Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

What compels people to play blizzards new mediocre gruel (I mean I suppose it could be an actually good game, and I'm being unfair but I doubt it)? Is it all nostalgia? Is it a desperation for any ARPG? Is it because you can't avoid it? Friends are playing it? Like what would Blizzard have to do to get people to stop eating their gruel? I suppose people are just happy it isn't a cellphone Diablo. I'm honestly curious and not just thinking "you're loving idiots stop buying poo poo from poo poo companies you morons" way (I assure you I am thinking that).

:ok:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BurningBeard posted:

Who is the least obnoxious person that produces video content for Diablo? Just don't want my ears destroyed and am looking for stuff to put on and listen to while I work. Looking for mechanics explanations and build guides, mostly. I prefer written but I don't have four eyeballs lol.

Probably Rhykker?

https://youtu.be/IhCwxTGUvbI

Or this dude

https://youtu.be/5GZLkOoIvDI

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 3, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Technically the game isn't even released yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is the performance of the game pretty consistent throughout or is there one area that really hammers things more?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Who has bought the chicken sandwiches?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

lmao how much did the spend on this

Probably about $16. She’s really not doing anything else.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaddish posted:

Where do Twitch drops show up in-game?

Probably the same place as the KFC drops but I don’t know where those are either lol

Edit oh and it’s only 6 hours total for all 4. That’s not bad

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 6, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Interesting, the battle.net launcher runs on my Ubuntu laptop following steamdeck instructions. Is there any way to test the game before dropping $100 on it? I'm pretty :ohdear: about buying a steamdeck for $650 then $100 on a game for it to maybe stop working randomly on me due to proton+patches or whatever.

I’d be surprised if it stopped working. D2 and OW2 have been fine.

D4 is legit great on the deck. Only issue I have is that you can’t suspend the game. Besides that it’s as smooth as you can get.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

For all of you steamdeck D4 people: I can launch a bnet instance but the play game button isn't visible:

How do you get around this? Can I force bnet into an aspect ratio in the launch options or something?

Yeah you have to tap like the upper part of the screen or something. The window needs to be maximized.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not even sure how I feel about cosmetics for this game yet. Like you can't really even see them like you can in like Fortnite.

I feel the same way about the CoD cosmetics.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Servaetes posted:

some of them do look pretty cool too

Yeah but you nor really anyone else gets to see them.

At least in fornite when I kill a kid as Ripley or the Alien I can do a dance over their corpse and they see it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is no built in FPS counter in the game right? I can’t seem to find one.

Also I’m level 22 and I’m really not feeling the arc lash sorc. I dropped it down to WT1 and it feels like things take forever to kill.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

harrygomm posted:

ctrl + R on PC for fps, then again for latency

Oh thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This thread sucks tbh, I've added more people to my ignore list from this thread alone than I have in 20 years of posting anywhere else on this dead gay forum.

I feel like if this is really the case then maybe you should just stop reading this thread?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got my Sorc to level 24 and I'm really not feeling it.

I started a Necro last night and will see how that goes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

Do you guys do the random events in dungeons or skip that poo poo? Never seems worth it.

I do them because they are quick most of the time and there are other people there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone have a link for a good necro leveling build?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i want that inarius statue

Hell yeah. that thing is bad rear end

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

She just fat shamed him

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why does this bar take like half the screen?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nice hopefully we get some patch preview poo poo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haha he brought up the Destiny loot cave

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

Is the $99 Ultimate Edition worth it?

As someone who has it... not really.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

He aint sayin poo poo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GEM talk~

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

The gem thing is weird to me. Are you all picking up every single gem? You only need a few.

Yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That is badass

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

So what's the verdict, worth playing now or waiting for some polish like Diablo 3? I've got a vacation coming up so I'll avoid buying it until at least after that because once I bought a dopamine addiction game right before a vacation and got the shakes from withdrawl.

Game is good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stux posted:

just read the words on the screen. wtf is wrong with you all.

Truth.

The game isn’t that complicated tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

slandergoose posted:

Playing my first Diablo game with D4, how important is the spec? I feel overwhelmed when picking skills and don't want to gently caress myself later in the game.

The spec is important.

You can't gently caress your self since you can refund everything.

Pick a class look up a simple guide. Kill poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vic posted:

the game's objectively worse because of stux coming in to dump rear end on everyone talking about the game in this thread like an alcoholic uncle who works at blizzard and nintendo

how does this make the game worse?

helping people makes the game better???

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The side quests in this game are actually pretty good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

My favorite side quests, best done early on before you out-level regular dungeons, are the ones where you have to step into a dungeon to collect something from the first half of the dungeon. They give a good opportunity to go "While I'm here, might as well finish this dungeon", netting you both the side quest and a dungeon complete.

Yeah these are the ones I like so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I pick up and salvage everything. Don't h8 me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'd pay $30 out of spite now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I must he dumb and blind but where do you see the twitch drops and kfc stuff you’ve collected?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MajorBonnet posted:

The twitch drops are just added to the wardrobe.

Ok thanks I’ll have to triple check that my accounts are connected but I didn’t see them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got two classes to 30 before I stopped playing waiting for the season to start.

I didn’t even complete the story because I want to do it during the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You'll have to start the story over entirely, if you leave it unfinished. You may not care, but just in case, heads up! Your character who has the story in progress won't be able to join the Season. Only your fresh level 1 newbie

No skipping the story either, so the first thing you'll be doing in the season is restarting the story.

Yeah I’m cool with that tbh.

I’ll be getting season progress at the same time so it’s killing two birds for me.

I think I missed it but what is the length of each season? 8 weeks?