Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I know there will be some push for this in the consumer space, but I have to think a lot of this is also for professionals.

There's a huge push for AR/VR in stuff like healthcare and research/education. Apple has always had a big presence in education, and they've been pushing really hard to have that same presence in health care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I work with a few researchers who do VR stuff and I know they would absolutely love it if Apple provided the hardware and software for it. It's all pie in the sky until we actually see it of course.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

setting my contact poster to Goatse.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

stickers getting love? wow.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Was there really no way to airdrop or otherwise transfer a Contact before?

You can. go to contacts, select a contact, share contact, and airdrop is in the share sheet. this is just a more streamlined way to airdrop poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Gonna need a bunch more iPhones now.

Or a true home assistant device, which is what all this poo poo is tailor made for.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ahahaha look who's here.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I love Kevin Lynch.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

You can use it all four orientations. If you're right handed (so watch is on your left wrist) you could wear it "upside down" if you wanted to.

wait. Am I doing something wrong? I'm left handed and put the watch on my left wrist, oriented correctly so the crown is on the upper right corner.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

here it comes

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

it's not 100% wireless?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

that eyesight thing made me laugh pretty hard.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

Oh sweet, Apple and Disney partnership.

I can't think of a more evil group.

Not the first time. Hell, Iger used to be on Apple's board.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Remember how hard Google Glass crashed and burned because nobody wanted to be seen wearing one

I know some people will do this, but I don't this thing is designed to wear all the time, which Google Glass was.

This device still has the privacy issues that Glass had.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Baronash posted:

What a mindbending amount of privilege to contain in a handful of sentences.

You must be new around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

For real tho, saying “$400k average home prices in my neighborhood means that $3500 for a headset is fine for lots of middle class people” is the most “I know nothing about how real estate is financed in this country, or how the middle class is defined and lives, yet I post” post

IYG has no mods and I hate to backseat mod, but the best thing to do is not give TO any attention.