Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Clarence posted:

Has Johnson resigned because he thinks he was in danger of being suspended from Parliament, potentially leading to a by-election?

Yes his suspension would make a recall petition possible which would almost certainly succeed, so it's very much a 'jump before you're pushed' situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Guavanaut posted:

"You're gonna need a bigot boat"

He criticizes boats but he himself is using a boat!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

please don't steal the name of my punk band

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jakabite posted:

It’s like how Sauron is more evil but you definitely hate Denethor more.

Hold on what? Denethor is a man driven to madness by fake news and grief for his son, and is generally right about Gandalf's plans and the way things are going. Meanwhile Sauron has literal armies of slaves, tortures people to death and wants to conquer the world

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Leave it to this thread to side with an elitist wizard and literal royalty over a working class steward :colbert: #gondorneedsnoking

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pistol_Pete posted:

The BBC is just so bad at handling this stuff, it's especially odd when you consider that they're a media organisation themselves and should understand the importance of a clear and open communications strategy. Now they look like bumbling incompetents (again) AND like they're actively hiding stuff (again).

It's especially strange since they have so much experience dealing with nonces

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Maybe he's posing for a custom sex arse

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kin posted:

Once upon a time there'd have been a public outcry about that sort of thing :/

In other news: New human alert.

Born Friday, she's just under 9lbs.

Compared to my first kid she's super peaceful and content, easily settled, fed and doesn't spit up loads. So hopefully that lasts.

She was super easy her first night here, unlike my 19 month old demon son who was up again last night from 12 to 4am demanding attention from mum.

Congrats on the new minigoon :3:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My uncle went to Turkey and when he came back they had fixed his eyes with something called a :airquote: laser :airquote:

it's a mad world out there

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kingturnip posted:

I'm relishing Starmer and Labour getting a kicking next year, but one of the things I'm looking forward to the most is Rosie Duffield losing her seat.
Merely a shame it can't happen to every TERF MP out there.

I'm genuinely not sure that Labour will actually get a kicking, most people are probably happily (or at best reluctantly) voting for them over the tories.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

keep punching joe posted:

More schools is also a solution, so kids can you know walk to them from their house. Rather than the trend in recent years of closing smaller secondaries and merging them into big mega campuses.

This also plays a role, same with nurseries. There is one within walking distance but we've been on their waiting list since October so driving to another nursery it is.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lt. Danger posted:

I thought the specific problem was that councils often didn't provide actual services (e.g. waste collection) to Traveller communities because waste of money/wanting to be deliberately unwelcoming

It's probably that though I wonder if it's also that temporary waste collection somewhere doesn't neatly fit into the council's (outsourced) waste collection system and so it becomes a lot of effort, people can't be arsed and by the time everybody got the paperwork sorted they'll already have left anyway

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just wanted to say I appreciate that non-Euclidian Doom video

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DesperateDan posted:

going over a month now, but I'm sure the lovely temporary repair jobs they are doing to the potholes won't be hosed up already again by spring

By spring? Must be nice living in a council with money to spare

Here the govt appointed three commissioners to run the council's finances but what I didn't realize was that the council has to pay them 1k/day each for 150 days per year, for five years lmao

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Big projects were very stop and start, with managers literally dying of old age and perhaps replaced by their descendants. Sometimes construction would pause for years at a time.

But enough about HS2 and Heathrow expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Re: the cloud - also keep in mind that the major cloud providers will happily block you from all their services if they think you've done something wrong. No they won't tell you what that is. No you can't get your files back, better hope you still have a local copy.