Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah I guess if people expect it to be nerfed maybe. I don't think they will.

But I guess I haven't seen it in action so I can't judge how silly it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

lagidnam posted:

Use it now to make it easier to farm the next one.

I played chain lightning Sorc for 72 levels and it was really, really bad. I got a barber and now it's the Sorc from the first open beta again. The heart is so stupidly overpowered that it doesn't really matter what level you are or how good the item is you put it in. Just use it. It's probably going to get nerfed next week anyways.

This was my thoughts : it's gonna get nerfed so might as well use it to power level ....

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nerfs of any sort would look really bad after the pity party stream last week, which means they'll definitely do it but with a page long explanation this time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just buff other poo poo I hope :getin:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Bone spear friends, what glyph are you prioritizing first? I feel like there are several good options.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

SettingSun posted:

Nerfs of any sort would look really bad after the pity party stream last week, which means they'll definitely do it but with a page long explanation this time.

" This heart makes sorcerers too powerful"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

find the blizzard dev who kept getting townkilled by sorcerers in Diablo 1

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the barber gem is basically a 100% more multiplier on your damage which is a lot

Edit

No wait it’s even more than that

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kaddish posted:

Bone spear friends, what glyph are you prioritizing first? I feel like there are several good options.

Others will disagree with me, but I prefer blood-drinker with skills that increase blood orb drops, and making sure I have gear that has damage reduction from fortify. Being tanky owns.

If you don't care about being tanky, go for Control since there's 2 +10 INT nodes within reach.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Jows posted:

I've run into this a few times: in the dungeon event with the circle of tied up dudes, I free all five of them, or so I think, but one doesn't register. The guy remains and keeps begging too be untied, but he becomes non interactive. Is that a bug or did I mess something up?

I think this happens if you untie dudes too quickly at the start. Untie the first dude to start the event then wait tilll enemies start spawning to untie the rest.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Jaytan posted:

I think this happens if you untie dudes too quickly at the start. Untie the first dude to start the event then wait tilll enemies start spawning to untie the rest.

Yea I had a similar bug once where I untied them too quickly, and the cellar event got stuck infinitely spawning waves of cannibals which was pretty sweet for grinding experience.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I can't believe nobody is talking about damage over time necromancer with the extra damage over time heart for crowd controlled damage

It's a blast

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

satanic splash-back posted:

I can't believe nobody is talking about damage over time necromancer with the extra damage over time heart for crowd controlled damage

It's a blast

A lot of so called free thinkers only follow maxroll and streamer build guides thats why

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I'm more of a middlingroll kind of gamer.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer

It's a blast

been playing this with howl from below and bloodless scream, and using some minions for fortify and cc, it is p good, can't really say I notice a difference when swapping between the scythe and a 2h sword though, which is a bit disappointing

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Plz God who made the decision to take away waypoints...

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
they should disable the heart that makes other players' damage go immune for players not in their party. it's bad enough that you have to put up with the people who contribute less than nothing to events, staying mounted as long as possible. I don't play the game so some stranger I'll never interact with again can see a big number

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I still laugh at the fact they fully intended for seasons to be complete resets.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

At least the horse is such a wonderful experience that having to ride it around a great deal feels very good

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
you must be a console player because we are not riding on the same horse if you feel that way

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

inset posted:

been playing this with howl from below and bloodless scream, and using some minions for fortify and cc, it is p good, can't really say I notice a difference when swapping between the scythe and a 2h sword though, which is a bit disappointing

I don't think damage over times can critical (from game tooltips) so crit damage is a bit of a waste on this build. This lets you actually use something other than swords, which is cool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I use 2 handed scythes only for necro

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

It's a blast

it sounds p good but i beelined for blood lance after they added gore quills in 1.10

no regrets. i'm stacking overpower and max life. i'm tanky as hell and delete everything on screen on my guaranteed OP cast

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I don't think damage over times can critical (from game tooltips) so crit damage is a bit of a waste on this build. This lets you actually use something other than swords, which is cool

yea sword just happened to be what I had on hand for comparison, anyways, I suppose there might be a difference on bosses when using the unique scythe, regular elites just fall over too fast

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Having just got to WT3 and hit 50, if I want more glyphs the best thing to do is just keep at Nightmare Dungeons, right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Glyphs drop everywhere afaict. They are in Tree chests for example

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

McCoy Pauley posted:

Having just got to WT3 and hit 50, if I want more glyphs the best thing to do is just keep at Nightmare Dungeons, right?

Yes. You’ll get all the glyphs in like 3 runs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

euphronius posted:

Glyphs drop everywhere afaict. They are in Tree chests for example

Yeah, I got my first few just wandering around a helltide when I hit WT3

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just figured out that a good solution to the barb being boring is to just not use core skills and use both chain pull and death blow instead with the extra weapon mastery charge aspect and the glyph that makes them reduce each other's cooldowns

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Moving from WT3 to wt4 and did they increase the level of the wt4 mobs? I don't remember them starting at 75.

My 60 druid killed Elias in one try and then went to wt4 and couldn't kill poo poo.

It's a bit better now that I'm 62 and have a couple ancestral items. Thank God for legion events I could sponge off other people in!

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

What was the point of the nightmare dungeon nerf, from the devs perspective? Is it just so they can say look all the classes can do nm100 np and get less pressure to balance stuff out or what

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

yes they upped the lowest wt3 mobs to 75 and then also soft capped them so you will eventually always be 5 levels higher than the overworld for power fantasies and it’s uh it’s a choice

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

flashman posted:

What was the point of the nightmare dungeon nerf, from the devs perspective? Is it just so they can say look all the classes can do nm100 np and get less pressure to balance stuff out or what

Basically they did a stat squish like what you see in WoW once in a great while. It’s just they felt they had to do it like a month after the game came out which honestly doesn’t inspire confidence with their vision for the game lol.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

flashman posted:

“infinitely” scaling dungeons are fun. they are also a forcing function / filter which means only the most broken and synergistic builds feel “good” to many players.

contrast with D2 that has very static end game difficulty, and a broader variety of builds could work because it didn’t really matter how hard you one shot the mobs.

the devs decided they don’t want that scaring, at least not now, so they lowered the ceiling.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
They want NM Dungeons to be part of the experience but not the ultimate end game content so they introduced a hard ceiling, they're just asking you to wait half a year for them to develop the end game content. Small indie studio.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I don’t know what that means but I liked the challenge of nm dungeons before and now there isn’t any :(

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I had Vasily's Prayer drop today, so now I have both that and Insatiable Fury. Trying to decide if I should switch from my shifter pulverize build to all bear all the time pulverize. I'm only level 59 so I should probably just try it, but I have been relying on the legendary effect that grants life when you shapeshift and converts to fortify if you are at max hp. I am sure that effect is not optimal at high NMD levels but for now it basically means I'm always at max fortify which is sweet. If I go full bear mode I'm pretty sure that interaction goes away.

EDIT: I should add that at 59 I am facerolling tier 15 NMDs and I can hang in WT4, but I need to hit 60 to use any WT4 items. So there isn't a dire need for me to switch up my build.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 27, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

flashman posted:

By nerfing the player and also the content they keep the player feeling relatively as powerful as they did pre-nerf and also allows them to build both the player and the content up in other ways that don’t rely on the vuln/crit focus.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Basically they did a stat squish like what you see in WoW once in a great while. It’s just they felt they had to do it like a month after the game came out which honestly doesn’t inspire confidence with their vision for the game lol.

They were majorly shook by the Reddit comments

Which is not a great sign as you say

(All in imho opinion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They did it too early. Should have held it until the new endgame was ready.