Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's up, get clicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Excuse me, I am 42 years old and am drinking a BioSteel zero calorie sports drink.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

whalestory posted:

How do we join the Lilith faction?

Same way as in RE Village

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

widespread posted:

That requires a VR headset and a belt, sounds like too much work.

But I mean if you got the VR headset already.... okay well fair enough, I get to cheat a bit, my sis owns a goatfarm so sourcing some horns was pretty easy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Installing this game on the xbox in my workout room. Gonna try to bike 40 miles while clicking demons tonight. (I will hit a busted server queue and instead watch a movie)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On console the only bug I've run into is probably more of a design oversight. The dungeon you do for one of the druid quest seeds also has 3 totems to clear, and once you clear them... there's no message or anything, but if you leave the dungeon isn't finished. If you backtrack to the middle of the dungeon there's a kinda larger room where a boss will then spawn and finish the dungeon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^ Been on WT2 the entire time and have gotten I dunno, 20-25? ish legendaries so far.

Hit 40 on my druid building around the nature's fury capstone and man it feels so good to just cover the screen with bullshit with the random double skills proccing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You'll also get a whole ton of legendaries from gambling which is the real reason to do events.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My verisimilitude

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick things I'm expecting and probably wrong about.

No campaign reset
Probably have to redo lilith statues / renown
WT5 or whatever next difficulty tier.
A not-crazy huge balance patch tweaking mostly numbers here and there.
Season 1's gimmick will probably be fairly straightforward.
Capstone dungeons getting a level requirement to enter probably like 40 / 55 for the two existing ones.
No idea what'll be on the battlepass besides cosmetics

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

how are yall building druids in terms of splitting companion/magics/animalman? Been focusing on Claw/Shred/Rabies for now having swapped out Lightning Storm for Rabies. I had the totem shield thing for a bit but decided "3 second shield is worthless, I can just build Fortify." So the other 3 skills I've been using are wolves/bear roar/boulder. Boulder is surprisingly good as a gently caress-off button to clear paths.

it feels like lists I've seen prioritize the nature magic over other things, which is funny considering shapeshifter/pets was the way to go for D2.

I kept bouncing around builds while leveling eventually settling on a Nature's Fury one. The legendaries are so ridiculously important that I went from needing to drop to WT1 for some bosses in the story to feeling comically overpowered in Nightmare content. Trample landslides and double landslides are just silly and the screen just fills with random tornadoes and lightning strikes. I've got Earthen Bulwark with the +6 s duration and earth crits build potency aspects and use poison creeper so I always have a dozen terramotes for landslides.

I figure S1 I'll try a wolf or bear build, I've got a ton of aspects for them, but just seems silly to switch off what I've got right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Season 2 for gems and they'll be some kind of currency tab deal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

faantastic posted:

Yeah seems like a pretty fair system in place. What renown does getting the map uncovered/lilith statues bring you to on a fresh character?

700-800 in each zone counting the waypoints. 1 Stronghold should get you to stage 3 in all of 'em. So just gotta run some dungeons / side quests in each, take a few days of modest play to start the season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Marvel Heroes put in pets that would hoover up all loot under a certain quality you set and you'd level re-rollable perks on them that way.

I miss hitting a button and instantly deleting 300 items from the screen.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

acumen posted:

Check this out: I didn't feel like doing all the renown stuff to the final tier, so I haven't

Wow, I bet you aren't even running the same dungeon over and over and over again either to maximize exp gains. You fool, you loving peasant.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RCarr posted:

This guide mentions a “capstone skill”…

Wtf is a capstone skill

The last ones in the tree.

2nd to last tier are ultimate skills with long cooldowns, last tier are all capstone abilities which give a powerful effect to a playstyle.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Druid feels pretty bad to level until you get any of the good aspects for any of the builds at which point you are an unkillable screen killing monster until at least WT4.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dallan Invictus posted:

Are they generally soloable? I've kinda left them alone until my schedules have synced up with my friends but between time zones and married life I should probably accept that this will never happen.

Absolutely. Not noticeably harder then a dungeon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Verviticus posted:

what makes a codex imprint suddenly start costing two legendary fragments? i dont get nearly enough legendary drops (yet) to afford this :(

Ones from a dungeon cost shards, ones extracted from an existing item don't, since you gotta nuke the item to get the codex you sorta pay upfront I suppose.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Finish a tree quest in world tier 3. It will always give you two if you don't have any.

I think you have to unlock a number of glyphs first or something. The first half dozen or so I did gave me 0 sigils but usually gave a glyph. Then I got two sigils in one and the hose has been full blast since.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't get any for awhile either and then they started dropping constantly. My suspicion is they start dropping from tree of whispers caches once you have a # of glyphs unlocked

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

American McGay posted:

Don’t listen to them. It’s a free 20% damage reduction across the board (assuming you’re already using cyclone armor). It isn’t a must-have but it’s kinda cool because it’s one of the few things that can buff other players which is a style I like playing and is pretty lacking in the game so far.

Yeah, when doing the campaign you should probably just go ahead and try every aspect that drops. Synergies aren't very important until later one, so just go ahead and try everything and see what works

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Floor is lava posted:

just saw that all the 2 handers are all labeled wrong lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jelly posted:

One question I still haven't been able to answer for myself is, what exactly is the purpose of the tree outside of getting your very first nightmare sigil?

Leveling alts who are skipping the campaign. Giving players a bit of an extra incentive to go traipsing around the overworld / hit dungeons for aspects they haven't done yet.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

trevorreznik posted:

What does it matter if you die? I just got a few then got killed, no big deal

Well they're talking about using Hardcore server only items, so.....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Much better off just killing more demons then evaluating loot while doing the campaign. if it's got green numbers, use it. If it's legendary use it if it touches a skill that looks fun.

Once you finish the campaign, stuff will slow down enough that you should evaluate gear, but for now, just kill kill kill

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Click on the nightmare dungeon on the map, you teleport to it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patch notes gonna drop at 7:06 AM West coast time, the most devilish time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

x

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blizz rizzed up baby Butcher, our new Drip King

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

it's what the kids are saying on the tiktok, go back to clicking your demons grandpa

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I generally don't mind battlepasses, but the diablo one is fairly poor.

I was expecting at least one spell effect or something you might actually see. The diablo store / battlepass seem so underwhelming because the existing cosmetics are fine and there's nothing special about anything they've put in the store or on the pass.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That said, they should get rid of the 20 quest limit. That's just dumb.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Enigma posted:

What’s an actual good, fun sorc build I can switch to once I hit lvl. 50 soon?

Getting super tired of this paper tiger arc lash leveling build. Feels real good to dump all my mana into an elite with charged bolts just to have to slowly whip them for the other half of their hp pool because frost nova is still on cooldown.

I mean in WT3 at least chain lightning with the mana on self bounce aspect will melt any solo elite. Combine with fireball enchant and that free spells when not using unstable currents aspect and everything melts fast enough. It's no trampleslide, but what is.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

euphronius posted:

Glyphs drop everywhere afaict. They are in Tree chests for example

Yeah, I got my first few just wandering around a helltide when I hit WT3

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey they made sorc aspects good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

coelomate posted:

first nerf: boosting boss health on WT3 and 4

kiss / curse though - upping rewards (guaranteed legendaries)

Not much of a nerf though. Bosses die really, really quickly in WT3

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every survivability / damage issue is a WT4 problem. You will be fine 1-65 with any build you want as long as you put the right aspects on in WT3

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It definitely feels awkward to get a frenzy of upgrades in the first couple of hours in WT3 / 4 and then next to nothing going forward.

On the other hand it'd stink to be on an item level treadmill with the way aspects / stat rolls work.

I think it'd be a better overall experience with an ilevel treadmill and the division 2 aspect / stat roll storage system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sounds like, might have to log the character who did each region in once the patch hits to register it.