Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’m going to predict new software!!!!

ChAtppleGPT

You can ask Apple what Steve Jobs would do if he dated Grimes instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That poster who asks for a new mac pro every year is gonna be hyped.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
CVS is gonna be so weirded out by all these failed check ins from me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat we can say gently caress now. iOS17 blessed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't want a journal that I can't stuff full of CSS.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Is Siri any good these days?

As someone with very low expectations for it I say it's Fine. Pretty much does what I ask of it which is to pause something's playback or to write a note while driving.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat, Death Stranding got a glow up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Wow Craig shreds.. . love that original song he made up.... . . . . . .

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

One hour down. Have we seen anything exciting yet?

You can type "gently caress" now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This poo poo is gonna be great when we all are hiding from bird flu next year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That is a good feature since this is how I try to do it anyway then I remember it doesn't work like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

if everything is based off the digital crown... really not loving it for right wristed watch wearers

I'm a right-wrist-wearer and this post is confusing me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I probably would never use any of this compass stuff but I like it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

wait. Am I doing something wrong? I'm left handed and put the watch on my left wrist, oriented correctly so the crown is on the upper right corner.

Apparently all of us lefthanders use the watch completely differently.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

if you wear it on your left-wrist your right hand doesn't have to make sure its not covering the watch face when you're using the crown. on the right-wrist you have to slightly contort your left hand to not cover your screen. this is fine if its just to do a couple of things but if they're involving the crown more now then it's going to get more annoying imo. maybe it won't feel like that once the update comes out.

doesn't seem like it. is there a setting to flip this.

I just make like a C with my hand around the watch and control it with my finger like that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is like an upscaled version of the ways I use VR (giant desktop, Google Maps, movies) but I don't really feel like it was good use of money and it surely is going to be like at least 1/2 of what this thing costs..

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This feels like a parody.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

that eyesight thing made me laugh pretty hard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am going to say that I think this is cool but also it surely will be too expensive for me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

badjohny posted:

I think it's pretty cool as a concept...but they haven't really shown any app that makes me want to buy it. All of this seems easier on a Mac/iPad.

where are there VR games?

yeah basically. I'm like "nice concept" but I couldn't figure out a way to use it. But that is also how VR has been for me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao at all the apple devs trying to change the history of Lakers/Warriors in their AR goggles. Warriors fans really all are monkeus at heart.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The mental health alert on my watch is popping off

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

So... does this fundamentally do anything that an Oculus Quest won't do? Agreed with the person who said the best use case for this is watching movies on a plane.

As far as I can tell it's just basically as if you were seeing passthrough all the time instead of being in your Oculus home.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okay being able to put a simulated best version of myself on Zoom would be cool and would at least reduce my anxiety of being on camera slightly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well they put it in text, that must be true.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
People in the thread posting prices that they thought were joke high coming in low.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

bobfather posted:

Loved the lady on the plane using the dial to immerse herself in a desert while watching a movie rather than the hell on Earth that is flying economy these days.

That was the only part that was effective on me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if the virtual facetime avatar falls asleep when you do. If not that would be great narcolepsy cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Astro7x posted:

I mean, if you're 80 years old and bed ridden, this thing looks amazing I suppose.

Mee-maw good news we aren't going to send you to a home, and we found a more economical way to care for you, believe it or not.