Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Slotducks posted:

still won't - as long as sevilla exists
that would only be the 2nd funniest spanish team to finish 3rd in their CL group and drop down to knock us out.

the funniest obviously being real madrid. we'll never escape them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

This is a good example why city have a lower net spend than you'd expect, they literally never have to compromise when filling a position and so rarely need to buy twice.
this is funny to read considering Pep's first few years were all about signing a couple defenders for about £50m each every year, getting upset at them at some point*, and then repeat until the defence finally works. Took him half a decade and nearly half a billion quid, but he figured it out in the end.

edit: * except Kyle Walker, who as far as I can recall has just been a good boy from day one

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 22, 2023

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Bea Nanner posted:

list of free agents:

Daichi Kamada
Had to go double check this, because it seems wild to me that someone as good as him is just available for free, and he is! He's 26, and more than good enough for a mid-table Prem side imo, given how good he was for Frankfurt in the last few years.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sounds like an NXT trainee

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

de gea was poo poo except for all those times he put in a motm performance against my team to help squeak out an unearned draw

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Not confirmed yet, but it's looking like United are getting Onana. It's worryingly annoying that Ten Hag wasn't ruined by the British press and the burden of managing the biggest clowncar in English footy, and he's instead signing actual quality players that can fit into his system now. I can only hope that the same cosmic rays that somehow transformed van de Beek and Sancho from talented and useful players into the footballing voids they are now do the same thing to Onana and Mount.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Manchester United posted:

Selling him for a little under 2m euros in 2027, seems like a mistake now.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

*Harry Kane voice*

Ich bin ein Municher

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Ulio posted:

Caicedo and rumor mills in Spain saying Real might be interested as well.
I swear to loving god

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

sticksy posted:

The Photoshops are somehow getting worse

i don't know what's funnier, the horribly warped west ham shirt which looks like it's being worn by a fat man juxtaposed against kudus's large neck and lean arms, or the pokemon card game bubble background

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Ornstein and Paul Joyce (Liverpool's main transfers guy) are both reporting that we're sorting out a deal for Ryan Gravenberch, which is cool but also a bit of a weird move. He wants to leave Bayern because he's not getting enough game time, but if he wants to play as an 8 here he'll be behind MacAllister/Szobaszlai/Thiago (when fit) in the pecking order, and Jones and Elliot have established themselves as reliable rotation/backup options that he'll have to get past too, so I doubt he'd get that much more game time with us than he would with Bayern. I doubt he'd be trusted as a 6, he's too attacking and would further upset the balance of an already imbalanced team.

Also, and most importantly of all, I've had him in 3 different FM teams and he was loving dogshit each time.

All that said, considering his age and how highly he was sought after until last summer, £20m is worth the punt. Klopp is supposedly really high on him too, and he wants to join us, so maybe he'll be sick and good and stuff.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

an_mutt posted:

£20m is worth the punt [on Gravenberch]

quote:

Fixed fee €40m

margesimpsondisapprovalnoise.wav

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

given that saudi arabia's window doesn't close for another week or so, this transfer story is only going to get more obnoxious and stressful as the days go by

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

they're more than welcome to make a nonsense bid for salah on the 1st january or the 30th june 2024, as this would give us weeks to line up a replacement for our most important attacker rather than hours.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

in unrelated news, we have a new contender for "coup of the summer":

https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1697560003043881275?s=20

if this goes through then lol. i can only imagine how much chelsea or united or liverpool are gonna pay for him in 12 months time

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Don't the Prem basically have a 5th champion's league spot now because of UEFA coefficient fuckery and the competition changing to having 36 teams in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Antony is the textbook definition of "decent tricksy winger who presses a bit", there are multiple identical people like him floating around Europe, and it's amazing that united paid ninety million quid for him. They'll probably go out and sign someone even worse next summer for a similar fee amidst fan whining of "the manager needs backing in the market" and "have you ever watched a man united game we don't have anyone for the right wing" for the 10th season in a row.

Just waiting to see who, out of uhhhhhhh Trinciao, Stengs, or Chukwueze, has the biggest breakout season this year and that's probably who it will be.

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 7, 2023