Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I want to see emoji reacts in iMessage instead of ❤️ 👍 👎 Ha Ha !! ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr posted:

I want to see emoji reacts in iMessage instead of ❤️ 👍 👎 Ha Ha !! ??

FINALLY
iOS 17 Messages adds emoji tapbacks, stickers, audio message transcription, more

9to5mac.com posted:

Apple announced a bunch of new features for iMessage in iOS 17. This includes emoji tapbacks and a new emoji stickers interface. The little-used iMessage apps have also been hidden away behind a sub-menu, for a cleaner and simpler overall design.

Other new features include automatic transcriptions for voice messages. You can also Check In for end-to-end encrypted location sharing notifications with friends.
For busy group chats, iMessage will now make it easier for you to catch up later by automatically scrolling back to the first unread message.

‘Check In’ is a new feature that lets others know that you safely arrived at a destination. If you set up a check in session and you don’t arrive on schedule, your close friends in the conversation can be notified. You can also now do inline location sharing, with your location pinned on a map.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Boris Galerkin posted:

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/res...%20%2469%2C717.

according to this the mean income in the US was nearly 100k in 2021 and the median was nearly 70k. that's a lot of millions of people that can afford it though.

i'm not defending the price, but it's clear there is a market for these high priced extravagances if you'd step back and look at the bigger picture

also, it's a first gen product. it's going to run like poo poo and be priced like poo poo. we can expect the 2nd gen to be cheaper and more accessible.
$70,784 is median household income

you need like $150,000 – $160,000 each year for a $500,000 mortgage.

childcare costs 18% of the median household income for a family with children under 6 in WA

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Sock The Great posted:

I am also pretty certain we will all own one (or some version of this) in 5 - 7 years.

Been saying this about the HomePod