Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Jose posted:

Todd Boehly has found new and fun ways to gently caress around with transfers

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1665472427155939337?s=20

Don’t worry it’s all collapsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

harperdc posted:

MBS is playing Pro Evo in real life.

Also talking bad about the Saudi league on Twitter is a good way to get a whole lot of Arabic thrown back at you, they don’t like people pointing out they’ve got a Mickey Mouse league that somehow produces teams that go deep in the AFC Champions League.

Lost to good ol’ Urawa though!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Don’t American sports have salary caps?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

sticksy posted:

Comedy answer would be Chelsea and cram another expensive player into their midfield.

I wish there were a chance of Rice. Losing Kante, Kova, probably RLC and Mount will leave us pretty depleted.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Teams I don’t like should sell low, especially to my team. I think we can all agree.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Look if Arteta wanted to win something he wouldn’t have taken the Arsenal job in the first place.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Really wish you bolded this.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I wonder. Apparently Kova missed more games than Kante over the last three seasons.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I always knew Arsenal was worse than the country of Saudi Arabia.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Loftus-Cheek has gone to Milan for £15m which seems crazily low. Not sure about the Chelsea strategy of selling players for low amounts and buying them for high amounts

Getting anything beyond a loan with an option to buy from an Italian club is incredible business.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Arsenal fans are going to be acting like they won the league now. Mostly because few are still alive to remember the last time that happened.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
There were tons of people on Twitter who all wanted Pepe and said how good he was then totally forgot about that and pretended that they always knew he was trash. Like all social media opinions.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea signed 3 players today.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Holy poo poo Falcao was still playing

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Really happy he won a European trophy before joining Arsenal.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lmao apparently after spending a year talking about how much he loves Inter and being an Inter player and planning to stay there forever (despite not actually being employed by Inter) Lukaku is now in talks with Juve and not responding to calls from Inter's management

it turns out he just really hated the chels and loved the bag, and that's very relatable

It’s absolutely hilarious. If Juve pulls out he’s stuck with the Saudis now.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Inter kept lowballing Chelsea.

It would have been funny if Chelsea accepted then this story came out after the deal was done.

Now I want to see the Inter reaction, they were after him until yesterday and now the fact that he was talking to Juve before the CL final came out.

Great stuff.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol no one wants Maguire.

Also in no one wants news, Juventus fans and Lukaku.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

mila kunis posted:

They basically bailed out Chelsea lol

Chelsea got over 120 million from two dumb English clubs and around 40 from Saudi Arabia.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

Wtf is the end game here. I'm truly baffled. This is end of days poo poo.

They dont let him go.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

I think Brighton would be keen and even want to sell him, but only for Rice/Enzo levels of money (or one third of a Kylian Mbappe) which Chelsea don't want to stump up. They probably feel burnt over Cucurella.

Brighton keep saying they want Levi Colwill which complicates things. Really, Chelsea should move on and get another DM for that money and leave Brighton alone with their unhappy player (who would probably end up quickly being rehappy playing on a good team)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How are they still doing that?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It seems like the last few were ‘normal’ and then out pops a smiling 7 years.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Apparently so are Manchester United

And Chelsea.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm not sure Hargreaves can do either of those things

Hahaha

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea deserve that. Wish I still had a Twitter account to watch.

E: Brighton bossed us again. Maybe one of the half dozen Brazilians we bought for Strasbourg for 20 million are the world class DM we need. Could’ve used that 20 and got Caceido months ago now it’s time to pay Southampton for Lavia who just shot up in price.

Ee: Definitely not angry; disappointed.

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 11, 2023

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He’s not swarthy enough for a no fly list.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
C’mon Chelsea let’s do something stupid.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
chelsea please pay 111,000,001 pounds

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oh no a small fine for FFP breaches.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve also heard permanent.

He’s on huge wages so they’ve wanted him out for a while. I can’t see a loan because would leave us short handed for no good reason and I think Marcus Bettinelli is injured. If the club loans him, unless it’s with a big obligation, it’s our stupidest move yet.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Making it even stupider is that Bayern also want to buy Kepa.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

Probably lampard soon enough

Lol I was thinking of Mourinho

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
E: ^ Felix is not considered to be reliable

Hope Todd gives that nerd a swirlie

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Maybe they wouldn’t have to pay £160m for two new midfielders if they didn’t sell Kovacic this window for a fraction of that price

Kovacic had a worse injury record than KANTE, was into the last year of his contract, aging, not overly good and they got 30 million for him. Sure the prices have gone up since his sale but there were enough reasons to sell him if he could be upgraded.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Good thing we have a sister club. Now with Lavia and Caicedo coming in, others will go out.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m glad these big name players are choosing Saudi because it makes it more appealing to Lukaku

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

Could have sworn he'd already left Chelsea.

Didn’t pass the medical at one of the Saudi teams.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Two examples prove the rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

tristeham posted:

olise rejecting chelsea. smart man

Hopefully that’s one less youth player we have to sacrifice.