Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

sinky posted:

Another bojo pal gone :lol:

This is worrying. Nigel Adams pre-dates Bojo's meteoric arc by a long time and represents a constituency that would vote for a fox if it wore a blue rosette.
Why are all the rats leaving? What do they know that we don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Facebook adverts are quite open to training input, if that's a platform you still use. Every time I saw an awful outdoor gear kickstarter I clicked on it.
Now it's like an eager spaniel bringing me such abominations as the all-terrain bain-marie, the wifi poncho or this magnificent defiance of practicality https://briping.com/.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
You can create a points based system for whether a massive car is functional or ego and deal with the tyres accordingly.
More than 5 years old (+1 point)
Cab filled with items and filthy (+1 point)
Obvious signs of off road use (+1 point)
Damage, repaired with tape (+1 point)
Something fixed to the roof rack or in the bed (+1 point)
Low profile tyres (-5 points)
Lowered suspension (-5 points)
Gold paint (-5 points)
Thule topbox fixed over the bed rendering it inaccessible (-100 points)
Luxury aftermarket tune-up (-1000 points)
Those stupid loving saddlebags on the outside of the windows at the back of the new discoverys that look like they're made to hold 15 tins of baked beans (guillotine)

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

smellmycheese posted:

Congratulations to posters Guavanaut and Betjamen!!!!!

Yeah hooray inflation is down to only 7.9% so you're now getting poorer more slowly than before.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Is anything good going on out there in my partial homeland anymore?

Silverdale is quite nice. It says something about the quality of other things going on that brits draw most of their pleasure from natural landscapes devoid of humans, especially our own kind. It's only a matter of time before we go full Highlander, just so the last Brit can enjoy the view without some other fucker ruining it.
Also the music festival scene is pretty good. Possibly this is me myopically thinking the only US music festivals are SXSW, coachella and the one with the clowns. Are there others?

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
That new guy they got from Deloitte seems really good at sniffing out cocaine.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

Presumably whatever the gently caress they're doing at the port, lots of dredging going on which is also loving up the marine life.

Something to do with this probably. https://uk.angloamerican.com/the-woodsmith-project
New deep water berth on the Tees, plus the shaft near Robin Hoods Bay and a couple of TBMs inching along beneath the North York Moors.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not making any certain claims of innocence, it's well within probability that there was enough criminal evidence to convict based on that alone, it's more that getting a bunch of people in to state pet theories and discredited notions as expert testimony and having no outside method of addressing that on its claims of general (rather than case specific) fact is far from ideal.

That wouldn't pass a masters dissertation presentation, yet it can be used to sway a jury who can't verify it independently. And it's not like it hasn't been used in the past to wrongfully convict.

As I last understood it, there's no requirement to meet any level of expertise to be an expert witness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
They tend to end up accidentally shooting themselves in the head twice though.
Bit of a deep cut there.