Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Corb3t posted:

If this isn’t kosher, mods can delete this, but I’m thinking about buying a developer account so I can get access to the iOS beta tomorrow.
Have first betas from major releases been typically stable enough for this to be worthwhile? So far public betas seem to release pretty much the same time as developer betas, starting with DP2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Comparisons to outdated Intel Macs is kind of cheeky bullshit.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Best time for PC users to switch to Mac? Nowadays, a lot of PCs at home do largely just gaming.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh no, they're going to make autocorrect even worse!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Eh, nothing of value. So far no itch to try iOS 17 early.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Speaking of which, I wonder how they're going to weasel out of the iPad calculator this year.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oi, they're dicking with Goodnotes' livelyhood.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Can't wait to see how widgets on Apple Watch will make it worse.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

lmao mentioning Apollo while drama's going on over at Reddit.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Game mode. For what games?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

You really can't convince me that M2 Whatsitsvariants and future M3 will be able to rival NVidia and AMD cards in performance.

--edit: UPS Simulator on Mac lol

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Hope there isn't any new ML based state estimation of my health. Because that'd get me to try the beta.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

lol they featured the big world clock complication. Bold move, considering it's been broken since WatchOS 9.0.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

More useless watch faces. Modular for life.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I sure hope they finally introduce e-bike and e-MTB categories, because regular cycling for these fucks with calorie estimation.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh hey, wasting phone and watch battery on this live activity bullshit, but the same time disabling GPS offloading with AW8 and later.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

GoatSeeGuy posted:

IDGI, if I'm tracking my workout on the watch, isn't the point that I DON'T need my phone on me? For every somewhat useful sounding feature it's just a pile of gimmicks.

I know this is supposed to be more of a performance and bug fixing update, but they've got nothing.
When I'm on my mountain bike, I have my phone with me.

Three things:
- For one, it's in the top compartment of my backpack, facing the sky. So I'd say it has a better view of the sky than my watch, which faces sideways towards trees and poo poo.
- My phone has dual frequency GPS, my watch not.
- My AW6 lasted way longer sports tracking if the phone is near, because GPS was power gated.

That's why I'm a smidge annoyed.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm sure glad there's AR augmented workspaces. Meanwhile I'm still hacking away at multiple TN3270 terminals, wrangling some AS400 apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

"Working on a spreadsheet in Numbers..."

lol what