Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do people do world bosses? I'm not seeing any notifications pop up. Are you supposed to follow a twitter account to know when they're available?

I heard they become available/visible on the map once you've finished the campaign. I haven't, so I cannot confirm. Did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

InventorOfTrees posted:

I was just chilling and doing all the side stuff (was lvl35 in act 1 lol), but I read that if you have not completed the campaign by lvl50 the game basically stops allowing you to get xp and continue progressing your character until you go to WT3.. which requires you to beat the campaign?

I immediately just starting rushing the campaign, which kinda felt bad and messed up the entire cadence of how I was enjoying the game. I feel like a lot of people are going to be in this situation and are going to be really frustrated when they hit lvl50 in Act 2 or whatever.

Same, which made act 2 feel so much shorter than act 1. Feels kinda bad not to take it slow and do all the sidequests and strongholds and altars. But missing out on xp sucks too.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
They're gonna sell additional renown carryover in the season pass aren't they

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
anyone able to log in? it's always the same poo poo innit

managed to get in on my first try but then I timed out when I wanted to go into the first malignant quest cellar or whatever, been stuck in the queue ever since, bouncing between game starting and ~1 or ~2 minutes remaining

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

mcbexx posted:

I assume you need to enter the Forest Clearing to be progress the seasonal story and be able to interact with Malignant Hearts?

Bummer, as I just can't enter the Clearing.

I am repeatedly stuck on the loading screen and after 5-10 minutesI just get kicked back to the entrance in the open world.

Is there a workaround other than waiting for the server load to die down?

All I have to offer is that you're not alone.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Haven't really felt the pull for the first few seasons, but the upcoming changes, especially for itemization and the codex, all sound very good. I might give this another whirl.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Are people in this thread checking out the PTR today or are you waiting for the next season?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
After playing Last Epoch and PoE coming back to Diablo IV for the PTR and slowly realizing that there's still no loot filter was absolutely wild for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Maybe it's the higher visual fidelity that's to blame, but I've always preferred the "random level generation" of Diablo 1/2 to the procedural level generation of Diablo 3/4. Random, to me, feels more interesting and fresh and like a somewhat unique experience each time, where the procedural generation with the building blocks and set pieces feels samey, predictable and like I've been here before a hundred times just minutes ago. I also dislike the new dungeon layouts with a focus on corridors and crossings instead of open spaces.