Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

It's now the Irish politics thread, that's getting the posts, no joke Jack.

I want him and zizek to have a fight, or a contest to see who can scarf it down faster. Or one followed by the other.

zizek would win both, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really do enjoy the trend of unbelievably yoked wizards.

Bring your spell book to leg day energy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's been hovering about 12 up here, bit annoying really as it's my week off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

love to bring home maidens so i can take half my robe off and summon imps while their knight boyfriend and my crow watches

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"how much could you literally squeeze out of rich people using a big hydraulic press to ensure good conditions for everybody?"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The council is the local government authority which usually encompasses a city, but I think in london they have several for different parts of the city because it's a big, densely populated place. Up here we have more like a county scale because there's fewer people living in each settlement.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How the gently caress do they have gig economy track workers? Surely you need actual loving training to work on a rail line?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not feel it necessary or helpful to defend media creeps out of some wider LGBT solidarity, nor to be honest do I want to be particular associated with them by way of that idea.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It unfortunately would not, but I agree that it should.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not really seeing how we get from gay people thinking they're going to abuse children to it being necessary to accept weird technically-legal relationships like this?

I don't think we should do either of them for exactly the same reason in each case.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe in the UK if the characters are underage it is still illegal, and it's been that way for quite a while.

I don't know what the offence is specifically, possibly one of the obscenity ones, I dunno. But I'm sure I remember a long time ago hearing that the UK considers it illegal but the US I think does not. It presumably varies by where you are in the world.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Bart Simpson is 46 years old.

I mean yeah I don't know, or really want to know, how they decide on the age of fictional characters.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's funny I went out today to get some PPE for my new job which the company is paying for, so hopefully they take it seriously, got some very nice S3 boots out of it. Certainly makes a change from my last job where I had to buy my own equipment.

It just seems baffling that what I assume is pretty skilled labour would also go with the disposable labour model. Surely you just end up with people effectively working full time anyway or being incredibly poo poo at the job. Though I suppose "functionally doing a full time job with none of the benefits" is the other side of gig economy bullshit from the one I was on.

E: on a related note actually, does anyone know if you can get, like, XL hard hat suspensions? The one I have just barely fits on my gigantic head but I'd like one that goes under my occipital bone a bit better so I can ratchet it on properly.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 2, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Considering how AI generates the finer details of human physiology it would lend a lot of credence to the suggestion that the subject is a 10,000 year old demon.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We may not have physically been there but emotionally and spiritually we are living in the trenches.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is a lot like the blitz, if you think about it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

Day 10 of searing heat here in Northern Ireland and a majority of the population have now transitioned from blue, through white, to bright pink.

This is how unionism happens.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That has, I think, got significantly worse since musk took over and a lot of the leftier people exited the platform and he started using the system to push more right wing stuff.

To think that he's probably the best thing to ever happen to @jack's reputation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Heat pumps are just a useful technology though, and a technology we already use in things like fridges, it's like Ug writing screeds against Og for inventing the round wheel when there's nothing loving wrong with our square ones.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also even if their reasons at the time were not explicity just racism I don't have very much faith in the upstanding moral character of people who take refuge in the kind of nostalgia the brexit brigade were pushing.

If nigel farage standing in front of a billboard full of a line of people saying "this is all the immigrants and we have to keep them out" didn't put you off then there's something wrong with you whether or not at the time you were a dyed in the wool EDL member.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps people who have money are also bad at thinking about saving it. My parents constantly whine about how expensive things are but they also spend stupid amounts of money renovating things in the house that don't need renovating but have at no point considered improving the windows, puting solar panels on, new boiler etc. They could afford it easily but apparently just don't think about it. Just mindless consumption of stupid poo poo and watching house flipping programs that give them more stupid loving ideas.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not want to 👀 at nigel's twitter space he can keep that covered in public thank you very much.

Actually that whole thing reads too much like an onlyfans.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's possible he's one of the people that just have it anyway because twitter is broken.

He does also have a pretty massive twitter following so maybe he just thinks it's useful.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have noticed the panels seem to cluster when I see them about so yeah I would buy that neighbours chat about them and that helps more people adopt them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That presumes that big dumb racist is something people are in their hearts rather than what they do with the slightest provocation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is possible to simultaneously think the EU is bad but also not trust the vast majority of other people who thought that at the time of the referendum, and who subsequently voted conservative over it, because they probably thought it for extremely stupid reasons.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sunak standing on the beach pointing his hands out and using his psychic powers to defend britane from terrifying small boats

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

you say you want to stop the boats and yet you yourself are on a boat, curious

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

He was sentenced to execution by spooks and that happened so

he was in prison until he died

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If we're doing ideal days just make it 5am for eternity. No work, always nice weather.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why is it that women can fight clad only in a pointy bra, g-string and high-heeled, thigh-high leather boots while men need all that armour. Same on cop shows on tv, or the women are sometimes allowed a sleeveless, strappy vest over the pointy bra (but only if they are female physicists eg Dr Christmas Jones)

The warhammer lot do at least kind of even the playing field.

So you get dominatrix nuns in titty armour but it's still roughly the amount of protection on most tanks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unfortunately yes also there is a general catwalk strut ambiance about the entire faction, art wise. Lots of posing with one leg up on an obstacle, rock, or dead heretic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In fairness we've seen what happens if they don't spring for the printers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Unfortunate because they're competing with the Dark Eldar for the 'spooky, sexy BDSM torturer' faction crown, and that's a losing battle for anyone.

dark eldar are just loving weirdos though, sororitas will just incinerate you as soon as look at you which is far more wholesome.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did the actually make the blood ravens a big important chapter? I do like them simply because they appear to spend most of their time stealing incredibly valuable artefacts from other chapters.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was quite enjoying reading all the posts in order as being on the same general topic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Could save a lot of money by buying a poll axe instead.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

Wait, is that normal for a council? To invest in things? I'm just realising now I haven't thought about how councils get all their money.

I think this is what they call "running the country like a business"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Historically if the government takes out private loans and doesn't want to pay them back the solution was to kill and/or expel the people who lent them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Congrats on st francis% speedrun.