Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hughmoris posted:

Is Siri any good these days?

It's easily the worst of the "assistant" apps and I don't see that changing...ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

incoherent posted:

Car mfg are revolting against letting carplay do much outside of infotainment. We're stuck unless apple pays or the customer.

Yeah it's pretty lovely - I have no freaking clue why car companies are starting to fight against it.

It became a solved problem and now they are unsolving it. I probably won't buy a car unless it has Carplay support.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I just figured there were legitimately Gen Z using tablets the way I would use a laptop

They largely are - we aren't the target demographic for iPad OS.

Three Olives posted:

I mean, it scales for poo poo. This is what it looks like on my car, it's silly.

That is an Apple problem, not a car manufacturer problem

Hahahaha, that's legitimately hilarious, sorry you gotta put up with that my dude. I have a tiny 8 inch screen on my Leaf and it actually looks really good there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Three Olives posted:

My husband legit exclusively uses his iPad for everything, he has literally not touched a real computer at home in years.

Honestly I use my iPad for 90% of my browsing and general home use. I use my laptop for specific purposes but it's mostly just the iPad. If I could commit to using a magic keyboard with it I probably would never use my laptop.

So I'm kinda with your husband on this one.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Apple's favorite topic to talk about - Gaming!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I refuse to believe Game Mode is going to do a drat thing for gaming on MacOS.

Just get a PC already if you wanna game on PC.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is...not what I expected.

Finally, Death Stranding on Mac!

Edit: Oh poo poo I was being sarcastic, they're really doing this?

Well, enjoy your walking simulator I guess.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hughmoris posted:

I thought Death Stranding flopped. Is good?

It's...eh. The first couple of hours are incredible and peak Kojima madness. Then you realize that's the entire game and it's hard to really care about it going forward.

So how much is 120 minutes of Kojima insanity worth to you?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

incoherent posted:

This is already done in teams.

Yeah this is real dumb NGL

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

GoatSeeGuy posted:

We've added Zoom Fatigue to Mac and we think your micromanager boss that demands you keep your camera on while at work is gonna love it!

Wait people actually demand this? I'm almost never on camera on meetings, and certainly never while in my home office.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Craig you couldn't possibly look more like a boomer if you tried.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean Airpods slap and it's easily Apple's best current product but what else can you really...do with them?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Baronash posted:

A really, really expensive Mac Studio

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

No passengers in the car you can fuckoff with your Shareplay. If I'm driving I dictate what's being played.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Hmm, how many cars in bluetooth range will have this enabled in a Traffic Jam?

Rickrolling people around me in bumper to bumper traffic? Hmm, you've sold me on this idea.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh hey Apple's second best current product - the Watch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Huh...I actually really like this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Why are they demoing this on the poverty spec watch?

Sorry the Ultra is ugly and obnoxiously large.

They're not gonna demo it on the beefy boi 3XL Watch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

this is left-hand bigotry... i'm not even completely left-handed though.

Don't let them talk you down they're just jealous they haven't been gifted with the beauty that is left handedness.

We are the perfect ones - they are the flawed ones.

Three Olives posted:

Tracking my water on my Apple Watch.

I refuse to believe anyone actually does this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

hatty posted:

Can’t left handed people just put the witch on upside down? Does the watch not rotate?

You can use it all four orientations. If you're right handed (so watch is on your left wrist) you could wear it "upside down" if you wanted to.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Finally Apple is caring about mental health.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

wait. Am I doing something wrong? I'm left handed and put the watch on my left wrist, oriented correctly so the crown is on the upper right corner.

So ignore what Apple is showing - they do it because it's easier to display in a presentation. The "proper" way to orient the watch is to have the crown is on the outside - away from your hand. So lower left on left wrist or upper right on right wrist. But you could wear it the other way if you wanted to, so there isn't a true "wrong" way.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I alternate which wrist I use my watch to keep the suntan line at a minimum. :smug:

Huh, that's honestly a brilliant idea. I golf a ton so I got a pretty good tan, but my right wrist is pale as hell because of my watch.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man....really Apple? This is what you've got?

At some point why are you even bother releasing this?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Vision Pro - the product if you want to be Apple 24/7

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Content creators are gonna have a field day with this

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This feels so loving dystopian.

I think I legitimately hate it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh gently caress off I am not using an air keyboard.

That's gonna be such hot garbage.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh sweet, Apple and Disney partnership.

I can't think of a more evil group.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This feels like 3d TVs again. I heard these same spiels back then.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gloom posted:

Up to this point it felt intriguing to me, but not dystopian. "What if your imaginary friends weren't so imaginary" turned the creepiness way up.

Ready Player One vibes

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't see this product doing anything but bombing hard.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

the gently caress is a "super battery"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

buglord posted:

I feel like they have the best shot at doing this, but I’m curious how much time and money they’re gonna put into this if it doesn’t sell as well as they hoped.

It’s probably too early to guess, who knows if they say it today... What does everyone think the price is gonna be?

My guess is $1999.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

That seems low considering it's an Apple product with all this poo poo going on in it.

Yeah but if it's any more expensive than $1999, which already feels like a lot, then it's going to be a nonstarter for the overwhelming majority of the population, especially in the current economy.

Which, again, why loving bother with this product?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My...Persona?!

I am Thou, Thou Art I.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gen 2 Vision Pro lookin' real good.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh sweet, the 2023 Alfa Romeo F1 car.

Now I too can learn how to build an absolute shitbox!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Bro I don't believe you for a loving second that privacy and security are important to you with this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gently caress off Apple.