Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is the worst new product announcement Apple has done since the iPod run started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah it's not the hardware/form factor I'm mad about, it's the fact that their demo was floating windows. They're doing what PocketPC phones were doing right before the iPhone came out and redefined the experience.

Also lol at not acknowledging what the goggled person looks like on facetime (unless I missed it because I had to... jump on a work Teams call).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus christ

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean I legit would love that ar head of me right now. I feel awkward on video calls because the camera placements and poo poo are weird and it would be cool if I could just scan my face and then turn off my camera forever.

One of the dumb 3d avatar tools you can use right now is 1000% better than the uncanny valley junk. Also gently caress any person/company forcing cameras on (not saying your's does).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sock The Great posted:

Getting a lot of iPhone 2007 (too expensive, AT&T only) and Apple Watch 2015 vibes here. I too think the Vision Pro is a solution in search of a problem and likely doesn't have a market at the moment.

I am also pretty certain we will all own one (or some version of this) in 5 - 7 years.

The thing with the iPhone, iPad, watch, and many other product launches is it was clear they were making the best in class product, and some scoffed at pricing.

This is being sold as “what if you did everything on a tv or computer happened on a headset” without offering any truly new or exciting experiences. They didn’t show anything no one was thinking of or anyone thought was impossible.

And maybe it’s just an immature launch because of Cook, but the software looks like a OSX hack or third party program.