Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Flowing Thot posted:

Played about 9 hours as a sorc, taking thing’s slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

chird posted:

Downloading now, apparently it released a bit early. I expect I can use the time as an extended beta, try out all the classes, build renown, etc.

PC or Xbox? I can't get it to download on PC

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Peachfart posted:

Also able to download on PC through Gamepass. Is pretty seamless compared to the nightmare of getting the EA app to work through Gamepass.
1) Search for Diablo in the Gamepass app. Click on it and it will tell you it needs to install battle.net, and this will happen even if battle.net is already open. Just let it 'install'.
2) Battle.net will want to associate to both a Gamepass account(which will be filled in if you followed step 1) and a battle.net account. Create or login to a battle.net account. Read the notice that says when you link these accounts, they are linked for the next year.
3) The accounts are linked and it will sign into battle.net. Go to Diablo 4 and start downloading.
Edit 1: (Note that I haven't finished downloading the game yet so I'm not certain D4 will start right now, will let you know in a few minutes when the download finishes)
Edit 2: Works fine. Logged in and watching cutscenes now.

Thanks for the help. That is exactly what I did, but it was still giving me an install error in the Windows 11 Xbox App and the game page in the battle.net app was sending me to the regular purchase landing page.

Turns out that account link didn't complete for whatever reason. In case anybody else gets an install error after doing all of the above:

1) Go to battle.net in your web browser and log in
2) Click on your account in the the top-right and go to Account Settings
3) Click on the Connections link in the left side
4) Finish linking your Xbox Network account on that page

After that, the battle.net app should update and you should be able to install straight from that or by clicking install on the Xbox app.