Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I just don't get that guy. What does he do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

does anyone else always think lorient is a bbc final score abbreviation of leyton orient?

Isn't it?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

lol Tony Khan is about to do some incredibly unhinged posts about this

I thought he only cared about wrestling?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I love him a little bit more now.

Especially as he once said "I will not lose as I have lots of money" but I don't think he would ever kill someone on purpose.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

pik_d posted:

What the gently caress is the point of Kane going to Bayern then?

to win poo poo

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

pik_d posted:

Yeah but without the Sane Mane Kane lineup trio, who cares?

I see mane is off but nothing about Sane.

Not that matters as this is the football equivalent of foakes stokes woakes playing for England.

Took me a second to get there.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Rice I can understand as there seemed to be others ready and able but no-one was in for Kane after Utd pulled out.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Spurs doesn’t need to sell Kane, Bayern really want him and Kane was reported as willing to sign a new contract if transfer talks fall through. I think €100m would be pretty reasonable.

Wtf would he sign a new contract!

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Vegetable posted:

At Kane’s age it’s probably wiser for him to either push for the transfer or sign Spurs’ big new contract. Waiting for next summer is a bit of a gamble.

Why are you disrespecting future Euros Winner Harry Kane?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gonna lol when they get nothing next year

Hope he moves to Arsenal for maximum lols

(gently caress Arsenal)

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Why would Brentford agree to this?

If Brentford are setting themselves up to be a club that develops talent for the big boys doing something like this makes them a very attractive supplier to work with.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Boehly is an American, there's every chance he thinks he can bribe UEFA into letting him be.

UEFA is well known for not being corrupt

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Who is going to be their keeper?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

They now have 8 and that includes

• one who hasn't made a senior appearance in midfield and will be going on loan (Hall)
  • one who has mostly played Serie B (Santos) except for 6 top flight appearances in Brazil
  • and one who has played 750 minutes of senior football (Chukwuemeka)

I hate to do this but they only have 2 top quality midfielders in Enzo and Moises, which isn't enough if you want to challenge City or Arsenal (god I feel dirty saying that).

I love Gallagher as a palace fan but he doesn't seem to work at Chelsea (please come back) so he has to go into the second tier along with Lavia (if they get him) and Chukwuemeka.

The rest are too young or experienced to be anything other than bit part players.

I would argue they are still a player short but that does depend on the formation they are planning on.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Maybe they wouldn’t have to pay £160m for two new midfielders if they didn’t sell Kovacic this window for a fraction of that price

I don't get Kovacic. I have no idea what his role is in a team apart from being generally a bit above average in a mason mount kinda way.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Bit of a whiplash going from a career defining move to making a career defining move

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

This reminds me of when I played Champ Manager and I would sell all my fullbacks as would always switch to a back three

Ahead of time I see

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

tristeham posted:

suspiciously cheap

I thought that pep hated him

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I hope those players have got some sort of yearly increase in there as they are going to be mighty pissed when everyone else is on £1m and they are struggling on £250k

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

NotNut posted:

I don't really watch soccer but I do like flop compilations, and I'm wondering about something I see in them from time to time. When players casually touch the heads of members of the opposing team. Is there a name for that? How common is it, and are there particular circumstances where it happens most often?

Not aware of a name but it is a general sign of affection but in a blokey way.

Lots of hugging and stuff goes on on the training ground and this is an extension of it.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

TAA to right wing, job done.

Along with buying a new rb that can play cb and dm.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

ligue 1 more like league 1

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Xabi posted:

They all look the same to you eh?

The French aren't human