Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

So, I was writing in my diary today, as you do, and I ask myself why on Earth does Word not recognize “daren’t” as a word? I regularly throw it obscure drug and botany names and it doesn’t blink. Is “daren’t” really less understood than “aconitine”?

Please provide your own spellcheck blunders and/or relentlessly make fun of me. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Daren’t speculate, op.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
So are you like the Fraiser character on Cheers? I’m sure you’re a hoot at the pub, OP.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

ive never once seen a grammar suggestion from Word or Drive that wasn't completely stupid

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Word corrects god to God out of respect for the dude I guess.

The problem is god allowed anime, and does not deserve respect

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Oh a goon that doesn't like anime :allears:

Jun 2, 2023
your're like spellcheck blunders and i'm like spellcheck: off

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
here's a fun game: you put your favorite sex things into your computer/phone and if it says it's a word that means it likes it and if it says it's not that means it doesn't. so you do that a few times and then you can imagine what kind of sex things you could consensually do to your computer/phone if it was like, so equipped to do that

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
C h e c k

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I refuse to let spellcheck make me use the American spelling of judgement.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I tried to type mofos today, because that is a word in my vernacular, and spellchecker thought I wanted 'morose'.

3 times I had to correct it. Motherfucker I just don't want to have to type motherfucker every time. Mofo. Mofo.

Goddamnit.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Smelldreck

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I ducking love spell check

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Daren’t speculate, op.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Nothing but contempt for spellchekc users

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Is that like the opposite of Darren?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Whilst spellchecking I

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

neato burrito posted:

No no, it's phonetic. Used when saying "sorry I forgot to pay daren't"

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

I am very possibly Frasier, although I try not to speak with anything but my natural northern New England accent. I blame learning my vocabulary largely from books. And I would thank all of you for continuing the thread I made while slightly inebriated.

neato burrito posted:

I went to school when a Darrin. Of course, everyone called him called Derwood.

K3nT3n
Oct 8, 2015
If you see me posting my own tweets, please report me so I will be probated for a month.
trans c_n dental

Get it?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't like how autocorrect insists that god should be capitalized and I always have to go back and make it lower case.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Daren’t speculate, op.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

daren’t no ice in this soda machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I wish there was a spellcheck for real life. Last night when I was scrawling my unhinged ravings on the wall of my cell with my own poo poo, I spelled “warden” “warnden” and now the whole pod is mocking me