Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

everyone got their poop socks cleaned and ready? gonna be a long weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

In case anyone missed it, they put up a 4-part recap of the preceding events of Diablo 1, and the plot of all 3 games. It loving slaps and even makes Diablo 3's plot look cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfVNgk_Hho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMu3DNbJko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae8YXE7OdfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjgmaNRDHo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Popoto posted:

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

holy poo poo what, where do you live??

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Kalli posted:

It's up, get clicking

this is pay to win content I can agree with

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao gently caress

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Tell us what course you're teaching and we will help improvise how to integrate Diablo 4 as a learning aid

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

InventorOfTrees posted:

the game is not going to be playable today for 90%+ of people

We are gonna go see Spiderverse around launch time so that hopefully things have settled by the time we get back :pray:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Anyone have any strategies that are excited to try out? My approach is going to be clicking on the demons with my mouse button until they die

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Jaytan posted:

I think this is a really good start, but if I may offer a suggestion: click on the loot also. I think you'll find it really elevates your Diablo IV experience to a whole new level!

My mouse's resell value is gonna go way down from all this clicking!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Just gave $90 to Bobby Kotick. Feels bad man.

Don't worry, part of that is going to a woman as hush money of some kind

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

We had almost defeated a dungeon boss after 1 hour and got disconnected gently caress you blizzard

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Entering cellars on PS5 freezes the game currently fyi

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Philthy posted:

At the end of the day, story is the least of my concerns. Being so zoomed in is driving me absolutely bonkers. I can't stand it.

One of the upsides of couch co-op is it's way zoomed out!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I feel attacked

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

fknlo posted:

I can't successfully log in now

Same.

You on PlayStation?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

How do you upgrade gems to higher levels? Is it tied to your character level?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I like being a barb and hitting the demons with my sword until they die

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

acumen posted:

??? you get access to a massive skill tree thing at 50

Lol what on earth is this. I'm guessing each square upgrades your damage or immunities by like 1 or 2 points so you still feel like you're progressing over your 600 hours of gaming?

Does one of the massive skill tree upgrades increase my running speed by 2%, perhaps

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It feels weird to be nearly at level 30 and I haven't started the first main campaign quest (investigate what Lilith's up to) or even left Act 1 yet.

There are a lot of side quests in this game. I keep heading toward the main story quest and getting sidetracked because some guys wife is having an affair with a demon or something

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

George H.W. oval office posted:

Kill all the things

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Might the nice if there were a story thread and a gameplay thread, because people are casually spoiling things and some of us are playing the game slowly and helping all the little people of sanctuary with their little bullshit problems

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah I get the impression these balance changes are from averaged data from tens of thousands of players, and blizz knows what they're doing.

When corpse explosion was extremely overpowered in the first beta weekend, it was hilarious as a player because of the power fantasy of it all, but you can imagine that ruins the end game once it scales up even more and you're one-shotting bosses.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Don't worry, Blizzard games do go on sale. If you wait ~2 years you can grab it for $50 instead of $70

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I've paid a man to shoot me in the back of the head if I ever play a video game for more than 200 hours

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The Fattest PI posted:

The citizens of the diablo world love 2 things:

Dying horribly
Building insanely huge underground structures that consist of narrow walkways and bottomless pits on both sides

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday, Diablo is probably the worst video game universe to be an NPC in. Just slowly starving & freezing to death until eventually a goatman eats your wife and then a demon skins you alive for fun, then your body is just flung onto a bone pile underground for a Nephalem to whack with his sword in search of a health potion.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

faantastic posted:

I got a vasectomy last Friday

D4 is good but I didn't think it was THAT good, wow

zoux posted:

I don’t have kids and would strongly recommend against getting some if you like playing video games or having money and free time

Yeah casually giving up 18 years of your life that could be spent grinding for legendaries is crazy to me.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Feeling a lot of FOMO at work today due to the fact that the world of Sanctuary is an alive, online experience that persists even when I'm not there!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

InventorOfTrees posted:

wait has no one linked this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PdH-zavwO4

what the gently caress is going on with the marketing for this game lmao

This is Blizzard's best cutscene to date, she looks so realistic

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The synergies between classes are loving awesome. My wife & I are playing barb + sorc, as is tradition for us, and she can freeze mobs and use her fire snake to bring them close together, while my Death Blow kills them in one or two hits. Just total guts explosion all over the screen. No mob lasts more than a few seconds.

I love this game.

CLAM DOWN posted:

nice, can i gently caress an angel too?

did you pay for the Ultimate edition?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Story was good but I still barely comprehend what Lilith's whole plan/motive was.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

There's a bug on PS5 where when I open the map the game freezes. Nice

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

When does endgame stuff like Helltides turn on, if you elect to skip the campaign?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Pretty neat that you find out what happened to the Paladin from Diablo 2 anyone else notice any cool callbacks?

You can revisit the hidden camp from Caldeum (Diablo 3 Act 2) in ruins, with the same layout and the vendors' shops in ruins!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Black Griffon posted:

One thing people have mentioned a lot itt is that the world feels kind of empty, and there's been a lot of spots I've passed collecting statues that just look really cool and aesthetic. Hopefully they jam some more strongholds into those spots.

Adding new quests & events on the reg would keep me playing, and that's what these greedy Activision fucks want isn't it?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ravus Ursus posted:

I do not understand this easter egg.

The same caravan travels with the party across all of D3. The act 2 camp being ruined like this implies that when they left Caldeum to head to Bastion's keep they just left everything behind, including their carts, and just set up a new camp there?

Westmarch rent is crazy, they had to move back to Caldeum after RoS.

When your customer base is between 1 and 4 adventurers and they finish the end boss your business is hosed

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Anyone know the most efficient way to level a new char solo when skipping the campaign? I assume dungeons & large mob events. Also is WT1 or WT2 more efficient for xp?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Tiny Timbs posted:

Not being able to reset paragon boards seems like an oversight. Did it come up in the fireside chat?

Once I realized you can't reset the paragon boards I began using an online guide, as the developers intended

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Verisimilidude posted:

I'm in that weird diablo spot where wt3 is too easy and won't offer meaningful upgrades, but wt4 can be really hard depending on the affixes on certain dungeons.

You've reached the end-endgame, unspec all of your Paragons and see if you can increment your damage slightly upward. Menus are back on the menu.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Experimenting with paragon nodes is dumb as gently caress you're playing with 0.5% increments just stop thinking about it and use an internet guide and watch your damage go up

Ice Fist posted:

It's the opposite OP. For the most part people are trying to figure out how to not have to do lovely busy work so we can get back to exploding mobs.

Yeah this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

SettingSun posted:

What do you think Diablo is up to in this Diablo game

Probably chilling not giving a gently caress about Sanctuary. Didn't he spend Diablos 1 and 2 trying to get back to Hell, and 3 taking over Heaven so that angels would leave him alone?

He truly does not give a poo poo about the player character he just wants to hang out in Hell and indulge in his hobby of giving people nightmares. He is a goon.