Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RIP Scotpol, died with covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's true, extremists that the UK state allows to train abroad will never return to the UK and commit atrocities here.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Mega Comrade posted:

The Star of David on a pig is a little :chloe:

Went to look up the picture of this:

apparently it's from an earlier tour in 2013 and isn't being used now. Just seems to be part of a general collage of 20th-century conspiratorial imagery.

e: also the heat does seem to be getting to some labour mps already

https://twitter.com/stellacreasy/status/1667473584350961664

josh04 fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 10, 2023

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

forkboy84 posted:

People assure me that Seinfeld gets much better after the first 2 seasons but it'd have to, because Jerry Seinfeld doing stand-up at the beginning of episodes is the dirt worst. Observational comedy that makes Peter Kay bellowing about garlic bread seem like high art.

"You ever notice how men, men are all from MARS? But women - WOMEN are from VENUS!" rinse repeat

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Poundland had a whole lot of Legally Blonde branded stuff the other week, which was equally baffling in a "why now?" way

There was a musical adaptation fairly recently I think.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

smellmycheese posted:

Gazing on the desolate majesty of The Titanic while curling out a morning steamer

A Seabed Loafer.

I got to see one of the imaging teams at NASA using a gamer joystick to track the launch on camera.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Payndz posted:

None of this could possibly be a group of kids taking the piss out of their gullible dumb-as-poo poo reactionary teachers, of course.

It's not even that, it's "Winterval" levels of make-it-up-and-say-yes-but-what-if

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've also noticed that Twitter has become flooded with really lovely, low quality adverts. Musk scrambling for revenue from whatever sources he can find, I guess.

It keeps recommending me a mail-order telescoping baton which I'm pretty sure is illegal to even own in the UK.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

CWS is mid-2000s photoshop threads for people who weren't there the first time round. And I think that's good and fine, even if my only ever thought on seeing them is "where's the goatman?"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/MikeGapes/status/1674739925684568064

The brass balls of the man.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I assume by "therapists" Sunak means the broad category of people who don't get to call themselves doctors, so chiropractors, osteopaths, homeopaths, crystal healers will be able to do your filling.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Some good couplets in there

quote:

He explained: 'If it ever went to court I think they would be in contempt of court as the judge will be like, well he's asked you to prove these offences.

'They say it went to court but I had no record of this ever happening.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's the dark mirror to the Louise Mensch 'pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this' tweet.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Keith's on an absolute bender today.

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1676889526764027906

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Jel Shaker posted:

these look like students? so lol of course they’re instantly dehumanised into “climate protestor”

they're literally the backdrop to his speech about education reforms, who have been asked to stand there to make him look good.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

BBC had (and still have?) a bunch of freeview services for e.g. the Olympics which depend on running a fixed number of other video streams that you get switched between.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Key quote

quote:

“[Starmer] thanked him for his presentation, but said he wasn’t interested in hope and change"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Wonder if Paul Mason has contributed to any other diagrams about the relations between left groups recently?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The Question IRL posted:

But really, the idea of keeping the Tories in to get Labour to move leftwards, means you do get more pure-strain rabid Ymgarl Tories.

Keeping the tories in to drive Labour rightwards is what has happened though. When have the Tories ever been kept in by a leftist third option?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Dabir posted:

No. The owner is a Nazi and is constantly replying to other fascist morons and doing everything he can to make them happy, and his posts get boosted to as many people as possible. And the replies on anything with a reasonable amount of reach are clogged with the kind of people who are dumb or desperate enough to pay 8 bucks a month for the privilege, which also mostly means people with Concerns about the Jewish Question. His latest wheeze is directly paying tens of thousands of dollars to Nazis to bribe them to stay. It's a fash website and anyone still clinging on to it is either fash or in denial about their crippling addiction.

it's a bad website op but i don't think posting there means you've joined the brownshirts just imo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

forkboy84 posted:

Do any of you remember what TV channel Batman.The Animated Series aired on in this country back in the '90s? Because I was trying to work out earlier today why I never watched it as a kid and so I'm just assuming it was on Sky One or some other satellite channel. Cartoon Network maybe?

This blog post suggests ITV but only up until 1995.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

quote:

Asked is he could be a future prime minister, she replied: "Why not? Never say never...he's 25 and he's done all of this!"

ma'am your son is doing truly historic amounts of coke

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Mourning Due posted:

The whole ULEZ thing gives me a sad little LOL, as I've seen it in our local Bromley Facebook group first hand.

An admin asked, what's everyone's biggest concerns for the area, with a sidenote to not mention ULEZ as it's unproductive. I made the mistake of casually saying in my comment something to the effect of, most cars that get done for ULEZ likely won't pass their next MOT anyway, so who actually cares about it?

The amount of teeth gnashing and wailing I got in response, good grief. There were like 50 responses, most of them using my current least favourite word (tyranny), most of them calling Sadiq Khan a Nazi who wants to turn London Sharia, most of them saying it was a breach of their human rights, etc.

loving brainwashed pricks. To be fair, my car passes it so I don't give a poo poo, but if you're driving an old beater around anyway it should come off the road. The ULEZ doesn't go nearly far enough, but these fiends understand that the Overton Window is real and they push back on it with all their energy.

Utterly unhinged and deranged.

Thing is, there's only fifty of the fuckers total but they all have facebook accounts and poster printers. It's one of those things where once it comes in the controversy will go away entirely, so naturally labour want to have public agonies over it for the next year or so.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ronya posted:

Yeah but... why now in the particular, why not with any number of previous walkability and pedestrianization initiatives - it's not like the conspiratorial grift is new

It's a direct continuation of covid lockdown conspiracy theories about "controlling your movement". In the UK those people went to LTNs (and local to London, ULEZ expansion) and in the US they went to 15 minute cities, and because this is all done through intermingled Facebook groups we have people taking the bus in south london with their "15 minute cities" poster and somewhere in south carolina there's a guy outside city hall talking very loudly about londonistan.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Fun one on the local facebook group the other day actually, a grainy candid of a teen pissing on a 'memorial' tree (to an event, not a person). Half the replies frothing about the feral youth of today, the other half saying maybe banning all unaccompanied teens from the shopping centre (including toilets) might have been a bad idea.

ronya posted:

That answers "why now" but not "why that one"... there's a gazillion movement-related and public-health-surveillance-related and biosecurity-related local govt strategies and initiatives all the time

Luck of the draw, maybe

This NYT piece suggests that an anti-LTN protest in Oxford was put onto the idea by Oxford council's 2021 report on the concept and it spread from there.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

crispix posted:

what's weird is my mum told me that cat story but she'd been told it was a boy at a specific school in belfast

for whatever reason, there's nothing people love more than embellishing fw: fw: fw: stories with their own personal details

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

fbpe would have been a vote winner, simply look at the great boons it brought to the liberal democrats, the wet tories, the independent group - change uk, and jeremy corbyn's labour party. the four groups that dominate uk politics today.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

That's it! No fumes for a week, and go to your tent!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

What part of the building mysteriously catching fire, fire access roads being blocked by piles of gravel, and the remains of the property being bulldozed hours after the police announced an investigation tipped you off?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Standard of driving is pretty poor but it's better than the US, where it's considered entirely regular to lunge across the dividing space if you think you've missed your exit.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Every time 'Oxford Street' trends it's some video of a minor brawl outside a shop that exists exclusively to launder money and eight hundred replies from ChurchillLover1488 saying "this is what They have done to our proud civilisation".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Sherlock Holmes is all about dark secrets from the colonies, a subject that comes up in near every story.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There was a good while where we were getting articles about how particular Lords didn't want to move because they thought that once the tradition of hanging your sword in the de-robing room each morning was interrupted, no-one would want to restart it when they came back.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Skull Servant posted:

I trust Gibbo on this.

The Queen is dead, so who's to say he was ever wrong?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

disturbing new norman lore

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Scientastic posted:

The government should provide all citizens with a pewter tankard as soon as they hit 18, and you have to take it to the pub with you every time you go

left my pint in the sun, now i'm teetotal

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There's a council conspiracy to enforce 15 minute sissies

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Starmer tasked Wes Streeting with producing an exact clone of Johnny Mercer to run against him in Plymouth, but Streeting's classic buffoon-like antics caused him to slip on a banana peel and clone Rory Stewart instead.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

God, can the ULEZ expansion just come in already. All this hot air over an absolute footnote of a policy.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Five rings on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Mano posted:

is he gonna poo poo on the ship?

Yes, in the fashion of the Dave Matthews Band.