Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

an_mutt posted:

Had to go double check this, because it seems wild to me that someone as good as him is just available for free, and he is! He's 26, and more than good enough for a mid-table Prem side imo, given how good he was for Frankfurt in the last few years.

Probably less a function of nobody wanting to sign him and more purposely running down the contract to get signed as a free agent

Would like to see zaha at a big club but hopefully not just riding the bench at psg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

greazeball posted:

I feel like Cavani peaked about 3-5 years too early. Big target men are back in fashion now and he was pretty solid

Here’s an advanced stat for you, only two people in Europe scored more goals than cavani during his career, and you know who they are

EC10 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 7, 2023

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Ulio posted:

I don't mind him taking the money but he was blatantly virtue signaling at every opportunity. I doubt his family would have any financial issues if he never went to Saudi, at his level if you have any investments you are set for life just on dividends.

true, thats why all the other athletes making that much money are always set for life and never end up broke like 5 years later

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

He’s fully sick in Fifa, villa should sign Mbappe and Colman to play with him now

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Just my humble opinion but imo selling a 45 milllion euros rated striker who scored a lot in a top league last season when you have approximately 1.5 strikers is not a brilliant idea

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Ah I forgot better to put that 45 million in Stan kronkes bank account so he can buy another dodge ram or whatever

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Madrid spending 100 million on an over-30 French flair player who was the most fouled player in the premier league for 7 years in a row, and then it turning out even worse than how you would think that would, has to be a contender for the worst transfer ever

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Signing a teenager, playing them for 8 years of mediocrity, and then selling them for peanuts as they are in their prime is just classic arsenal

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TheRat posted:

What about a 28 year old Belgian though?

Was he really only 28? drat

Also genuinely forgot that he wasn’t french

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Looking at some Advanced Stats (expected goals actually scored and expected assists actually made vs expected games played that were actually played) it looks like Antony is really bad. If you go a bit deeper into the hidden stats like cards received, it’s even worse.

Lmao both of these players were like 100million pounds