Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DPD have done a pride month theme for their app so all the buttons are rainbows and the van is a unicorn

They’ve also only got ~9 minutes to get over the bridge with my parcel I paid especially to get before 10:30 because I’ve got poo poo to do, so this is a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Angrymog posted:

Did the DPD unicorn make it in time?

It did not. Only 50 minutes late but better than the last few ‘drive past the house and take a photo out the van window to say we tried’ deliveries I’ve had from them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alternatively they give it to people who have legitimate reasons for being unable to work and then shout about how it didn’t make those feckless workshy cunts any more productive and this is why nobody should get anything

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He was sentenced to execution by spooks and that happened so

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wouldn’t wanna stay in central London either

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You’d have to go really hard on the Pringles to get your moneys worth in 90 minutes, I don’t even wanna think about how many space raiders you could get for £13

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re not robots they’re giant people in giant armour

:goonsay:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The spice girls, specifically

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Overcompensation

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gripweed posted:

he’s been in absolute agony the whole time he’s been on the Throne.

Needs to eat more fibre

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Can’t get buried in an official Aerosmith coffin whereas Kiss had a whole range of merchandise for dead people, giving them a much broader appeal.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

If KISS are so great where's their mid-90s light gun game :colbert:

They had an FPS instead

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss:_Psycho_Circus:_The_Nightmare_Child

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only if that training and those resources somehow travelled through time to 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

They have like 4 really fun songs and the rest is just brutally poo poo

It’s a total numbers game, when you’ve been making records constantly for nearly 50 years you’ll probably have done a couple of good songs even by accident.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All I remember about that show is the lad who was the centre of the second series ended up killing himself in his 20s :smith:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sadiq Khan sold off London’s share of the warm weather

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Could be both

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve only had Wendy’s in Tokyo of all places, it was Alright.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You never know, there are plenty of “our family came here the right way” cunts out there as well, having immigration in your heritage doesn’t make you immune to being a poo poo about immigrants.

Still, ghoulish and gently caress that guy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There is the entire arc with one of Chandler's parents, it's transphobic as gently caress.

Yeah but a single transphobic character arc that comes up in a few episodes isn’t the same as a constant stream of transphobic/problematic dating storylines like the question asked.

There was way more homophobia with people repeatedly assuming chandler was gay for comedic effect and that episode where two of the guys found out they liked spooning together.

Show has aged terribly but some of it is probably still acceptably funny, they weren’t all punching down jokes.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 14, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Black Mirror isn’t supposed to be funny except for like a small handful of black comedy moments sprinkled through the whole thing

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

About to blow your mind right out of your head when you find out how much of TV and Film America is actually Canada

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I left one of those “90% sat with my thumb up my rear end 10% white knuckle all hands on deck to deal with the big lovely fan action” jobs last year for a big payrise and it turned out that not only was the new company awful and expected me to treat the people I was managing like poo poo, but also that I really hate having to do work more than 10% of the time even for significantly more money than I was getting before.

Luckily my old job wanted me back so I went back for slightly more money than I’d left on, and then a few months after I left the new company lost the contract for the job I’d been hired to oversee (because they were a bunch of horrible cunts) and it turned out I’d dodged a bullet.

The lesson is find a job doing as close to gently caress all as you can for as much money as you can get and then never upset the apple cart.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How does doing the same thing in an office prevent this

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s the same wegovy/ozempic poo poo everyone is pitching

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’d probably give it a try myself now that I’m old and falling apart and dieting just doesn’t do poo poo in the face of the passing of time, but I’m terrified of needles so when the alternative is having to stab myself every day I’ll just stick to falling apart.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You won’t find a VHS player anywhere outside a second hand unit, they haven’t manufactured new VHS anything since the mid 2010s

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ads on subscription tv have always been a bit of a piss take tbh

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MyCrimes.txt never seems to stick so I dunno if MyCrimes.mp4 is gonna do much better

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Even if they started an actual factual public energy company wouldn’t they be bound by the same generator licensing bullshit that lets them rip us off forces the poor innocent existing companies to have to charge the highest price possible regardless of how cheap the original generating method was

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol it won’t be any better if labour win we just have two right wing shithouse parties now

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No that’s presumably the guy who wrote the “this sub is a cobbled together piece of poo poo” article everyone is quoting

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The bit that gets me is there only seems to be a window on the toilet end, so unless you’re using the facilities you’re only going to be seeing everything through a camera, in which case why the gently caress go down there at all just send a camera

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Have ‘explorers’ always just been idle rich cunts looking for something to do or is that just how it works in the modern era

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The worst part is even if it bobbed back up to the surface and washed up on an island somewhere and there’s even one of those emergency phones you see on the motorway right there on the beach next to a fully stocked and fitted holiday villa with flushing toilet, they’re going to die inside the stupid thing because it’s bolted shut from the outside

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They play all their FPS IRL

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but it uploads them to a nebulous phantom zone that may or may not get purged at any time due to imgur’s whims since it isn’t linked to an account.

I don’t give a poo poo personally because nothing so important it couldn’t afford to be lost forever has ever been put on the internet by me but ymmv.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jedit posted:

I still have the button and I'm on the most recent version. I even used it to upload this:

That’s the android app, the iOS one removed it since imgur is threatening to purge all images not linked to a specific account anyway so it was on borrowed time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Badgering is already a verb so it’s for the best that didn’t catch on tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is cash cab still on

I’d rather have a go in the cash cab