Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Carados posted:

Feel it's important to remind you who you are endorsing.

im spending the money speicifclaly for this reason :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

abigserve posted:

I assume this gets better but I'm level 11 and I'm fading pretty hard. Not sure if there's any one thing doing it but it just feels like something I've experienced many times before and the thought of spending like 20+ hours in the story is making me not want to play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

If the stuff in an older area is lower level, I should be able to massacre it if I visit it later after I've become more powerful. That's common sense. I shouldn't be rewarded for it, obviously, but I should have no difficulty doing it. If the game doesn't want me to be able to do that, come up with a story reason for me to not be able to. Add shitloads more of the cannon fodder or a reason for something new to inhabit the area, don't make loving sewer rats all of a sudden become rear end-mauling monsters from hell. For that matter, don't give me a reason to need to go back and fight at all if it's not necessary.

how dogshit is your build if this isnt how the game is going lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
me: running around blowing up packs of monsters w a single cast, mulching elites etc

you apparently: getting rocked by rats, goblins, light gusts of wind

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Yeah! lOL!!

Anyway...

So SkillUp wasn't the only one.

I haven't bought the game.

oh so you do nt know what youre talking about lol good poo poo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Are you loving stupid? The entire context of my posts has been asking about SkillUp's review comments. I'm getting mixed responses, several people agreeing with him, some not. It's been pretty loving clear that I don't have the game yet.

did i ask?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
[pure white noise poster no one has ever clocked or noticed before] dont you know who i am

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

FootballFreak2 posted:

Like Uh, the story sucks and there’s only a few ways to play each class? Yeah welcome to Diablo. I hope you like spending 100s of hours spamming Frozen orb

imagining someone loading up d2 for the first time today and reacting to 50% of the skill trees being completely unusable lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
seeing d3 and ps5 players complain means the game is good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Philthy posted:

D3 really only sucked rear end for the first 6 months or so. The story was never anything people complained about. It became not just good, but a pretty great game after a year or so when they started all the end game content. I still rate PoE higher, but it didn't suck rear end by any means.

I feel like D4 is in the same boat, it kinda sucks butt right now, but in a year it'll be awesome. Tweak the zoom, redo the inventory system, redo the skill trees. The UI is a total loving mess on a PC, it's all baked in for dumb mobile tablets or some poo poo right now.

d3 is dog poo poo, everything about 4 is better

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
also its the same zoom as poe lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Vashro posted:

I got dr approval today to take my splint off and start using my recently broken pinky (keyboard hand) , just in time for a weekend of clicking! I tried to use controller but it was annoying, pressing A kept bringing up the chat window, couldn't even add a skill point without grabbing the mouse.

switching between controller and mkb works perfectly normally here. sounds like ur setup is hosed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Devorum posted:

Brings the momentum of the game to a screeching halt in the worst way. Especially when I'm trying out new characters and have to do it again.

you dont have to do the campaign again on alts

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Philthy posted:

It's really not. In PoE ranged characters are way further away compared to D4. I feel like half my goon squad is off the screen doing whatever the gently caress most of the time. Someone mentioned setting the aspect ratio to 21:9 but damned if the game will let me.

its literally the same

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
how tf did u ever play d2 in 4:3 lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Books On Tape posted:

I keep dying on the broodguard spider boss in some level 10 dungeon as a sorc. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, following icy veins leveling guide. I see other posts about this boss saying it should be no big deal for sorc.

Am I supposed to be upgrading my gear? Diablo should not be this unfun. I’ve never hit a wall in a Diablo game at level loving 10.

this is just pathetic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

BurningBeard posted:

You can do better than this I believe in you.

its too depressing to even flame lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Duck and Cover posted:

Yeah yeah I know how hostile people can get if they see anything that may challenge their fun. That's not my goal and I'm not going to have the same argument about it. There are no wrong answers that answer the question, although I suppose my question was flawed. Why Diablo 4 over another game would probably be better a better question.

the answer is very simple. other people arent as miserable as you are

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

scaling Big loving HIts out here. aspected up on my slots and blasting. solo mode necro fun as gently caress

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
effectively do not need a resource generator on my bars anymore lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
killed the butcher w no effort. hp didnt even dip below 75%. wtf are u all soing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
it puts a tooltip at the bottom of the pop out youre looking out that has the keywords in

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Legendaries kind of suck. They don't even have unique names, I just got one that's "protecting adventurer's pants." Like not even "Rathma's Studded Ball Protectors" or something, just the same <prefix> <item> <affex> pattern of yellows.

Legendaries just feel like fancier yellows.

Are there actual uniques etc. later in the game, or did they gently caress the goat on loot at launch here too?

they are just fancy yellows. have you not noticed theyre just imprinted and u can make yellows into them?? lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

SettingSun posted:

These bosses make me feel like a dumb baby. Just had a frustrating time with one of the early story bosses Vhenard as a barbarian. Every attack did a ton of damage and the boss turned into a bullet hell where I can dodge about as well as a drunken ox. Love to get stunned from offscreen and have every attack hit and kill me. Died a bunch of times and only pulled through because I went home and spent every gold and material I had upgrading my gear. Yeah, yeah, git gud or whatever and the game was bound to be tougher than the sleepwalk D3 was but this is another level. The aggressive level scaling makes me think the rest of the game might be like this. :(

i dont think its possible to die to that boss so really this is actually an acomplishment lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
you get infinite use imprints from dungeons and it takes 1 second to do, and they give really useful effects early game. just denying free power for no reason

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
i keep holdof blood mist corpse explosion pieces even when theyre getting out statted until i get another one to imprint bcos its worth more than the stat increases lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

fknlo posted:

what's everyone leveling their necro with? I did the standard bone spear build and it was alright and am trying out the blight/decompose one and I'm not sure if I like it yet. My dudes die constantly

overpower blood surge and corpse explosion

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
also not in a queue, in game right now. skill issue

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

pmchem posted:

that, sadly, is the same conclusion I came to as well. not because of difficulty but because there's so, so much ultimately unimportant poo poo that would take a long time to redo if you died.

I suspect that once they start seasons up they'll make progressing new chars a bit less grinding

does hardcore not let you skip the campaign after first clear?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
ive not even come anywhere close to dying at any point on necro and ive killed the butcher 3 times. it feels inline with other arpgs and significantly less lethal and unfair than like, poe

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
im on wt1 :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
im still in the game and playing bbwahahahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
update: still in game and having the time of my life

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Mikojan posted:

Legendary drop rate sure as hell skyrockets near the endgame. Approaching d3 levels and im not liking it tbh

the legendarys are just another tier over rare rather than the unique tier now so idk why thats bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

all the meta zombies are now furiously F5'ing maxroll to see which build they should hop on next

me, a sorc who has started working on his endgame fireball build: focused. flourishing. in my lane.

this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

queeb posted:

Are there any classes that drop their basic skill and just run a core skill for damage and have decent resource generation? Blizzard leaning into builder/spender for every class with basic attacks feeling so trash is lame. And the Barbarian whirlwind changes kinda shows that's how they want things to be, no easy resource generation, you must hit your basic attacks a few times before your core skill

corpse explosion/summoner necro

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

queeb posted:

Is this actually decent? I love me some Minions. I do take issue with necro having 0 movement skills, that's kinda lame

im using corpse explosion w blood surge as a spender. i meant more that any necro build that uses corpses barely needs a basic ability if they do at all bcos you can get so much essence gain from corpses. presumably summoner focused builds do this too bcos raise skele absolutely counts

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Zotix posted:

Right the point is there aren't other solid builds to play if you don't already have hard to obtain aspects.

youre brain is irreperably damaged by reading build guides and videos lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
you, literal npc tier thought patterns: Brother. The Builds are turbo hosed. Theres nothing playable if I can't carbon copy this youtube video.

me, normal: wheee everything asplode!! wahoo!!