Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
this years wwdc kicks off today at 10am PT

what to expect:
- point upgrades to ios, macos, watchos, et al. rumor mill is predicting a quiet year for big new features. biggest news will probably be grudging support for alternate app stores and sideloading
- some new mac hardware. 15" air is the big rumor, but there is also muttering about new mac studios and possibly even the long promised apple silicon mac pro
- the big one: apples virtual/augmented/mixed reality goggles

where to watch
https://developer.apple.com/wwdc23/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYkq9Rgoj8E

some preview articles
https://www.theverge.com/23728368/wwdc-2023-date-time-live-stream-watch-how-to-rumors
https://9to5mac.com/2023/06/04/wwdc-2023-what-to-expect/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
excited to stick my head up the new apple product

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I can't tell if number will go up because investors are idiots or down because nobody actually wants face computer

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

qirex posted:

I can't tell if number will go up because investors are idiots or down because nobody actually wants face computer

give me the face computer timb

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
actually the 100% worst thing about apple moving into this market are going to be the comics and jokes people try and make with it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
traditionally number goes down in the immediate aftermath of an apple event and then more than makes it back once the knee-jerkers are done

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

excited to stick my head up the new apple product
https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1665709059876462594

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

number usually goes down after each record quarterly profit announcement

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
my expectation is:
- timb and his gang will explain over and over that the $3000 headset is not a mass market product but is in fact a prototype for developers to start developing software and apps with so when the actual mass market version of the headset comes out a year or four there will be apps for it
- three solid months of articles going three thousand dollars for a headset with no software and an external battery pack?!? thats it, its over, apple has jumped the shark, its a complete flop, no one is going to buy this, steve would be rolling in his grave, fire timb, close down the company and give the money back to the shareholders

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
oh no the keynote leaked on the dark web

https://twitter.com/RasmusNielsen/status/1664141303016292354

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

They're gonna start offering versions of all the apple products with alternative logos (aubergine or peach emojis)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
number (of cores) go up!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Really hoping they launch checking accounts.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
god the ar helmet is gonna suck poo poo

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tk posted:

Really hoping they launch checking accounts.

looking forward to the financial products at least you won't be disappointed

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i hope the vr headset makes every other vr headset look like poo poo

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

go play outside Skyler posted:

i guess apple has done it again already then

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/bencsin/status/1665735714326167555

wow where is my swag cremation urn tim

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

i want the melty emoji pin drat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

go play outside Skyler posted:

I mean, it probably will. apple has the tech and the design chops. we're just questioning the fundamentals of the entire product type and whether the cost will be completely outrageous

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

also if it costs $3k or anywhere close to that it *better* blow everyone's socks off whether the product category has a mass market future or not

before anyone post presentation tries to subtract the price of an nvidia gpu off the price: i disagree. making what will no doubt be a great gpu single-purpose tied to the headset makes for a deep discounting of the value. unless the headset can act as an egpu for macs in which case the irony will be that that will likely be it's lasting legacy.

e: with all that said i am looking forward to this and think it'll be a fun interesting thing to have exist.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 5, 2023

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
poasting in the historic apple helmet thread

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

new mac pro looking good

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
where were you when apple announced their ridiculous $3k fanny pack ? the world was never the same. apple has done it again folks

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i have to take eggy for another vet appointment today so i'll probably miss it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm going to lol when this turns out to be true.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the mouths on the memoji are the worst part, they're always so creepy looking

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

that's a fleshlight timb

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
I wonder if sideloading/3rd party stores will be presented as the most amazing thing in the world brought to you by Apple or incredibly grudgingly, feet dragging, EU only and you have to flip 5 switches in settings and sign an affidavit.

Edit: it’s going to be very funny when the next Quest and all the lovely Android headsets have dumb googly eyes added to the front at the last minute.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 5, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Beeftweeter posted:

the mouths on the memoji are the worst part, they're always so creepy looking

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the latter. it's going to silently appear as a buried option and you'll have to learn about it from a third party, unless someone with teeth gives apple a direct order to surface and market it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Pulcinella posted:

I wonder if sideloading/3rd party stores will be presented as the most amazing thing in the world brought to you by Apple or incredibly grudgingly, feet dragging, EU only and you have to flip 5 switches in settings and sign an affidavit.

the latter imo. they probably won't even mention it as a feature

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it'll be a tiny word cloud entry and be 'stores'

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

probably gonna have to send a certified letter to apple park to unlock sideloading on your device

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "beware of mac os x leopard"

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
curious what level of divorced dad energy cue gonna bring today if he’s on stage.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "beware of mac os x leopard"
apple wwdc 2023 keynote live thread: beware of mac os x leopard

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Timb wont allow you to enable 3rd party stores if you had that free U2 album removed from your account.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://twitter.com/ClassicII_MrMac/status/1665757978555740161

Hair Force One reporting for duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hoping for a new MBA- my 2015 MBP is ready for retirement.