Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

I think I would get earthen bulwark instead of cyclone armor and then creeper. however that works out idk. I wouldn't actually follow a build super closely it's cheap and easy to respec while you're leveling and you have no clue what aspects you're gonna get

the core idea of the build (Storm Strike, Landslide, Bulwark for defense, Trample for mobility and hopefully trampleslide aspect) is gonna work fine.

Yeah, the core is fine, but I agree that the Poison Creeper version with Envenom is better and the active on Cyclone Armor sucks. They also ignore the Symbiotic/Nature's Fury interaction iirc and I would prioritize CDR on basically every slot that can roll it. I prefer the 1h/totem version for the extra CDR implicit and affix, especially if you don't have a good Crone. I also didn't really like leveling with Landslide until you get the two aspects, casting it manually kinda sucks.

e:

bus hustler posted:

Are the hearts displaying the rolls in the wrong order? When "x" close enemies is showing the higher roll to the right (more desirable) but you want things to activate with fewer enemies, no?

Ideally you want this to be 7 & 10, not 12 & 20.

ideally you don't want this at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Oh man going to a big ol lumbering bear daddy from rogue is brutally slow.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Entered my first malignant tunnel and I'm stuck on the loading screen. Great. Truly time to admire my level 9 gear.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

oh god talking about slow, necro is awful

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
hey they increased the size of the butchers trophy cleaner mount item to a good size

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Oh drat u rly do just zoom around with rogue lol. This is cool

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

bus hustler posted:

Are the hearts displaying the rolls in the wrong order? When "x" close enemies is showing the higher roll to the right (more desirable) but you want things to activate with fewer enemies, no?

Ideally you want this to be 7 & 10, not 12 & 20.

It shows the range!?! Where is this most desirable should be to the right coming from?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Trump posted:

It shows the range!?! Where is this most desirable should be to the right coming from?

There are a couple items that do it that way. It doesn't seem to be 100% consistent, though.

For example, It would read: "Every 4 [5 -3] hits with a primary attack heals you."

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Holy poo poo I'm loving dead

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

queeb posted:

oh god talking about slow, necro is awful

Yeah, I hear this. Rolled a Rogue when I started at launch, and really got used to zipping around with those circling spirit things giving me move speed. Started up my necro in the season, and getting 5 points right away and riding out my horse to bonespear some demons is fun, but I can tell I'm going to miss the Rogue's speed.

Still, no issues logging in as the season started, was up and bonespearing demons in about 3 minutes. Game is good.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Putting a new crafting bench outside of the city with no waypoint access is kinda dumb.

Malignant Heart spawners dropping after you kill an elite asking you to wait 5 seconds for a mob to spawn is kinda dumb.

Malignant Tunnels not telling you you need a boss spawner until you're at the end of them, asking you to TP back to the city to ride back to the crafting bench, which closes your original TP... this is no playtesting kinda dumb.

D4 is fun and all, rolled a Barb instead of Druid on a whim but drat son. It's like making Teleport Out Of Dungeon 5 seconds to cast instead of 3. What are these dumbass little time wastes?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Vic posted:

Is there a grace period? Just wanted to check the battlepass and the season rewards system.

It's just a game, why do you have to be mad?

Go play the game, why do you have to be mad?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
well alright, the strongholds are not scaled to level. I did not last long walking into one 18 levels higher than me.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

fknlo posted:

well alright, the strongholds are not scaled to level. I did not last long walking into one 18 levels higher than me.

Strongholds are 30+ I think.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

fknlo posted:

They are, but like many zones, minimum levels are a thing. You can't just go anywhere in the map at level 1 or such.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Vic posted:

Strongholds are 30+ I think.

Nah, there's one that has level 15 guys in it in fractured peaks. Then another had level 30 guys

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
how was the fireside chat

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BULBASAUR posted:

how was the fireside chat

it's tomorrow at 2pm eastern standard diablo time

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Doomykins posted:

Putting a new crafting bench outside of the city with no waypoint access is kinda dumb.

Malignant Heart spawners dropping after you kill an elite asking you to wait 5 seconds for a mob to spawn is kinda dumb.

Malignant Tunnels not telling you you need a boss spawner until you're at the end of them, asking you to TP back to the city to ride back to the crafting bench, which closes your original TP... this is no playtesting kinda dumb.

D4 is fun and all, rolled a Barb instead of Druid on a whim but drat son. It's like making Teleport Out Of Dungeon 5 seconds to cast instead of 3. What are these dumbass little time wastes?

The big city that Rax calls Kmart (starts with a K, can't remember the rest) has a crafting bench. Always go there.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Mayveena posted:

The big city that Rax calls Kmart (starts with a K, can't remember the rest) has a crafting bench. Always go there.

Bless u

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I plan to dabble in this until BG3 comes out. I want to play rogue or druid. I believe rogue levels faster so maybe I go with that? I'm coming from a necro which I only got to 55 since I was playing Zelda. Any advice?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
lmao druid gear is the most clownsuit looking poo poo. why do i have purple boots, blue pants, orange shirt and green hat

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

was hoping ti would teleport me to the refund screen

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

harrygomm posted:

lmao druid gear is the most clownsuit looking poo poo. why do i have purple boots, blue pants, orange shirt and green hat

Unify your colors at the wardrobe fam

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

harrygomm posted:

it's a reference to classic wow and TBC

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
im happy for everyone that's able to play this laggy trash fire of a game where every loading screen is a roll of the dice like lmao how is blizzard not able to support massive amounts of players in 2023 when MMO has been their game operations for the past two decades.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

As I grow older and the world becomes more alien and scarier around me, there are two immutable truths that remain as solid as the floor under my gaming chair. I am going to enjoy playing some diablo today and free stux

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I love error code 300202!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

harrygomm posted:

what the hell??

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
anyone able to log in? it's always the same poo poo innit

managed to get in on my first try but then I timed out when I wanted to go into the first malignant quest cellar or whatever, been stuck in the queue ever since, bouncing between game starting and ~1 or ~2 minutes remaining

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

harrygomm posted:

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol so I guess there is a bug that prevents you from entering huge sections of dry steppes, including one you have to go to for a very early seasonal quest. Just loads of people slamming into an invisible wall.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I assume you need to enter the Forest Clearing to be progress the seasonal story and be able to interact with Malignant Hearts?

Bummer, as I just can't enter the Clearing.

I am repeatedly stuck on the loading screen and after 5-10 minutesI just get kicked back to the entrance in the open world.

Is there a workaround other than waiting for the server load to die down?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Ehud posted:

what the hell??

NICE HAT!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
barbs are dyin' out in the open world its madness its chaos dyin everywhere

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
it would be cool if this game had an offline mode

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

mcbexx posted:

I assume you need to enter the Forest Clearing to be progress the seasonal story and be able to interact with Malignant Hearts?

Bummer, as I just can't enter the Clearing.

I am repeatedly stuck on the loading screen and after 5-10 minutesI just get kicked back to the entrance in the open world.

Is there a workaround other than waiting for the server load to die down?

All I have to offer is that you're not alone.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Tarnop posted:

This is correct. Every character you log in with will have their altar and map progress added to your account altar and map progress (separate for softcore and hardcore). New characters created will inherit your account altar and map progress

I have all altars and map unlocked on my eternal but it gave me most of the map and barely any altar progress on my seasonal.

I fixed it by logging into the eternal character that I unlocked everything with and logging into my seasonal. I had been playing with another character in eternal after I did all that renown on my original.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 20, 2023

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Trump posted:

you can turn on advanced stats in the settings somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Named my Bone Wizard: LadyBonar. Attempted LadyBon3r but that didn't make it past the name filter ...