Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I'm jealous of travellers because they can just hit da bricks whereas we are all stuck in our cubes. And when the waters come for us, they can modify their homes to float while we will have to build tunnels between air pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

I'm gonna come poo poo up the thread and call people cunts and if you call me out on my prejudice then it's your fault that I'm voting for Tories next election

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

If those views are left unchallenged it means:

A. People won't learn that it's just a horrible thing to think in general, let alone discuss like it's normal. 'I know a lot of these people, and they do a lot of crime!' becomes 'Well statistically they are predisposed to crime' becomes 'We should do something about the crime people'

B. It will attract other people who think similar and believe it's an acceptable topic to talk about, making it harder to stamp out in future

And apart from it just being wrong, it shows that there's something very unpleasant lurking in the person who believes it. And if there is, why would people want to talk to you. It's not hard to understand why even if you're not affected you should care.

Maximum Pepsi posted:

I try when I post y'know.

You do?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

fuctifino posted:

Over 100 schools are affected

Are we not at the point where all schools are just portakabin slums in the playgrounds of the now unusable schools anyway?