Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://i.imgur.com/RwWqAty.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That's a shark

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's even more obvious in that clip that it's just the cap of a small wave coming off the boat

if you wanna pretend you saw something that isn't there, head over the UFOs thread

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think we need to take this back to square one: what is a shark?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

it's even more obvious in that clip that it's just the cap of a small wave coming off the boat

if you wanna pretend you saw something that isn't there, head over the UFOs thread

But like as cool as flying sharks would be, if you see a flying shark you have like identified that object as a shark. That's like not even remotely a UFO, and one of many reasons why UFO's are super uncool.

Again still waiting for someone to Frankenstein a shark with wings. Sharknado doesn't count, all the sharks in that died, and also it wasn't real. :(

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
If you guys wanna see a real shark attack video, that poor rear end in a top hat in Egypt can help you out :rip:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if i want to see a shark attack i'd watch Jaws 4: The Revenge again

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

STABASS posted:

documentary released exclusively on twitter

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

STABASS posted:

A very smooth water animal

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mozi posted:

I mean you don't need an excuses to do that. Just a lot of alcohol and no self respect.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

dr_rat posted:

Again still waiting for someone to Frankenstein a shark with wings. Sharknado doesn't count, all the sharks in that died, and also it wasn't real. :(

Can I interest you in a winghead shark?

Eusphyra blochii is a rarely seen member of the hammerhead family that lives in the Indo-Pacific. “Eusphyra” roughly translates to “good hammer,” implying that the rest of the hammerhead species are just posers, which I think is kind of mean.

Mozi posted:

Mods ban this filth

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Bad Purchase posted:

I see where it looks like a wave too
Boat was anchored tho

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

anchoring a boat doesn't stop the water around it from moving

Booty Scope
Oct 11, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I watched a video where a shark scientist thinks it is a shark.

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Bad Purchase posted:

:ironicat:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

anchoring a boat doesn't stop the water around it from moving

Yes it does. It operates on the same scientific principle that allows an airplane to take off from a treadmill.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Booty Scope posted:

And there's bound to be another shark scientist saying it's not a shark. It's like competing expert witnesses in court, except these guys are basing their opinion on a really poor video of the incident.

I'm still somewhat amazed that no-one has been able to enhance the video.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Booty Scope posted:

This shark scientist says that if it's a shark, it's a small one that probably wouldn't have eaten the kid:

https://youtu.be/wHukQNJLKZA

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

One thing we can all agree on, whether there was a shark in the video or not, this guy’s fishfood now.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/ChartBreakouts/status/1665091112518787075

Heard lots of people say that the cruise staff throw food overboard...

Ulio fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 10, 2023

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Ulio posted:

They could have thrown chocolate covered dicks off that ship and that grainy rear end video still wouldn’t show a shark.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigBadSteve posted:

This shark scientist says that if it's a shark, it's a small one that probably wouldn't have eaten the kid:

https://youtu.be/wHukQNJLKZA

The guy shouting WHATS UP GUYS WELCOME SMASH LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE is a definite authority on marine biology

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

It’s very important these guys keep tossing meat over their railing to make sure the sharks keep associating splashes near their worksite with juicy ready to eat snacks, especially if you dislike the new hire.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

They could have thrown chocolate covered dicks off that ship and that grainy rear end video still wouldn’t show a shark.

i agree the drunk guy should have covered his dick in chocolate before jumping in and getting eaten by teh shark (as shown in the video) everyone knows sharks hate chocolate covered dick and wont eat it

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hazo posted:

The guy shouting WHATS UP GUYS WELCOME SMASH LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE is a definite authority on marine biology

But that's how you show support for his channel and if you like his content it really helps him keep making every week shark week!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Ulio posted:

"Lots of people" seem to be overlooking the fact that it's a party boat, not a cruise ship.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lolie posted:

"Lots of people" seem to be overlooking the fact that it's a party boat, not a cruise ship.

Sharks love to party. They're the Venga Boys of the ocean. Source: I am a shark expert.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lots of people seems strangely invested in the kid being eaten by a shark rather than just drowning.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We gotta hold the sharks accountable. Even if they didn't do this one, they did other ones that they got away with.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Lots of people seems strangely invested in the kid being eaten by a shark rather than just drowning.

It seems like a surprising amount of people are caring enough to push back, it's truly strange as someone not invested.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Street Sharks are out, Drunk Sharks are in.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
look here fuckers he got et by a shark or I'll kick your rear end

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
So if this young dumb man did not get suddenly dragged underwater by sharks what is the explanation? Sudden massive ocean currents? Cthulu? Ocean Madness????

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he succumbed to the sea, which is very wet, from the standpoint of water

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

Bad Purchase posted:

yeah, but as a noted raccoon, to you anything wetter than existing outside of Death Valley is insanely humid to you, so maybe let's just chalk this one up to the party sharks who wanted to get wasted. Square.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer Gay So What posted:

So if this young dumb man did not get suddenly dragged underwater by sharks what is the explanation? Sudden massive ocean currents? Cthulu? Ocean Madness????

Inverse rapture

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
In hindsight the tequila shark themed shots were inappropriate and we apologize to the drunken teenagers families at this time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

From the standpoint of water the sea just is, land is a barren arid hellscape where you go to die!
A most correct view point I would say.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

In hindsight the tequila shark themed shots were inappropriate and we apologize to the drunken teenagers families at this time.

I wonder what a shark's favorite drink is. Maybe it depends on the species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Escape From Noise posted:

I wonder what a shark's favorite drink is. Maybe it depends on the species.

I'd have to assume it'd be a Sharkbite, or is that too cliché?