Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
the VR/AR thing is something I don't really have an interest in, but I am really curious to see how Apple markets it and how they portray John Public using it. I want to know if they're gonna push it for "gaming" so whales can play match-3 games with the king/teddy bear/garden guy in glorious VR, or if you can...somehow pair it with your phone and send messages/read emails/watch apple tv in some really weird roundabout way?

More immediate to myself, im curious if they're gonna fix stage manager/multitasking in iPad OS 17 or if they're just gonna avoid it entirely and lean on how some certain new iPad OS 17 feature FCP/some other professional-lite apps better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

magiccarpet posted:

I can't see this going sideways immediately

I already have half of my friends contact photos as purposefully unflattering

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Ok FaceTime video messages own. I’m excited for it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Check-in something my mom is gonna love because she’s always about that when I’m traveling and I forget half the time to text her when I’ve made it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Hughmoris posted:

Who the hell cares about stickers? Am I getting pranked?

Gonna make stickers out of my friends doing the 👉👌 sign

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Ducking confirmed.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

smackfu posted:

Who wants more voicemail?

To harass and be harassed by my friends when either of us don’t answer eachothers midnight FT calls.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Hughmoris posted:

Is Siri any good these days?

No it’s terrible lol. Sometimes it rejects a command thinking you asked it something it doesn’t know how to do, when it did it perfectly yesterday with the same command.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Gonna poop a brick if they completely ignore multitasking lol

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Did they just confirm fully resizable windows on stage manager, finally???

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
“Apollo for Reddit” not for long, Craig :smith:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Come to think of it, death stranding is the perfect mac game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
You can make…premium shortcuts now?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

SLOSifl posted:

(On a first date)

Every speaker in the house blasts ASMR frogs blowing eachother

Siri: bedtime for baby who's a little weak baby

Lights go down and a slideshow of frogs plays on the TV and ipad

Date: wait you do frogblast nite nite too?!

This is why I have been on this site for 13 years.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
$2999 dollars

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Hughmoris posted:

It's Apple. I ain't gonna bet against them.

I feel like they have the best shot at doing this, but I’m curious how much time and money they’re gonna put into this if it doesn’t sell as well as they hoped.

It’s probably too early to guess, who knows if they say it today... What does everyone think the price is gonna be?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
“Runs virtually silent” so there’s a fan in there?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
First guess on pricing is $2999, with them potentially going as low as $2499 so the press could call it “surprisingly affordable given apple’s quality!”

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Nope do not want a persona. Absolutely not.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
$3500 lmao

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean I legit would love that ar head of me right now. I feel awkward on video calls because the camera placements and poo poo are weird and it would be cool if I could just scan my face and then turn off my camera forever.

I’d prefer my potential shy coworkers just turn off the cam instead of using their persona thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Jose Oquendo posted:

IYG has no mods and I hate to backseat mod, but the best thing to do is not give TO any attention.

Maybe it’s time to close the thread. We got what we came here with the funny googles and the (imo) actually decent iOS 17