Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Ask me how I smoke weed, watch hentai, everyday and how it's unfair that governments limits my ability to do this. Also ask me why I have to write in green text in order for my posts to stand out.
I've been thinking about this thread a lot lately.

I've come to the conclusion that it presents a completely unnecessary and idiotic false dichotomy.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. Some days I prefer to read Faulkner or Hemingway; other days I prefer to nestle in with some good genre fiction. There's no need to draw a distinction between "serious" literature and more pedestrian writers like Stephen King. Both have their place, and both can serve you well in your literary journey.

And in an age where people are barely reading at all, attacking people for reading the "wrong" kind of fiction is laughably idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU