms (the "Tanashin") and it sucks real rear end.

So that's another hill you can bayonet me on. Cassettes are the best music format and we need someone to start making good ones again.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

500excf type r posted:

Well let's count the decades then: 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s.... Yep that's 5

Let's talk about how we measure our dicks, from the bottom of the balls up :colbert:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Let's talk about how we measure our dicks, from the bottom of the balls up :colbert:

it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I feel like 500excf type r would fit right in at the bodybuilding.com forums

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
that poo poo you like sucks and you liking it means you are morally bad

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Farg posted:

:hmmyes:

UncleMoeLester
Oct 25, 2016

Midget Fiddler
Lipstick Apathy
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG is actually a decent game

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Devils Affricate posted:

Phenomenal

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

Except in this case they're right.

Wasn't the bodybuilding.com argument based on someone working out every other day which led to an argument about how many workouts per week that came out to?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Farg posted:

I like you :smuggo:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jelly posted:

It doesn't care how it's prepared, and unless you're killing it with your own hands, honoring it is a kind of an odd thing to focus on, considering the horrors you've put it through with your consumerism.

I could care less about them defiling the meat if they actually ate it which I doubt they do (mostly because half the time I'm pretty sure it would kill them), so I will go ahead and share your criticisms for outrage attention.

But I do not share your el-meat-ism. Pigs are delicious.

Ooh, good one: Anyone who uses the phrase "I could care less" is probably a moron.

e: just read the rest of the thread, :lol:

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 2, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I have total faith that Mark Zuckerberg needs to be crucified upside down in Bryant Park in order for humanity to heal and move forward.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The internet was a mistake.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jelly posted:

hi i'm one of those broken humans. i was afraid of trying vr for a long time for exactly that reason, but i tried it out recently and as long as you are doing a game/app where your own position is relatively static, you should be fine. like i played an exercise game where you stand in one spot and swing virtual bats at objects that come flying toward you. the overall landscape itself wasn't moving. no sickness at all, and it was pretty fun. i'm just waiting for poo poo to get cheaper now.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Except in this case they're right.

Wasn't the bodybuilding.com argument based on someone working out every other day which led to an argument about how many workouts per week that came out to?

Sunday Tuesday Thursday Saturday every other day four days a week bing bong

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Devils Affricate posted:

American comics would instantly become significantly more readable if they just stopped bolding every 3rd or 4th word, as if they're convinced their audiences don't know how spoken language is typically emphasized.

:thunk:

edit: never mind, all is well

William Henry Hairytaint fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 2, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Earwicker posted:

hi i'm one of those broken humans. i was afraid of trying vr for a long time for exactly that reason, but i tried it out recently and as long as you are doing a game/app where your own position is relatively static, you should be fine. like i played an exercise game where you stand in one spot and swing virtual bats at objects that come flying toward you. the overall landscape itself wasn't moving. no sickness at all, and it was pretty fun. i'm just waiting for poo poo to get cheaper now.

Beat Sabre, good game. I might also suggest Moss as a good fun stationary VR game

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

Anyone who uses the phrase "I could care less" is probably a moron.
:goonsay:"Nitpicking frivolous semantics is the only true measure of human intelligence."

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

"Oh he taught from 1999-2011. You know, three decades." -An alarming number of goons, possibly a majority

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Jelly posted:

"Oh he taught from 1999-2011. You know, three decades." -An alarming number of goons, possibly a majority

https://twitter.com/vas_90s/status/1230929394216161280?lang=en

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

:shuckyes: :nice:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wizard Master made the best threads in GBS.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sigher posted:

Wizard Master made threads in GBS.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The biggest proponents of cycling behave like assholes while actually riding their bikes and are just as bad as car people as far as the danger they pose to pedestrians. Trains ftw

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Futanari Damacy posted:

The biggest proponents of cycling behave like assholes while actually riding their bikes and are just as bad as car people as far as the danger they pose to pedestrians. Trains ftw

I imagine that they're much less dickish outside of America, but yeah. I've had them whip past me when I had a very small dog in tow, and their excuse was that they gave me a 3 second warning.

:d2a:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Blockbuster Video was not any worse than any other video store of its day.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

olives black posted:

I imagine that they're much less dickish outside of America, but yeah. I've had them whip past me when I had a very small dog in tow, and their excuse was that they gave me a 3 second warning.

:d2a:

Wrong, here in Ireland cyclists cycle on the footpath right next to the cycle lanes that were built for them, knocking down pedestrians and getting snippy with the ones who wont move out of their way

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Wrong, here in Ireland cyclists cycle on the footpath right next to the cycle lanes that were built for them, knocking down pedestrians and getting snippy with the ones who wont move out of their way

welp :smith:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

Blockbuster Video was not any worse than any other video store of its day.
Yeah they were. I remember one tried to charge me a late fee for an 8 hour rental. It's one of the very few companies I've boycotted in my entire life.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I'm pretty sure they're allowed to kill you in Norway if you're not on a bike.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I won’t eat octopus; I refuse to eat a creature that’s more intelligent than most Republicans

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Trailer breakdowns defeat the whole point of trailers. Trailers are supposed to be a quick impression that piques your interest, disorients you slightly, and then you move on to something else. Meticulously breaking down a trailer is like pouring a shot of whiskey, sticking a little straw in it, and taking teeny sips over the course of a half hour.

"Notoriety" is not synonymous with "fame" or "notability". Notoriety means "famous for something bad". You don't gain notoriety for having the best calzones in town. You gain notoriety for sickening 70 people from improperly stored beef. Because of that incident you are now notorious for unsafe food prep. I've read multiple news articles that commit this error.

sigher posted:

There's no way that anyone prefers 2049 more right? Those people don't actually exist.

Eh, they're about equal in my opinion. Replace Jared Leto with anyone else and I would prefer 2049 by a strong margin.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

I think his Wikipedia has the same joke:

quote:

Mickey Rooney (born Joseph Yule Jr.; other pseudonym Mickey Maguire;[1] September 23, 1920 – April 6, 2014) was an American actor. In a career spanning nine decades, he appeared in more than 300 films and was among the last surviving stars of the silent-film era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jelly posted:

lol dumbass you just need to polish it up.

to say someone who taught from 1999-2011 "taught for three decades" would of course be absurd. however, it is entirely technically correct to say that 1999-2011 is a career spanning three decades.