Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DickParasite posted:

Stupidity is stored in the balls!

Good bumper sticker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

I could've beaten it up, pussy-rear end fish

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I nearly drowned in a riptide in the Pacific Ocean when I was 11 years old (or 12 now that I think about). No matter how much I fought for my life, I just couldn’t escape the swirling riptide and I remember slowly losing consciousness and literally started seeing the white light people mention during near-death experiences.

Then, just like that, my head was above water in a calm part of the ocean, and I was coughing up water. Nobody on the beach ever saw me, and I never told my family what happened until decades later :staredog:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

You Are A Elf posted:

I nearly drowned in a riptide in the Pacific Ocean when I was 11 years old (or 12 now that I think about). No matter how much I fought for my life, I just couldn’t escape the swirling riptide and I remember slowly losing consciousness and literally started seeing the white light people mention during near-death experiences.

Then, just like that, my head was above water in a calm part of the ocean, and I was coughing up water. Nobody on the beach ever saw me, and I never told my family what happened until decades later :staredog:

What makes you think you survived?
:iiam:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

What makes you think you survived?
:iiam:

I never said I did :ghost:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You Are A Elf posted:

I never said I did :ghost:

Welcum to hell. :unsmigghh:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Are A Elf posted:

You Are An Fish

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
mixed feelings. on one hand, it's tragic for someone so young to die unexpectedly like this. on the other hand, what did he expect when he chose the pirate life?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Let the KIDS! be eaten by what they want.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i blame five nights at freddys for getting kids into vore

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that does not look like a shark to me, just some shadow coming off the boat if anything. i don’t think the kid would’ve been able to see a shark to know to swim away from it in that choppy water either.

anyway it’s extremely blurry, i don’t know how anyone can be certain from the footage. witnesses on the boat would be able to say if they saw a shark though, maybe the op should contact them and update the thread?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Baxter posted:

A drunk kid?

That shark is clearly a predator.

lol

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Bad Purchase posted:

that does not look like a shark to me, just some shadow coming off the boat if anything. i don’t think the kid would’ve been able to see a shark to know to swim away from it in that choppy water either.

anyway it’s extremely blurry, i don’t know how anyone can be certain from the footage. witnesses on the boat would be able to say if they saw a shark though, maybe the op should contact them and update the thread?

When sharks attack something on the surface of the water, there tends to be a lot of thrashing about involved. They're not like crocodiles who roll and drag their prey underwater.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

what if it was a whale and now he lives in the whales belly

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bad Purchase posted:

I actually thought I saw a quote from a witness that claimed they saw it but I can't find it again. :shrug:

Anyway, it's not the shadows-- the shark is lighter than the water and can be seen between the kid and the boat in the first second and again turning around ahead of the kid at around :03. Look for the subcarangiform/gentle serpentine swimming pattern of the lighter shape and it's unmistakable.

Some other tweet says you see the shark grab him exact at :10 after someone says bye bye and someone else says "oh poo poo," and there's definitely a splash but I don't know for sure and I certainly hope not.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I watched the video and didn't see a shark eat him. I did see him get abducted by aliens, so I'm sure he is okay. His butt is probably sore, though.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

aliens don't probe butts :rolleyes:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Hazo posted:

Some other tweet says you see the shark grab him exact at :10 after someone says bye bye and someone else says "oh poo poo," and there's definitely a splash but I don't know for sure and I certainly hope not.

Lots of people on Twitter saying witnesses were yelling about the current.

A Bahamian boat captain posted on reddit that what people think is a shark is actually a wave. He also mentions the current in the area where it happened.

quote:

As a Bahamian captain I feel I should weigh in. It was not a cruise ship. It was a 150ft party boat. They don’t travel fast and we’re probably able to stop pretty quickly, if they were moving at all. They could have been anchored offshore (which would have been worse imo because it would have added complexity of retrieving the anchor before going after him). The area that that vessel operates has some strong currents so he would have been swept away pretty easily. The night that this happened, the weather was not great and quite overcast with isolated heavy downpours. And some breaking waves. Regarding the “shark” that everyone claims to see at 3 seconds. It’s NOT a Shark. If it was we would have seen him get attacked less than a second later. What you saw was a wave breaking and the white cap left behind from it. He likely started fighting against the current to get back to the vessel after disappearing into the darkness and soon wore himself out. At that point he either drowned or attempted to float which would have disorientated him.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 3, 2023

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hazo posted:

Yeah, there's more to the video and a very clear grey head that pokes out by his legs and goes back under and so do his legs.

edit: It's such bad quality maybe it's a splash. I dunno.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Underage drinking huh :cop:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

sigher posted:

edit: It's such bad quality maybe it's a splash. I dunno.

It's terrible quality and the witnesses aren't used to looking into the ocean at night (and at least some of them are drunk).

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Chief McHeath posted:

what if it was a whale and now he lives in the whales belly

Maybe he just wanted to exact revenge on the man who ruined his mother's life.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Lolie posted:

When sharks attack something on the surface of the water, there tends to be a lot of thrashing about involved. They're not like crocodiles who roll and drag their prey underwater.

I dunno what happened in the video but this isn't really true, there's plenty of accounts of sharks taking people where they just disappear underwater

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Hazo posted:

I actually thought I saw a quote from a witness that claimed they saw it but I can't find it again. :shrug:

Anyway, it's not the shadows-- the shark is lighter than the water and can be seen between the kid and the boat in the first second and again turning around ahead of the kid at around :03. Look for the subcarangiform/gentle serpentine swimming pattern of the lighter shape and it's unmistakable.

Oh man that's exactly right I turned up the brightness on my phone

Turn up the brightness and you can totally see it oh God

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Omfg. Goons. 😂

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Doy ou think getting ate by a shark hurts real bad?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Nooner posted:

I’ve often thought that even if you are tortured and in the greatest of pain…once you die it means nothing. You’ll never be able to remember it or suffer again. Your dead and incapable of feeling it.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’ve often thought that even if you are tortured and in the greatest of pain…once you die it means nothing. You’ll never be able to remember it or suffer again. Your dead and incapable of feeling it.

Won't you take me to funky town

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Nooner posted:

Quite a few shark attack survivors have said that they didn't realise anything was wrong until they saw blood and realised it was theirs. Others describe it as feeling like they've been hit by a brick wall. Possibly because sharks' teeth are so sharp, pain doesn't seem to be one of the immediate things felt by those bitten.

A daytime shot of the boat and the wake it generates. The weather was bad the night this happened so the water was probably rougher.

https://twitter.com/Its420inFl/status/1664121517007855616

Lolie fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 3, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i think its a crazy current, you see him swimming really hard at first facing left possibly directly against the current, who knows how long hes been in the water at this point and maybe hes getting tired, then he turns around and is gone, bye bye, the shark ate him later

conclusion: gently caress the ocean

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 3, 2023

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

numberoneposter posted:

i think its a crazy current, you see him swimming really hard at first facing left possibly directly against the current, who knows how long hes been in the water at this point and maybe hes getting tired, then he turns around and is gone, bye bye, the shark ate him later

conclusion: gently caress the ocean

Especially of a night, he wouldn't have even seen the current before jumping in. People who aren't used to swimming in the ocean usually do all the wrong things if they get caught in a undercurrent.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Hazo posted:

This happened last Wednesday but I only recently saw it and it's pretty :yikeseroo:

An 18-year-old from Louisiana who graduated high school three days earlier went on a pirate-themed booze cruise in the Bahamas with a bunch of other new graduates. At some point during the night somebody allegedly dared the kid to jump overboard. He did while people filmed it. He vanished almost instantly. The search was called off after one day.

Most people know you obviously never, EVER gently caress around and jump off a cruise ship, even a small one like this pirate gimmick. For one, people can disappear fast, especially at night. I think roughly 25% of people who fall from cruises are recovered (which is honestly higher than I expected). Plus, sea life, including sharks, are drawn to the scraps, noise, and structure of a large boat in the open ocean.

The video is grainy and you don't see anything graphic or even definitive, but it might be :nms: if you're twitchy about the ocean.

Twitter link to video: https://twitter.com/clipsthatgohard/status/1663522639682629632?s=20
You can find the brief video at any of the news articles about the incident like this one from Yahoo News)

Now, if you look carefully at the beginning, the kid appears to jump in right next to an 8-10 foot shark which quickly turns towards him. He seems to see it and starts swimming away from both the shark and a life preserver. The camera catches a few more glimpses of him as he drifts farther away before he just disappears under the water.

hosed up stuff.

Thanks for sharing a video of a kid getting eaten by a shark I guess.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DickParasite posted:

Not just young human men either. Majority of the fossilized mammal skeletons are male.

Stupidity is stored in the balls!

So what you are suggesting is that all the lady dinosaurs are still out there somewhere, chilling?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Odddzy posted:

Thanks for sharing a video of a kid getting eaten by a shark I guess.

It's the circle of life

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lucky with that you black out real quick iirc

I'd definitely prefer it that way

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

I. M. Gei posted:

Yeah but it shows him vanishing in the water before the camera pans away. We don't know if he's alive right now so for all we know it's still possible he went under and drowned at that moment.

can't drown if you get eaten by a shark

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BigBadSteve posted:

Let the KIDS! be eaten by what they want.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I didnt want this kid to get eaten

I jumped into a lot of place i wasnt supposed to junp into and didnt get eaten

Its kinda hosed up he got eaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

can't drown if you get eaten by a shark

He didn't die of being eaten by a shark, he died with being eaten by a shark, tyvm