Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
nearly a whole month early this time

dire consequences if you don't honour and obey the solstice imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

Shredded 80s fantasy art men break into your house and shout at your glassware?

I said "dire consequences", not "my barely concealed fetish"

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It was chilly yesterday

was like that in the morning here but then around noon the sun came out and then there were bees

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

if you have 4/5G most phones will plug into a laptop and let you use it like a wifi hotspot thing, or just use the wifi hotspot feature

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

leave campaign was simple- vote to leave. there were a few factions within (and almost all of them were racist as gently caress) but the mechanism was the same, point out problems with the eu both extant and imaginary that have been tabloid tropes for decades- they had a motivated core voting base before the campaign even opened

remain campaign was running around largely trying to debunk the other side while making out that the eu was great actually, but the group of tryhards was tiny compared with leave's- they never gained the initiative and they never really tried to appeal to those who weren't too keen on the eu but also were wary of leave- even being seven, seven and a half out of ten wasn't enough for them

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

do neither linger nor tarry in the face of ongoing nuclear reactions imo

also remember the second part to the hydration puzzle that people neglect which is you gotta piss more often too, extra water won't do you any good if all it's doing is making your back teeth float

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why is London less affected? Isn't that the opposite of the urban heat island effect? Might be missing something v obvious

It's a heat trap but it hasn't been heated up much yet- need some consistent heat to manage that, and this year has been fairly tame so far

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

when my neighbours place decided to become very much on fire it was shelter that helped him out

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

rocket_Magnet posted:

Someone had 157 pallets of friends shite they needed to get off their dock/out their warehouse. Home Bargains will happily oblige at a discount.

It's largely this, there was some kind of anniversary of that show within the last year or so (I vaguely remember stupid tweets of "you can't make this anymore" and "the woke kids won't watch it anymore"), and now someone wants rid of the unsold excess

off out to home bargains and b&m myself now actually, maybe aldi and farmfoods too, really push the boat out

probably won't get any friends merch though, that show liked to punch down

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

smack the pony and big train were my go-to's

Mega Comrade posted:

I remember black books being really good. But I'm afraid to watch it again cos... Well you know.

it holds up fairly well, just a wince or two, about half a spaced's worth

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

aye the ground is parched and cracked and my water collection system hasn't gained anything of significance in a month

forecast is luckily a few days of cloud and rain otherwise I'm gonna have to work hard to keep some of my new trees alive

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Alright, how are they going to gently caress this up?

https://twitter.com/Ed_Miliband/status/1670408633442549760?t=yeEjmzIoiCaiLPCR2IrWow&s=19

Red Ed seems pleased which is a good sign at least.

it's not an energy company, they won't provide services or provide a competitor to private firms

it's an energy "investment" company, which will gently caress taxpayer money off into offshore bank accounts

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

The Perfect Element posted:

Oh man got home from a weekend away to find a letter from a debt collection agency, relating to a plumbing firm I used (and fully paid) in May 2021. Just spent the last hour digging through my old bank statements to find the proof, which was a nice bit of stressful fun.

I'm absolutely certain I don't owe this company money, but I don't even want to enter their lovely ecosystem and talk to anyone in case they somehow use that as proof that I am somehow liable for the nearly £450 they say i owe.

Happy fathers day to me!

seconding speak to a financial advisor and don't respond to the firm until you do, there are proper ways to respond- debt collectors are among the scum of the earth, be wary

I mean personally when bt tried to gently caress me over for unpaid services that they didn't provide I just kept laughing at how many letters were sent out by however many different debt collection places it got passed to over the years and it never affected me one bit but that's not solid advice I just like telling that story

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

if he doesn't keep the pledge he will resign

oh wait

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

you can carry a butter knife

as long as it's a folding and non-locking blade with a total blade length of not more than three inches

or, you can demonstrate to a court beyond reasonable doubt that you were urgently needed to sling some vitalite over some sunblest

or, just be white and middle aged

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Oh dear me posted:

Oh dear, every picnic I've ever had has been illegal

if you can prove you were going to a picnic then you are fine

which is a shame because illegal things tend to be the most fun

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

Convert Drax to burn all the papers with Keir's pledges on. And any dogs Wes sees on the way there.

that viz comic with the two serial killers and murders but instead it's gapes and streeting and dogs

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

homogenise the bourgeois oppressor

ps I don't have the means this is an idle threat please don't take my cutlery drawer away

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

unionise all isopoda imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've also noticed that Twitter has become flooded with really lovely, low quality adverts. Musk scrambling for revenue from whatever sources he can find, I guess.

aye I have seen dozens of variations on random 4 letters followed by "shop" all hawking alibaba bullshit

a few weeks ago it was all very specific biotechnology lab equipment

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Catzilla posted:

Do you think mad Nads cornered her at a no.10 presser whilst drunk and told her to back off?

yes

but she did that to everyone else in the room too

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

sometimes when I think about the political situation my head just starts spinning with
:dehumanize:

those are the more optimistic days, today I'm probably going to go with inchoate screaming, shapeless words of hatred, a nice little fried egg sandwich around 11, then probably some seething to carry me into the afternoon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

domhal posted:

In this economy?

I am friends with some chickens irl, they hook me up sometimes

prefer them to most humans imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

okay here's the platonic perfect mediocre egg sandwich, because I haven't got garlic chilli chutney in at the moment

bastard kids ate the good eggs but these are fine, note the shitey white bread must be at least a day old or it will fail structurally, also you need spread and I used clover

fry em on extra low (you need oil too I guess) until nearly cooked through, then add pepper and flip em just long enough to divide them for easy arrangement

they go face down on the spread bread, so you can stab holes in the backs of the yolk for soy sauce- just a drop in each to bring out the flavour, and some salt too

and thus elevenses were had, I would say back to the madness but I'm gonna gently caress it off, get high and watch trek instead

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Z the IVth posted:

If you drizzle soy sauce into the pan with the eggs it caramelizes and is absolutely heavenly. Then pour everything onto the bread.

will try this, ta

Microplastics posted:

White bread smdh

this isn't about nice bread, it's about hitting expectations- I could have baked my own fresh bread and have it taste great but it wouldn't be an egg sandwich on shitey white much like kebab shop chips in pita arent fine cut french fries with truffle oil from a posh restaurant

OwlFancier posted:

My main objection is the yolks, what's even the point in an egg sandwich if you don't cover yourself in runny yolk when eating it?

no objections to yolks and I indeed did get messy eating them but not covered I mean that's probably gonna require quite the quantity of yolks tbh

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol remember when Jamie Oliver showed kids the pink slime they make chicken nuggets out of and then asked who would still eat them and it was all of them because chicken nuggets are delicious

he looked so sad

like really sad

like he felt a great disturbance in the farce, as if millions of folk suddenly ate cheesy chips in front of a plasma TV and were suddenly satiated

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i dont think hugh fearnley whittingstall is a oval office just because some random internet guy says some other guys says so.

its the double barrelled name

he looks quite like my sister's ex husband

who was a massive, irredeemable oval office

proof, IMO

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

surely one of you goons has the osborne wedding email to post up c'mon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Noxville posted:

Me and the wife are actually trading our regular sized car in for a bloody big car (Peugeot 5008) because we’re in the process of adopting a sibling group of 3 children aged 3 and under and it’s the only way to get both of us and 3 bulky car seats in there at the same time. I do genuinely worry about someone slashing the tires because they think we don’t need a car that big.

aye I have a big car but use it/need it for carrying farm stuff and my wife/kids and I sometimes think about when I had to rush my youngest into a+e with anaphylaxis and how hosed I could be if I came to slashed tyres in a time of need

I do try and leave it muddy looking partially for that

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i vaguely remember "based" initially having had a surge in popularity with gamers with pepe avatars so i have always been averse to the term

keep punching joe posted:

I thought based was just a term that alt-right weirdos used similar to woke.

yeah that's where I first saw it much, always thought it was associated with praising behaviours "based" on an ideology favourable to the writer

seen it used a bunch elsewhere now though I'm not partial to it myself

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

a pipe smoking dog posted:

How do you get it to work without getting a new York times paywall?

open it up on a PC

Not sure if they changed it around a bit but when I took this or a similar one a few years back it was a lot more accurate, this time it had me as north wales and norfolk

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

that would have bought so many fake brick vents and non-existent insulation batts

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

a cautionary tale for those who doubt the traffic management power of the roundabout

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

"even more austerity!

I know, I know- the last two decades didn't quite do it

but this time?

well, we aren't making any promises

PS: gently caress you, proles, know your place in things"

some days I'm glad it's all gonna fall apart tbh

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

just lol if you don't think things falling apart won't lead to a fash populist project

"fash populist project"

where do you live right now?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

the two major parties don't seem to feel the need to appease the electorate apart from throwing them a bone every now and then in terms of STOP THE BOATS. neither has gone full MAGA yet.

they haven't needed to, really

they have spent time carefully constructing new enemies, and should the need arise the press can whip up a nice distracting furore from the background medley and perhaps a just stop oil protester will get killed rather than just assaulted or another asylum centre will get firebombed but by someone halfway competent this time

I just can't take even ironic satisfaction out of a collapse because I don't think it would take much for England in particular to tip over into full blow fascism in a very "remember how Our Country USED to be", Waiting For The Worms kind of way. Just too bad good things aren't possible :smith:

It's never for long with me- just a fleeting mental holdover from when I was in full-time things are absolutely hosed mindset and I will try to knock it off and get back to posting nice and positive poo poo some point soon because good things are possible they just aren't gonna happen by a ballot

The Question IRL posted:

(Flashback to the forums post Brexit where people explained that if we didn't leave the EU after that vote, then the country would just elect a fascist government and that this was the only way to strive it off.)

we were going to end up with that either way

and if corbyn had somehow gotten in, he would have been removed by any means

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

awwww congrats

doesn't seem so long ago I announced my first, now they are getting ready for uni

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

forkboy84 posted:

Huh, no idea how I missed that then if it was on ITV.

I was just wondering coz it seems like a common shared experience for a lot of Goons and I totally missed it. So just assumed it wasn't on council telly

I was born in '84 and remember seeing it a few times on ITV- maybe aged 9 to 11 or so?- I remember my da catching a bit of one with me once and commenting that it was well put together

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm hoping for a hung parliament

Or is it hanged?

Always get mixed up on that grammatical quirk

gently caress, probably get sent to a g4s/atos reeducation centre for that one

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

is there a name for the term that describes the rapid blinking while delivering a practiced lie?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm gonna drive across london in my diesel 4x4 next weekend

will try and have the right opinions about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Dabir posted:

Sadly it's a bit too big to crush beneath your tires which is the only possible reason I can think of to drive a 4x4 in a city

even if there weren't a bunch of rail strikes that would make it difficult up the workers, I need to help a friend move some poo poo around and don't feel like hiring a van that would probably pollute more

if the charging network locally to me wasn't absolutely poo poo and/or I could safely charge at home, I would have broken the bank and gone electric instead

my previous petrol car was the same approximate street dimensions, weight, drivetrain and arguably worse pollution output but didn't get nearly the same derision as a "diesel 4x4" does