Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

Anyone: Canada, stop doing [x]!
Canada: No, the US sucks! :(

its like the kid thats the second least popular kid in class but instead of trying to get better he just punches down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

It looks like Sydney in Beyond Thunderdome.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ooof

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'd believe Blizzard would start a wildfire in Canada to market their game.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 7, 2023

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

:rubby:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol the future rules

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
East coast posting amateur air quality numbers compared to the west usually, get good at breathing particulate scrubs!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I just hope they get things sorted out soon this is crazy, even for Quebec

Praying for Canada

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

love 2 live in a Beksiński painting

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
Sorry about the smoke there bud

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gorgeous Zan posted:

Sorry about the smoke there eh

Ftfy

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I GET IT BECAUSE CANADIANS DO THAT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL XOXOXOXOXOXO GOSSIP GIRL.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
I just got home (a day early) from camping because the smoke was worse in the mountains than it is in my city. :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

I GET IT BECAUSE CANADIANS DO THAT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL XOXOXOXOXOXO GOSSIP GIRL.

indeed

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ars Arcanum posted:

I just got home (a day early) from camping because the smoke was worse in the mountains than it is in my city. :(

Wow I'm so sorry you had to leave the nature to return to a climate controlled building with electricity and running water. If you'd like you can pretend you don't have those things.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

how long is this supposed to last

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Albertan here. I have a coworker with holes in his brain who tells me that it's the leftists starting all of these fires to further the climate change agenda. Climate change, he claims, being a natural Earth process, which we are powerless to counteract meaninfgully and are not responsible in any way for causing, so he says, which justifies, in his tiny mind, the continuation of unabated fossil fuel discovery and usage. And in the same breath I'm also informed that trans people shouldn't be allowed to exist, as they are somehow responsible for everything going wrong with society these days. And also that Ukraine and Russia should just talk it out, as it's Ukraine's fault for the war somehow.

Basically what I'm saying is, feel free to invade, so that he can volunteer to "talk it out" between our two sides.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

XYZAB posted:

Albertan here. I have a coworker with holes in his brain who tells me that it's the leftists starting all of these fires to further the climate change agenda. Climate change, he claims, being a natural Earth process, which we are powerless to counteract meaninfgully and are not responsible in any way for causing, so he says, which justifies, in his tiny mind, the continuation of unabated fossil fuel discovery and usage. And in the same breath I'm also informed that trans people shouldn't be allowed to exist, as they are somehow responsible for everything going wrong with society these days. And also that Ukraine and Russia should just talk it out, as it's Ukraine's fault for the war somehow.

Basically what I'm saying is, feel free to invade, so that he can volunteer to "talk it out" between our two sides.

Wow, makes u think. First they trans our kids, then make our wives leave us due to 'EmOtIoNaL AbUsE!!', and now they're starting fires. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

Wow I'm so sorry you had to leave the nature to return to a climate controlled building with electricity and running water. If you'd like you can pretend you don't have those things.

Hey, I hope the next only tiny vacation you can afford to take gets hosed up, too.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

lol why so tilted

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Because I clearly drove out hauling my 30+ foot Airstream in my coal-rolling lifted Ford 150 and ran the generator the whole 24 hours I was at the campground while laughing about Nova Scotia burning to the ground.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

XYZAB posted:

It is natural, its just that we're totally loving things up by making it happen like 50,000 times faster than if it was doing in on its own.

On a few occasions, I've argued with people who say "the exhaust coming out of your (modern) car's tailpipe is cleaner than when it goes in", so I tell them to park their car in a garage, close all the doors and windows, start the car, and settle in to a chair with a book.

Their response was always "OMG I WOULD DIE"

But uhhhhhh, if its cleaner coming out than going in, you should be fine right?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ars Arcanum posted:

Hey, I hope the next only tiny vacation you can afford to take gets hosed up, too.

It doesn't qualify as a vacation if you don't have high speed internet access.

Ars Arcanum posted:

Because I clearly drove out hauling my 30+ foot Airstream in my coal-rolling lifted Ford 150 and ran the generator the whole 24 hours I was at the campground while laughing about Nova Scotia burning to the ground.

Oh that might be tolerable. I don't know why'd you be laughing about the fire, seems kind of cruel.

edit: I get the 30+ foot airstream but the act of hauling it would be a hassle. No thank you.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 7, 2023

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Upgrade posted:

how long is this supposed to last

The only forecast I’ve seen past a couple days is this for eastern PA from airnow.gov:

Nolan posted:

Over the coming days, expect the air quality to continue to improve in the near term as the overall weather continues to change from the one that impacted our weather over the past few days. The area of low pressure, that began to back in over eastern Canada on Thursday, will finally move out over the next few days as a new storm system builds in from the Great Lakes region. The movement of this storm system near our area will allow all of the smoke to retreat and allow the air quality (PM 2.5, primarily) to improve. However, we could see ozone rise in advance of the frontal passage, as a result of increased sunshine allowing the photochemistry necessary for ozone production to occur. The storm system will press through our area in the late Monday - early Tuesday time frame. As it pushes through, expect some much need rain to provide some much needed water to some very dry yards. After an initial bump down, expect temperatures to rebound in the mid 80s by week's end as more of a zonal wind flow sets up over the area. Overall, air quality levels could still remain elevated over the weekend. The passage of the front though on Monday into Tuesday will provide some brief relief to air quality levels. Air quality conditions will likely rise by week's end (not as high as what we are currently experiencing, thankfully!) as warmer temperatures move in. --Nolan

So probably improving early next week, but maybe still crappy who knows

Pink Mist fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 8, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

we need to start development on fireproof cars

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Or fireproof forests.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
or do controlled burns of your forests every so often so this poo poo don't happen

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Cover your forests in asbestos, problem solved.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Or rake your forests like the Finns do

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
quebecois separatist false flag?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
No, no, this is squarely an American problem. China, India, and Russia are cool, tho.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Stink Billyums posted:

best to just permanently use a respirator

there's a whole thread for that in cspam

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t know what everybody is so worried about. The microplastics already in your lungs will block the particulate matter from the forest fires from doing any real damage.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The micro plastics only make me stronger

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

I continue to enjoy the smokey campfire ambience and cool photos with novel lighting.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Well we can just strip mine all of Northern Ontario now that those pesky trees are out of the way.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Bonzo posted:

Well we can just strip mine all of Northern Ontario now that those pesky trees are out of the way.

Nobody asked but I'm going to strip anyway

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Microplastics kept me from getting covid. Don't forget to lick your foggy ziplock baggies people!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Hey man, YOU'RE the country that did so much drat climate change for billionaires to get richer, don't blame US for you lot not breaking out the guillotines three decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://youtu.be/E_YS8t1xUVc