Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out

badjohny posted:

It starts at 3500. So that means the price goes up. It isn't going to even come with a battery for 3500.

They are obviously going to come out with a non pro version, so I was watching it again to see what they could cut out to make it cheaper. The first thing to go is the front facing eyeball screen. Other than looking creepy, it serves no purpose. They could remove the audio and make it use headphones. The hand control cameras could go and they could sub in a mouse/keyboard/gamepad.

I think I am in the same boat as a lot of people. I don't mind what this device is, but nothing they showed me said it is something that is needed. They needed to come out swinging with games, apps, and real world uses. Nobody is going to wear this around the house while they do day to day stuff and they use it when a face time call hits. They will plan on a FaceTime call and put it on. The stuff walking around the house doing normal things just blew my mind. Who did they talk to that said they would do this?

I just hope if they do a non-Pro version I'll still be able to do professional things like.. -rewatches video- stand at my standing desk, review my todo list and notes, use Safari, write an email and listen to music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU