Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The ablative redshirt

This would make a great username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Later on Roddenberry added the 'rule' that starships had to have even numbers of warp nacelles in a deliberate dig at the Star Fleet Technical Manual which had single and triple-nacelled designs.
Because money of course.
Then TNG had the Freedom and Niagara classes class at Wolf 359, the Galaxy refit, and welp

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That ringship is actually pretty drat cool and would bridge canon nicely with some Vulcan/XCV 330 Enterprise-influence meta/canon.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Pwnstar posted:

TOS - Shore Leave

I could read episode recaps like this all day long.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

My favorite Insurrection moment is the alternate commentary track where Sirtis and Frakes get increasingly blitzed and completely poo poo on the movie.

Is this available anywhere online? It's reached almost legendary status, but I haven't that dvd or the interest in owning it, but I really want to experience their drunken commentary making GBS threads all over Frakes' movie.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

CPColin posted:

Beverly Crusher is typing...

What a snipe. :lol:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

zoux posted:

I read the first couple of DS9 relaunch novels over the past few days - first Trek books I've read since like Dark Mirror and Q2 in the 90s- and you know what - not too shabby.

Vaughn is a decent character that falls into that trope of Star Trek's 'everyone knows/served with everyone'. And he kinda gets done dirty later on, too.

The relaunch novels themselves aren't bad, some creative choices work better than others, especially when trying to figure out where to go from the finale.
Bashir and Dax both get some interesting character arcs down the line, and Andy Robinson's excellent A Stich in Time is considered part of the relaunch and well worth the read if you can find it.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

SlothfulCobra posted:

What if they find a planet where somebody wanted to try following the teachings of Khan Noonian Singh without the whole World War 3 thing and we get more exploring what the Genetics Wars were about.

Everybody sounds like Ricardo Montalban.

And would be played by Brent Spiner. Every role.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Zaroff posted:

Probably The Enterprise Incident.

Seconded, not only just for Spock's reaction at the end.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Fighting Trousers posted:

Having previously done a big network show from the top of the call sheet before, Bakula was apparently very protective of his castmates, and he was royally pissed at them having basically had their series finale stolen from them. Archer was a frequently iffy character, but Bakula's a stand-up guy.

Everything I've read about Bakula has been glowing praise; before, during and after Enterprise.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

With the advances in tech, maybe by the end of Picard, Troi, Riker and Minuet are in a wholesome stable throuple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Which explains why that Doctor in that is waaaaay more Kelly than Picardo.