Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

How did this feel to play with a controller btw. Might bring out my Xbox controller lying around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

oh wow they are balancing stuff already? that seems pretty... hasty? even if things were OP i was thinking they would just leave it up for couple of weeks while buffing other classes

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

InventorOfTrees posted:

Took literally one nerf patch for this thread to turn into the poe subreddit, good lord. If you're going to lose your minds about numbers going down slightly then you should prolly just not read the notes at all.

tbf even poe doesn't nerf skills at the start of the league, the only time i recall them nerfing something was during herald meta. sure this isn't a league but i can see why people are upset because they were already invested in a build and blizz knew about the op builds for ages.

especially for some builds cause the numbers going down weren't slight at all.

still fine for those already geared up, just painful for those in the middle

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

tbf this is the real stress test since most people weren't paying extra to play on the weekends

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I just wonder if they are going to increase the monster density when the season starts

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Baffling that they keep nerfing mob density instead of buffing them in other areas

Makes you wonder if the lead devs have played arpgs before

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

Path of Exile players are absolutely brain damaged and should be saved from themselves. Thank you based Blizzard and for the love of god PLEASE keep ruining these freaks experience.

Can't believe blizzard is nerfing monster density to own poe players and the rest of the playerbase.

based

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Maybe they would go in other dungeons more if they had a reason. Perhaps... maybe buff density in other dungeons?

Perish the thought really.

Did you not do Baal runs back in the days? Were you also going "ehhh running one dungeon is such a gamer brain" back then?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

Oh so we should be doing what was acceptable 23 years ago? Genius level stuff on display here.

More like saying this isn't a poe thing but more of how people played the game and will continue to play the game. A lot of people like playing games optimally cause its fun or efficient depending on their mindset.

Just buff other dungeons instead of nerfing the fun dungeons and fun elite spawns and people will naturally disperse to variety of dungeons.

People like blowing up mobs in diablo.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah very rare if Baal runs ended up killing Baal unless it was like everyone's last run or something.

But yeah lack of socials hurt honestly, especially considering how strong party play is right now.

Also its hilarious seeing people try to find the next farming spot and I think in Korea people are doing Call of the Ancients run right now where they get a person that didn't do the sidequest to open up the area, party up and farm the area

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

GL to him and those moderating chat

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

skill issue

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

meta builds win once again

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

soscannonballs posted:

As a fellow bone bro it is really cute seeing non-bone necros gush about doing like 100k damage per hit. I'm tossing out spears for literal millions of damage in dungeons 20-30 levels higher than in that clip. Seems like most people still don't understand how damage is calculated. Almost every suggestion I see for builds, regardless of spec or class, is suggesting stacking additive damage instead of the juicy multiplicative ones. I am avoiding all additive damage on my gear and I still have 300-500% depending on the condition.

Bone bros keep winning.

Anyway its fine to like an underpowered skillset and play the game with it, if you like the playstyle. Done that enough in other games. But no need to go into a weird gamer mode when other people talk about it being weak

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Shoenin posted:

The Golem's stupidity broke me. Until they fix the minions nonexistent AI im switching to Barb

They need more ways to control the minions, from focus targeting specific mobs to having mobs actually tank for you. Right now its a mess

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Sadly with these AI issues, even if minions were good, they would feel horrible to play with cause of the reasons you pointed out.

Hilarious that minion necro feels so terrible to play honestly. You would think being necro and all Blizz would have focused on the minions more

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

sigils teleporting is a massive change thank god

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

jesus christ this is worse than a work meeting.

Stick to the goddamned agenda

i hate this whole "lets talk casually by the fireside and meander around topics" gimmick they are doing

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

season 2 lamo

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Anyway its wild they didn't think about the need of a gem stash at all before this

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Shredder posted:

it's habit for me, you needed a fuckload of gems to get to the top tier in d3

yup

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

yes

it sucks that it's not in the game already i'm sure this is something they had to cut for launch due to deadlines. i wouldn't expect it until season 3 at the earliest.

it's a shame because it feels like the game was designed around party play

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

mbt posted:

many of the posters in this thread resemble academy award nominee Sean Penn's character from a 2001 American drama film co-written and directed by Jessie Nelson

The gently caress does this mean for an non American cause it just sounds like you need to touch grass or something

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ah so its just a lovely person trying to be coy about using a slur got it

Cowardly I guess but that's how dog whistles go I guess

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Seasonal resets happen in a loot game generally because you run out stuff to do eventually

People like starting anew, speed running if that's your style or trying out a new build. Poe has new skills and content, the person above explained d3

It remains to be seen what d4 seasons will have but I wouldn't expect anything too interesting or drastic until like season 3

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Farm more

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

No Playstation for me sadly

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's somewhat irritating but can't be worse that doing poe campaign whenever a league starts.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DaveKap posted:

I'm 100% convinced my non-worry over doing sidequests and aspect dungeons in seasons is due to the PTSD of doing PoE's campaign a dozen times.

i've optimized doing the campaign as best as I can, I'm pretty sure I can do the same for diablo.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mailer posted:

Depending on whether or not you believe the reports coming from inside the house, it was multiple #3s. In the end the true heroes of D3 were the unnamed people who took over when all the Creative Visionary Geniuses left and just made the game fun for the hell of it.

There were so much arrogance from the original d3 folks when the game released, it is kinda hilarious the game became better without them.

much like any company projects with a management with an ego honestly

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

If you think you aren't doing enough damage but don't want to follow the meta, just check various guides and see what gear they are trying to get and figure out why those gears are good.

If you understand the interactions you can make most builds function at least.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Running a map with reflect that you didn't notice because you were tired

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

wonder if they'll make bear skins since once you are in perma bear mode, there's no real reason for cosmetics

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Avalerion posted:

I was surprised how much the actual cosmetics they are selling suck. Not even the slightest temping.

if they make like panda bear skins or red panda skins for druid it will sell decently

but they probably don't want to make cute/goofy skins yet.

the overall skin cosmetics are just so banal, honestly the only stuff worth buying is probably the stuff that modifies the look of skills when it comes out. poe showed that those are real popular.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Clocks posted:

Pretty sure they're waiting to release actually interesting stuff in the shop. There's a bunch of people who would complain about their "immersion" or whatever otherwise. In a couple seasons from now most of the casual playerbase will have moved on and the type of people to buy skins in the first place won't care that there are other people running around with butterfly wings.

Along with skill mtx we will undoubtedly have stuff like more transmog dyes and hairstyles as well.

Yeah I would expect the fun skins to happen in like season 3/4 as well.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

don't expect too much from the first season though, i would be pleasantly surprised if it was anything substantial

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

sorc aspects does feel like the equivalent of padding out the essay length before the deadline honestly

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mr. Pickles posted:

D3 was far, far worse than this on release. Even now it looks like Torchlight, a real stain on the franchise no wonder they're writing it off completely from Diablo's lore

I do think its somewhat frustrating when people go "well this game was better than d3 at launch". poo poo why is the standard of comparison so low? Like this isn't some F2P game, it has a pretty hefty price and its not that weird for people to have expected them to have have a better end game and such they might have learnt from D3 leagues after the expansion.

Its too barebones right now, sure D4 leagues might improve it but there's a lot of questions about the direction of the game.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Schwawa posted:

they have to be doing this as a bit, right?

How much more can you corrupt sanctuary I wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Mephisto has social skills. The other two? Pfft