Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

game whips rear end. only stopping rn to eat. then i'm gonna kill more bad guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tonetta posted:

yeah well economies are poo poo always for the newcomer, whether it's an online multiplayer video game or real life economy. you show up and are almost automatically at the bottom rung unless you had some windfall benefactor or accidentally'd your way into being a powerball winner. you're told to grind really hard and the reward is a handful of preapproved trinkets and your own little space. meanwhile, some rear end in a top hat who came well before you is making fist fulls of cash while they actively have contributed nothing since before you even shown up. you *could* own some bougie materials in the future, but you're going to have work 10x harder for it than the people who were Just There before you.

the big difference between games in real life though is that in games, when players "die" they actually take their poo poo with them. also, the elderly often will outlive you, since they have full access to the best stuff and you have few if any of the really good things that'll change your gameplay experience.

you could have done the same poo poo in diablo even with the highly restrictive trading - the boss mats are most expensive the first week and rapidly decline after. the best weapons will sell for billions of gold on week one to some losers who open up their wallet to a TOS site. the only difference is - what for? almost every diablo youtuber has made some minmax guide on leveling at some point for a reason other than "skipping the bad part" or whatever. people just don't do it because there's no reward for doing it in the current state.

literally nothing you just said applies to poe in any way

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i never once noticed or cared about the zoom level in d4. jealous?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

preferring to be a moron who can't ignore little things and just be happy ....... says a lot about the games forum as a whole, no?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I hope they zoom it in further

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

d3 looks like poo poo and always has. people were right to complain

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

wow, gayness

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

wanting matchmaking in a diablo is so alien to me

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

what modern gaming sphere wtf are you all talking about. this is a genre thats so niche and underserved its considered a golden age when two new titles that have serious flaws come out with a third release still not out due to endless delays. its a genre from 20 years ago thats completely archaic. feel like everyone is permanently befuddled because some of the design language got absorbed into mmos and live service games

what's the game that's being endlessly delayed?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

poe2 lol

oh lmfao

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Bisse posted:

Aha ok it is Turn Based and therefore it contains no loot, no wait ok but it does not have any similarities at all and the loot does not fill the same purpose at all, oh ok BG3 loot also ’feel good’ to get but we are talking about a completely different type of reward system, oh ok that was also dopamine but it is literally impossible to learn ANYTHING AT ALL from

Or to put it another way whenever loot filter comes up I feel like it is a hammer looking for a nail to hammer in, problem is there are much better solutions to the problem. For example, D4 has this problem and people have been screaming ”loot filter, idiot blizztards” for since game release. Blizz did a MUCH BETTER THING in the PTR which is (hopefully) solve the basic loot problem. If they had added a loot filter instead, that may never have happened.

The reason it matters is because loot filters have massive drawbacks. Just for starters, they are newbie hostile, immersion breaking, and encourage bad game design patterns like the PoE computer crashing video. So it is much better if they simply are not needed.

idk what ur even saying anymore but bg3 and diablo have nothing to learn from each other because they're wildly different games that aren't trying to do the same thing in any single respect. Good luck with the rest of ur bullshit though

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

the what am i going to do is the end game which is unparrelled, and builds often start feeling incredible once you get early end game gear. unfortunately to get there you have to play the worst campaign in any arpg ever lol

it's so loving bad. i can't do it anymore i've done it dozens if not hundreds of times and i can't bring myself to go through that campaign again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

What's funny to me is that the Loot Reborn announcement reads almost exactly the same as I remember the Loot 2.0 announcement 10 years ago. Like, most of the changes are the exact same changes they made to fix D3's terrible loot system.

scared of this since diablo 3's loot was pure AIDS