Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Another rousing New Labour success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

End of the summer fudge release!

Howdy fudge-fans!

Well the bank holidays are done, September starts tomorrow, the kids are back to school soon and we have nothing but waning days and worsening weather to look forwards to for the next few months. So why not cheer yourself the gently caress up with some delicious fudge? You know it makes sense!

We've got 23 varieties on sale at the moment, including several brand new creations and the return of several old favourites that haven't been around yet this year. So fill your boots and lay in some supplies against the approaching autumn!

Current Fudge Flavours

* Original Vanilla
* Unicorn Barf
* Rum and Raisin
* Cherry Amaretto
(Back after a long absence!)
* Malted Milk Ball
* Chai Latte
* Cafe Americano
* Chocolate Honeycomb
* Irish Cream
* Whisky and Candied Ginger
* Cheesecake
* Strawberry Milkshake
* Milk Chocolate
(Now made with 45% cocoa mass Grenadian Milk Chocolate)
* Banana
(Brand new flavour! Banana fudge with organic banana chips within to give a delicious crunch)
* Chilli Lime
* Pistachio
* Eton Mess
* Oranges and Lemons
* Toffee Apple
* Maple Pecan
* Chocolate Chip Cookie
* Fish Phood
* Red Velvet
(Brand new! Our first two-tone fudge; the bottom layer is delicious Red Velvet Cake flavour, the top is Cream Cheese flavour)

All stock is live at https://www.fudjit.co.uk and costs £4.00+P&P per 100g bar. And as always, use the UKMT special discount code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get 5-for-4 at checkout!

Get fudged!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol this guy FOIAed about this very issue in May and got told to gently caress off because environmental regulations donchaknow https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/number_and_location_of_schools_a

If you check further down he's reopened the FOIA as of today due to them clearly being full of poo poo.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

quote:

This is a lightweight 'bubbly' form of concrete used widely between the 1950s and mid-1990s - usually in the form of panels on flat roofs, as well as occasionally in pitched roofs, floors and walls. It has a lifespan of around 30 years.

Who could possibly have foreseen this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sounds like building things out of aerated concrete is a bad idea. Good thing nobody here has based their entire build around them!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sounds like building things out of aerated concrete is a bad idea. Good thing nobody here has based their entire build around them!

Misread this as aerated chocolate, but luckily my house in the woods is mostly made out of good traditional gingerbread and the wispas are just for decoration

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

Misread this as aerated chocolate
Local Authority contractors in the late 20th c:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVjeu8QKWYQ

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

domhal posted:

Who could possibly have foreseen this.

Isn't that when roughly most PFI contracts ended too?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Bobby Deluxe posted:

when does the 30 years start?

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Too bad there wasn't a period of say, six weeks or so, where the schools were going to be closed anyway and the repairs could have been carried out without any disruption and saved everyone a big last minute scramble, but alas.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Or when they were closed for an extended period a couple of years ago, given that there was a 30 year warning.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Soon: Starmer promises a massive investment to fix British schools

A month thereafter: No.

Two years later: Ultra PFI used to build schools out of tile backer board and food waste.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nadine serving up a new spicy final chapter for her magnum opus. I fully expect an Edwina Currie style admission that she shagged Johnson

https://twitter.com/josh_self_/status/1697201140717269024?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

smellmycheese posted:

Nadine serving up a new spicy final chapter for her magnum opus. I fully expect an Edwina Currie style admission that she shagged Johnson

https://twitter.com/josh_self_/status/1697201140717269024?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

gently caress, I'd arranged several days off work to read it. Now I'll have to rearrange!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yes give the kids guns, hopefully it'll backfire. Literally.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Reminds me of that tweet about how people who know tech only from the consumer side have houses kitted out with networked smart appliances so their toaster can tell the fridge to order more bread; and people who work in tech MAYBE have their printer connected to the wifi, but also keep a loaded gun next to it incase it makes an unexpected noise.
Last time a friend asked me to fix their printer it turned out nothing was wrong, they just owed 98p on their cancelled 'ink subscription' so the printer had locked the ability to print at all until payment was made. I havent really used a printer for decades i didnt realise things had gotten so dystopian. I thought the stuff theye were doing to prevent refilling the cartridges was bad enough but now they can charge you on a per page basis to print in your own home.

I wanted to throw the thing out the window lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mr Phillby posted:

Last time a friend asked me to fix their printer it turned out nothing was wrong, they just owed 98p on their cancelled 'ink subscription' so the printer had locked the ability to print at all until payment was made. I havent really used a printer for decades i didnt realise things had gotten so dystopian. I thought the stuff theye were doing to prevent refilling the cartridges was bad enough but now they can charge you on a per page basis to print in your own home.

The problem is if you sign up for ink subscription, seems impossible to get out of those without stopping your printer working.
If you don't sign up for one of those, you're ok. You just need to find a decent quality 'compatible' ink otherwise you're in for a liquid more expensive than Chanel No. 5 for 'genuine'. Sadly, I have found a lot of the supposedly compatibles are just so crappy. Plus there are these chips on the cartridges that guess how full your cartridge is but if you put a compatible in, then more often than not they constantly report 'ink out'.
I have a small b&w laser printer for when I'm doing print runs for circulating round all the flats. I've found the compatible cartridges for the one I have are fine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Diet Crack posted:

Yes give the kids guns, hopefully it'll backfire. Literally.

You want children to be harmed by misfiring guns?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You want children to be harmed by misfiring guns?

So much for the tolerant left!!!!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

At least Edwina got to do the pegging. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mr Phillby posted:

I went through three printers because buying a new one was cheaper than buying a refill.

My life has been happier since i bought a laser printer instead.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I pay 99p per month for the privilege of printing a maximum of 10 pages. I hate it

I nick the paper from work, at least. The only reason we have the printer is in case we urgently need to print something when I'm not at the office to just print it there

But still, I hate it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I mostly hate it because it took 3 hours to sign up an hp account, install the app on my phone, connect it to the WiFi, and discover my desktop was too old to install the app so I have to email PDFs to myself and print them from my phone :argh: just end me now you fucker!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
My wife bought it fyi

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I've worked places with big printers that were subscribed to rather than bought because you get all the servicing and consumables and instead of paying 10 grand up front you just get X pages a month depending on plan.

I suppose it was only a matter of time until someone tried that model with home printers regardless of necessity.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I will say though, it's good fun to cause my printer to print a dickbutt while I'm at the office and my wife is WFH and then wait for the inevitableq "the printer just did something loving weird" WhatsApp message :laugh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pioneering my new moneymaking scheme, subscription as a subscription as a service.

You pay me a monthly fee and I make someone pay a monthly fee and pass on some of the profit to you.

Hang on that's just being the person on the end of the line when you call HP customer support.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I think the chip thing has been a solved issue for a while now. All the cheap cartridges I buy from Amazon get recognised as genuine by the printer itself now.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Well look who it is. Everyone’s favourite briefcase twat thinks the kids should be pressganged into the army.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Pioneering my new moneymaking scheme, subscription as a subscription as a service.

You pay me a monthly fee and I make someone pay a monthly fee and pass on some of the profit to you.

I think you are just describing a ponzi scheme but if you give it a silly name you can probably get millions in VC funding.

smellmycheese posted:

Well look who it is. Everyone’s favourite briefcase twat thinks the kids should be pressganged into the army.

You know what will improve job prospects? Conscripting teenagers to do the work on state enforced pittances.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
really miss my old samsung laser printer, fucker was cheap to run and never failed me once till it died after like 12 years

keeping a piece of poo poo hp deskjet alive right now for the dozen or so things I print a year, it's at the point I have to poke the paper just right as it goes through for it to feed correctly but gently caress buying anything new when I print so little

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mr Phillby posted:

Last time a friend asked me to fix their printer it turned out nothing was wrong, they just owed 98p on their cancelled 'ink subscription' so the printer had locked the ability to print at all until payment was made.
drat, and you carried it all that way for her...

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Printers are loving cunts and my Canon one decided to forget how to join the wifi then refused to ever learn again. So I bought a long USB cable to go all the way across the room when I want to use it.

I won.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Printer chat is always fun but it is a solved issue. Buy the cheapest Brother laser b&w printer you can get hold of. Hook it up and relax

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

Alternative idea: allow everyone under 35 to kick a Young Tory in the cock/oval office one time. The least the psychos deserve and it'll boost morale for everyone else. My only regret is I'm too old to qualify for my free punt to Seb Payne's genitals

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Reminds me of one of the tech tickets we got in my old place.
Couldn't connect anything to router on wifi, was on and off, spotty as hell.
Turned out the router was on top of a washing machine, and had a dryer and microwave in the same room between it and the computer it was trying to connect to.
Moved router away from the interference black holes, and it worked.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

forkboy84 posted:

Alternative idea: allow everyone under 35 to kick a Young Tory in the cock/oval office one time. The least the psychos deserve and it'll boost morale for everyone else. My only regret is I'm too old to qualify for my free punt to Seb Payne's genitals

Imagine Seb Payne being forced into the army at 16. He’d have been relentlessly bullied in a way that makes Lord of the Flies look tame

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Printer chat is always fun but it is a solved issue. Buy the cheapest Brother laser b&w printer you can get hold of. Hook it up and relax

:emptyquote:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OzyMandrill posted:

I think the chip thing has been a solved issue for a while now. All the cheap cartridges I buy from Amazon get recognised as genuine by the printer itself now.

What brand, I'm still getting that message and I last bought new ones just a couple of month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Reminds me of one of the tech tickets we got in my old place.
Couldn't connect anything to router on wifi, was on and off, spotty as hell.
Turned out the router was on top of a washing machine, and had a dryer and microwave in the same room between it and the computer it was trying to connect to.
Moved router away from the interference black holes, and it worked.
I had to use wifi when WFH started, eventually just wired the upstairs instead.

It's fine for phone and TV streaming, but trying to move large files over it was terrible