Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

If it continues until the 12th, the Orangemen will be neon red.

With a lot of sunscreen on them i'm sure they'll be orange all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Where's your Blitz Spirit now?!? :lol:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

I still stand by my belief that the EU is better off without us and our stupid island is rich enough to weather the consequences of leaving. I have to admit I didn't expect the Tories to go quite this balls to the wall.

Thanks for speeding up Irish reunification, will still be decades but it all adds up. :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, even Bellingcat (which is very pro-Ukrainian) is starting to put out threads going 'oh hey there sure are a lot of neo-Nazis at the core of these much-hyped military operations'.

One of the guys running the anti-Putin border insurgency, for instance, sells the Christchurch manifesto in his online store ands seems to be fighting Russia because he doesn't think it's racist enough.

He's a known RUSSIAN fascist, a lot of the russians are in that unit. :shrug:

Having them raiding their own country gives Ukraine a bit of stand off distance and stops those nut jobs from loving up on the main front lines.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nilbop posted:

(discretely pushes the Border Poll button)

(somewhere in rural Ulster, in a long abandoned station armed with bomb-proof walls and machine gun embrasures, a machine marked Taig Tracker slowly blinks to life)

N.I. solves it's energy woes by hooking up Rev Paisleys spinning corpse to a dynamo. :grin:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Camrath posted:

Oh gently caress, not Jay Foreman.. loving love his stuff.

Maps will never be the same again. :eng99:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Letting Gazprom form their own private army is a major step in "market based solutions to human rights"

From July all the little private armies have to pledge to the actual russian army, this will neuter Wagner Group quite a bit.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I found Frasier a likeable show, Seinfeld & Friends did nothing for me at all. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Angrymog posted:

I liked Drop the Dead Donkey. One of the clever things about it was how they had references to that week's news stories in it.

A scarily accurate programme for it's time.

Loved The fast Show... Scorchio!! is currently relevant atm. :sweatdrop: :sun:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Comedy chat and no one has yet mentioned the Fast Show? The Monty Python of the coked up 90s?

Of course i did. :colbert:

Scorchio!!!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

Please don't compare Boris to BS Johnson. BS at least managed to complete many projects, and his chief failing was an inability to comprehend scale.

A man of taste & dedication for sure.

Pterry. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Look for another job. Don't know precisely what you do but I know what it's like to be in a job that you hate almost from almost day 1. Total misery.

This, a thousand times over. :hmmyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Eh, not really. It depresses the appetite and makes you feel full, but not via nausea - that may be a side effect but it's not designed for it. Hopefully, it'll get approved for weight loss to help obese and production will expand so both groups can get the medicine they need.

No medical training at all but from what i read you get nausea at the start and when the dosage is upped then it settles down.

Complications are pancreatitis, bone loss and an increased chance of thyroid cancer, more work required on long term effects and once you stop taking the drug your appetite returns to what it was.

As an obese person i think i'll pass.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Lmao. This is how Lawrence Fox spent Fathers Day. Billie clearly keeping the kids well away

https://twitter.com/sarm0161/status/1670514751430881282?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

That bunting does not meet EU safety fire standa..... oh Brexit, what have you done? :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Did anyone ITT tell billionaires to get in the sea

Dyson? :pray:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Logitech can be trusted. For $250k per ticket they probably should have went with the £150 Xbox Elite controller though.

Love my Logitech G-13, but then i'm at sea level and no lives are at risk when i move the thumbstick. :kiddo:

It was a matter of ''when'' not ''if'' a clusterfuck would occur.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Any analysis of Scott’s trip to the Antarctic gives off very strong “upper class twit goon project” vibes

Using horses instead of dogs was a bit of an oopsie along with the way fuel differs at high altitudes compared to sea level. :byoscience:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Well this is a new twist on that horribly grim story I wasn't aware of.

Somebody who worked on it was a Goon, not the actual mad killer.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

In other good news…

Good!

Hope he gets well convicted.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Albinator posted:

I hope the thread will not mind me marking the passing of noted lefty historian - and also my dad - Willie Thompson. He wrote a book or two that some might be interested in (NB, if you see Google calling him a Northern Irish Unionist politician, that was some other fucker).

Condolences, sorry his name got mixed up with a gobshite of a politician from over here.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Why can't we identify as Attack Helicopters, like in the good old days? :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

"Debris" has been found in the search area, so yeah, they 100% imploded when their signal went dead. Hopefully it was quick, it's a horrible way to go.

My traffic accident wasn't terminal (obviously?) but i had enough time to think "oh bugger" and nothing else. :shrug:

Hope theirs was quicker at least.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yeah I was reading about different ways it could go if there was a breach in the vessel and it implodes apparently the pressure of the water at great depth will slice you in half. Apparently happened to a Russian submariner. Can't find link now.
Let alone that Byford Dolphin incident mentioned previously ITT.

Re the debris field. I assume they have detail on the preexisting field? I visited the Titanic expo in Belfast a couple of years ago and seemed well mapped.

You more or less get an implosion and an explosion due to pressure at the same time, don't think "sliced in half"... think "blender". :yikes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Prods next winter gazing wistfully at the south glowing gently in the winter snows…

They save all the pallets for the Glorious 12th of December. :grin:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Miftan posted:

I play the female option in video games 90% of the time because they always have the much better wardrobe options (just like real life), and playing dress up is the secret endgame of every video game that has a wardrobe option.

I play the female option in video games as i don't want to stare a man's backside all day. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Transphobia so thoroughly rots your brain that it's got Dick Dorkins siding with the creationists.

https://twitter.com/2damntrans/status/1671811263649783809

He's turned into a gobshite, another decent intelect gone forever. :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

cat botherer posted:

:wrong:, he was never a decent intellectual

I meant in respect to his actual work and of course... memes. :getin:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dabir posted:

Yeah see I recognise Putin and Boris, I think that's dommy cums on the right, the rest are a complete mystery to me and that guy with the phone seems like he'd be important at the very least

Lord Russian Son of KGB/FSB. :ussr: :monocle:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Nice example for whoever it was that was asking about the “this is fine” meme the other day

Wouldn't call it fine, i would call it normal for France.

-----

Saw the boys' mother speaking, just the two of them going through the world and then this comes along and destroys it all. :(

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Jamie Oliver has made entire TV series out of eating the earholes and arseholes of animals. As long as it’s something that’s been prepared by a telegenic rustic peasant in a sunlit dappled Tuscan village then it’s all good.

I always preferred Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall anyways. :discourse:

edit: Last week i got Lidl branded deluxe black/white puddings that were made in Ireland, such a sublime concoction that put Denny or Dochertys to shame.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 5, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

He's a huge oval office when the cameras aren't rolling, according to friends who've worked with him.

I guess that's what you get with Etonian taught spawn from landed gentry.

Fair enough, i was hopeful but colour me unsurprised . :gbsmith:

I do hope Ray Mears isn't the same.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

big scary monsters posted:

I'd suggest she read/watch Dune, but I suppose that's technically the story of a boy becoming a man becoming a god becoming a genetic memory of his son becoming a huge psychic worm.

It's about politics, ecology and the perils of following messianic leaders, plus worms... and weird sex(books 5 & 6).

Avoid the books written by his son but do watch the movie by Denis Villeneuve. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Heard this being discussed on Radio Ulster this morning. Basically it’s because the orange order are now all decrepit old gits who can barely walk 100 metres unaided. And the only thing the youth care about on the 11th / 12th is burning things and getting shitfaced. Fantastic culture

It just takes time. :kiddo:

And if the drug importers can't fund the bonfires any more then that's another thing.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Payndz posted:

I stayed with a relative overnight and this morning saw live TV for the first time in years. It was whatever the BBC's breakfast show is called, but I had to ask her "Is this ITV?" (Yes, I'm An Old and still think of ITV as the trashy downmarket channel.)

It had a story on the Liverpool woman who was randomly shot and killed by some shithead with a submachine gun, which is an objectively terrible thing. But the way it was presented was a cross between Simon Bates' Our Tune and the worst of Damian 'film a prop teddy bear in the wreckage' Day from Drop The Dead Donkey. Basically "let's get the family to pour their hearts out so we can selectively edit it for some good quotes", while taking them to Greece to 'revisit their last holiday together' - oh, and let's show a censored version of the CCTV footage of the shooting shown at the trial for the death-wankers. All with, like I said, Our Tune-style music in the background. It was both ghoulish and mawkish at the same time, and was immediately followed by chirpy presenters being happy and hyper about some loving trivial thing. Absolutely awful.

So glad I don't need a TV licence any more, because I'd be pissed off about paying for that poo poo.

Was getting my car serviced last week and while waiting a few hours i had to endure exactly the same, lucky i brought a kindle along to distract me.

The Simon Bates vibe is real, it's alive... and it's loving horrible! :barf:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

I'm reminded of the scene in Babylon 5 where Morden asks Vir what he wants. Vir, who was in the main considered to be a jellyfish and far too nice to be in politics, replies that he wanted to live long enough to see Morden executed and his head placed on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations. This was shocking enough even before it later came out that the Centauri practice execution by vivisection and so Vir was basically saying "I want you to be tortured to death and I want to watch".

I think this is the position a lot of people are in with Osborne and the Tories. They are not evil, but the Tories are unspeakable monsters. And while as per Nietzsche we must take care not to become monsters ourselves in fighting them, you can only gaze into the abyss for so long.

I hope that my wish for the Toriy leadership ( :guillotine: ) comes true, as it did for Vir. :allears:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Tell you who I am feeling sorry for - and that's all the people who have the same name as the Chief Suspect in the BBC scandal.
I know one and I just looked on FB and there are loads of them. Probably about to have their FBs targeted by numskulls.

Enlighten me as to who it is... Sunday is boring... i probably won't know wtf it is any way. :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've decided not to name him (I redacted my earlier posts but can't redact where I've been quoted) because it might not be him at all.

No worries, twas requested due to boredom, not intense interest. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Gerry Adams hired to voice over all those parts.

I'm not supposed to be laughing out this loudly at six in the morning... but here i am. :roflolmao:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Not naming names like a coward just because R--*sees legal letter fly out the letterbox* uhhhhhhh Ronald Reagan was a piece of poo poo.

A lot of missing letters there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Other than the Sun lining up for a financial beating (nice) i have little interest in the story. :shrug: