Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
Come to think of it, we are pretty smart, you're leaps and bounds ahead of your fellow man for even frequenting this website.

But just how are you dumb?

I recently learned that the word 'folly' is an adjective, for instance, thanks, video games. It is most certainly a 'noun'.

I never learned how to parallel park and I get too far away from the curb, I am 32.

I know we all forgot college math and whatnot but in what ways are you reminded that you're soberly reminded that you're severely deficient in some areas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I post Ted lasso threads

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

We are but mayflies along the path of geological time.

All the knowledge of the universe gained in a lifetime is but the tiniest sliver of understanding.

We’re all kinda dumb, really.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
posting in "threads"

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I call memes macros

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

All of them

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m a goon.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like Ted Lasso

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I never learned Calculus.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I think you know

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I don't even know what Calculus is

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

I probably should have figured out how to solve a Rubicks cube by now

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

You Are A Elf posted:

I’m a goon.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I cringe almost every year at some poo poo I did or said years ago, especially in my 20s. Maybe that makes me wiser but I bet I'll find out in 10 years I said something I thought was innocuous that'll be brought up in therapy by my kids.

On th other hand, I do very much acknowledge I'm wrong all the time so c'mon man give me a break.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Passive Aggreeable posted:

I never learned how to parallel park and I get too far away from the curb, I am 32.

40, here. I took my driving test when I was 16, on my birthday. The lady was like "... well, you're close enough. Plus, it's your birthday!"
I'm kinda okay, at it. But, yeah I'd stand out as someone who doesn't know what their doing. Also, I'd probably bash both cars trying to get out.

I'll just park far away and walk.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
You can't just deny someone their driver's license on their birthday how often is that going to happen??

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i just keep waking up, even though i know, without a doubt, that it's a mistake

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably awful at sex with ladies.

I'm also pretty much the hard 6 on the Kinsey scale, so this probably doesn't matter.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

More ways than you OP and that's saying a lot

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

I don't know how to fold a shirt unless its that 2 sec fold that some Chinese lady posted on youtube ages ago

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
i'm an idiot because i logged in after several months. and then posted about it

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I like Ted Lasso

We should probably start a charity for this extremely dumb goon

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I'm probably awful at sex with ladies.

I'm also pretty much the hard 6 on the Kinsey scale, so this probably doesn't matter.

Is there a way to become gayer?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

pencilhands posted:

Is there a way to become gayer?

As far as I know, 6 is maximum gay. If you find a way to turn the knob up to 7 though, please share your findings with the class.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

As far as I know, 6 is maximum gay. If you find a way to turn the knob up to 7 though, please share your findings with the class.

they say everything is impossible until it’s done

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how the economy works

Also unironically magnets

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Any time I can't solve a puzzle in a video game.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Icochet posted:

I don't know how the economy works

Ah, so you're an economics professor?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

the holy poopacy posted:

My college economics professor made us read excerpts from "atlas shrugged" and tried to convince us that child labor was OK because their families needed that money.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I get nervous in public spaces and go tunnel vision real hard. When I'm out with people, they'll ask "Oh my god, did you hear what that guy said to you?" or "Did you see the way that lady was looking at us?" and I never do. Once there was apparently a man angry-screaming at me through a glass window I was staring out of and I... just didn't see him? My sister was freaking out behind me.

It's a wonder I'm not dead.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

the holy poopacy posted:

They at least think they know, and that's the part that really matters

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm lactose intolerant.

But ice cream is worth it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have a natural affinity for mathematics, nothing crazy but just able to dead reckon pretty much any high school level maths and can extrapolate much with that information

Beyond that however much of it might as well be Greek, I just have no idea what is even going on and my auto solve function just shrugs and I feel like a chimp holding a Rubix cube

Also I have some wired mirroring and will write like 2% of my script backwards if I'm half assing my attention

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I work in a very technical environment and I’m the only non-engineer at the firm. I’ve always been terrible with numbers and math — like barely made it through hs math — so I feel like an idiot pretty much all the time. It just doesn’t click.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh, and automotive anything. It's useful, I want to understand it, but I have a mental block. I can feel my brain fuzzing over despite my protests. Worse yet, I look exactly like the kind of lady who doesn't understand cars.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My friend tries to tell me she thinks I'm smarter than her. She's doing a PhD in Neuroscience. I'm a dropout. More importantly, I thought Afghanistan was in South America until I was almost out of high school, because I couldn't wrap my brain about why the USA would travel so far.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I get certain words mixed up like I can’t keep the words breakfast lunch and dinner straight, I’m always saying the wrong meal word. I call the washing machine the dishwasher and vice versa and I once called my bedsheets “bed dishes” because I couldn’t get the right word out.

But my worst dumbness is my lack of a sense of direction. I don’t know if there’s a word for it but it’s always felt like an embarrassing disorder. I would get lost in situations where other people somehow instinctively knew where they were. Not being sure how to get to places I’ve been many times. It was a thing that bothered me and I had to work at being better at, but it has kept me from being adventurous. I would love to be the kind of person who could explore places or hike into the wilderness and find my way back but I know I would wander in a circle for days and die not knowing I was a few hundred feet from a road or something.

Needless to say the widespread availability of GPS came along and saved my rear end.

I am insanely good at parallel parking. I’ll park your car for you on a hill in San Francisco.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I am considerate to people who deserve a kick in the teeth. I take into account the opinions of some of the dumbest motherfuckers I wouldn’t trust with a butter knife. I actually trust people when they ask to be trusted.

Thankfully a lot of that is changing.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
i get the whip date ready by movin the trash to the trunk and reupping on little tree black ice air freshener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

posting in "threads"