Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hughmoris posted:

I thought Death Stranding flopped. Is good?

I couldn't get into it... I agree that the first two hours were good, then I got bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jose Oquendo posted:

it's not 100% wireless?

USB-C to a battery pack that you can swap out.

Edit: Not you, but I can already tell people are going to be triggered by a wire.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Apple: We've just launched a new feature that tracks how close the iPad is to your eyes, and encourage you to put more distance between you and your device.

Also Apple: Here are some screens we are going to strap to your face an inch or two away from your eyes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean, this all looks very cool and stuff.

My desire to get it really depends on the price point. I literally just got a PSVR2

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Apple should have at least partnered with Nintendo for some mojo. Nintendo fans would pay $5K for some retro Virtual Boy red goggles

Nah, you'll use Labo to play Breath of the Wilds in 3D at 360p

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
wait... did he just say all day battery life without the battery pack, and 2 hours with? I can't rewind this thing. That makes no sense

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

explosivo posted:

Pretty sure he said "All day battery life while plugged in and 2 hours with the external battery" when 'plugged in' = like to a wall or something which yeah no poo poo

TIL I learned that my iMac has all day battery life.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kirios posted:

Yeah but if it's any more expensive than $1999, which already feels like a lot, then it's going to be a nonstarter for the overwhelming majority of the population, especially in the current economy.

Which, again, why loving bother with this product?

Because it's 1st gen hardware, and people will buy this poo poo to work out the bugs while it's super expensive.

First iPad was $499 and now I can get one for $230.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
lmao... no thanks.

There is no way I can spend that much on a gimmicky thing when I could buy like.... a Mac Studio with a Studio Display for the exact same price.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Boris Galerkin posted:

2 hours on charge iirc

Alright, so to be faaaaair. I read somewhere that it's a USB-C charging cable that goes into a battery. The Apple Battery is 2 hours. There is nothing stopping you from getting a big USB-C external battery and plugging it into that.

Still LMAO at $3,500. For that price just throw in 2 batteries of different sizes you cheap fucks

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Skeezy posted:

He wanted another "One More Thing" moment. Guess the Apple Watch didn't cut it.

*Also the one more thing doesn't hit the same on pre-recorded video.

You're just not watching with the right people

https://twitter.com/mermorph/status/1138487952840024064

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8NiQj4TEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I mean, if you're 80 years old and bed ridden, this thing looks amazing I suppose.