Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I feel like people should treat each other well and I get upset when they don't.

e: I strongly believe that. To the top of the page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm too dumb to know how dumb I am :tinfoil:

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
24 hour time

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

not trolled not crying posted:

I feel like I do that a lot, not trusting people etc. I mean. But I'm not smart. I just have a constant fear of failure/people realizing just how dumb I am. I call it impostor syndrome but I actually am the impostor. Most of the things I've "accomplished" in life, I've either cheated in some way or used some cheap psychological trick to get by. And the reason I've done that is because I'm so stupid and also lazy/easily frustrated that I really can't retain any new information I try to acquire. So I try to avoid situations where my shortcomings (there's a lot) would come to light and that makes life somewhat hard and nerve wracking which is a stupid way to live.
Most of the time I'm just waiting for the sword to drop. So, yeah.

:same:

I wanted to post something funny, but then I saw this post and lost the motivation.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

dude just subtract 12 from anything over 12.

but make sure you say thirteen hundred, or zero seven thirty.

and loving 0000 does not exist, for fucks loving sake. it's either 2359, or 0001.

god.

I'm really dumb when it comes to people experiencing emotional pain. I don't know how to react. I say "i'm sorry for that" but that isn't what they want.
"i'm sorry you mom got ate by a tiger. that sucks. do you have the TPS reports?"

(i'm kidding. i'm not that bad.)

but when people I care about are hurting I don't ever know what to do and it drives me insane.

I still have to say "righty tighty and lefty loosey" out loud some times.

and I have to go through the alphabet in my head to try to alphabetize poo poo. Even playing the stupid car game.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 10, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm the smartest and most complete human to ever exist.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

not trolled not crying posted:

I feel like I do that a lot, not trusting people etc. I mean. But I'm not smart. I just have a constant fear of failure/people realizing just how dumb I am. I call it impostor syndrome but I actually am the impostor. Most of the things I've "accomplished" in life, I've either cheated in some way or used some cheap psychological trick to get by. And the reason I've done that is because I'm so stupid and also lazy/easily frustrated that I really can't retain any new information I try to acquire. So I try to avoid situations where my shortcomings (there's a lot) would come to light and that makes life somewhat hard and nerve wracking which is a stupid way to live.
Most of the time I'm just waiting for the sword to drop. So, yeah.

got a philosophy for you right here buddy

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I feel like people should treat each other well and I get upset when they don't.

e: I strongly believe that. To the top of the page!

The Disappointed Idealist on the ol personality test.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Pimpcasso posted:

at nearly 40 ive pretty much lost all knowledge of any form of mathematics beyond the basics since i havent used any since college

i let excel do all my math for me

this a sign of advanced intelligence. einstein once said 'dont learn anything if its written down. thats what a calculator is for.' my dad heard him say that when he worked at einsteins bagel place.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i don't know but i been told

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

I can't parse things that I hear if there's any distortion or static associated with it, if there's radio chatter I probably didn't hear it right for the nth time. And on that note, I eggcorn lyrics pretty badly and I don't remember song lyrics very well.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
when I'm having some sort of online pissing contest with someone I will often just skim-read what they're saying, or the sources they post, and then completely misinterpret it or get the facts wrong because I'm angry and will then respond to a point someone didn't make or just post something extremely dumb and just own myself and then I have to skulk off like a bitch and hide for days and not talk about it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I'm really bad at interior design and color matching

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I still buy things thinking they'll make me happy, but they never do

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I assume people at work give a poo poo about the quality of their work.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Repeatedly finding out that substance use and volatile mental health leads nowhere good, every few years, over the last 35 or so.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I assume people at work give a poo poo about the quality of their work.

You're a real Dwight aren't you?

https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I cant really cook. I just buy pre-cut meat or ground beef, some pre-cut veggies and a sauce, and slam everything into a pan until its hot and doesn't look like it'll kill me. The last time I tried to cook something more complicated, it became a wet sloppy mess that tasted like nothing.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

I'm not reading that, but yeah I'm dipping company ink and running a bustling side business.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Archer666 posted:

I cant really cook. I just buy pre-cut meat or ground beef, some pre-cut veggies and a sauce, and slam everything into a pan until its hot and doesn't look like it'll kill me. The last time I tried to cook something more complicated, it became a wet sloppy mess that tasted like nothing.

The dumbest guys you can possibly imagine from your high school are probably very successful chefs now. I'm sure you can learn how to make some spaghetti carbonara or something

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Archer666 posted:

Jesus christ cooking isn't hard.

Steak:
Buy a strip steak
Pat dry with paper towels
Salt with 1/2 tsp salt each side
Pepper the same way
Heat 2 tbls oil in a pan on medium high (6/7 on most us electric ranges)
Put a drop of water in and when it starts popping, your pan is hot enough to cook.
For an inch thick steak 3-5 minutes a side is good.
Remove steak to a plate, cover with aluminum foil for 5 minute.

Mashed potatoes:
Wash and Chop up like 3 big russet potatoes.
Boil those suckers for like 30 minutes, until a fork goes in easy.
Strain them, put them in a bowl.
Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk, 2 tbls butter, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper 1 tbls garlic paste.
Mix with hand mixer until smooth, add more milk a few tbls at a time if it's too dry.
Add more salt and pepper at the end if needed.

There u go.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ape Fist posted:

when I'm having some sort of online pissing contest with someone I will often just skim-read what they're saying, or the sources they post, and then completely misinterpret it or get the facts wrong

This is the best way to do it, man.

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Jesus christ cooking isn't hard.

I thought I was fairly talented at cooking for how much time I put into it, I would frequent Goons With Spoons, I could follow a recipe and have things turn out well etc. Then I looked at a French cooking course while I was in jail and then I realized I knew nothing about cooking at all. Mother sauces, veggie techniques, all new info to me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ape Fist posted:

when I'm having some sort of online pissing contest with someone I will often just skim-read what they're saying, or the sources they post, and then completely misinterpret it or get the facts wrong because I'm angry and will then respond to a point someone didn't make or just post something extremely dumb and just own myself and then I have to skulk off like a bitch and hide for days and not talk about it

lol Same. I have to step away for a bit and then re-summarize my thoughts, then realize I was being way too aggressive in my attempt to communicate some bullshit or like you said realize I was missing the point entirely.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Family and friends consider me a very good cook. To be honest I am pretty crap at it, I just know how to follow a receipt pretty well. But in my opinion that is not really cooking. Give me a bunch of ingredients and tell me to make something out of it using my own creativity I have no idea what to do except for making some kind of mediocre casserole dish.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Monstaland posted:

some kind of mediocre casserole dish

:sickos:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ape Fist posted:

I, too, post on SomethingAwful.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Passive Aggreeable posted:

I can't parse things that I hear if there's any distortion or static associated with it, if there's radio chatter I probably didn't hear it right for the nth time.

The sheer amount of times Ive had to get my husband to repeat something hes saying over and over again because the extractor fan in our kitchen is just a little too loud

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I never took a chemistry class or a geometry class. So I barely know anything about ionic vs covalent or formulas for determining area. But I do know that the atomic weight of cobalt is 58.9 thanks to that line in Ghostbusters 2.

For a while I thought Dustin "Screech" Diamond was the younger brother of Mike Diamond from the Beastie Boys
Until about a year ago I thought Gibraltar was an island in between Spain and Morocco

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Dick Jones posted:

For a while I thought Dustin "Screech" Diamond was the younger brother of Mike Diamond from the Beastie Boys

this is true tho

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I don't have any pieces of paper that prove I'm not dumb

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

None.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Hell Yeah posted:

i still trust people and make myself vulnerable to them like i'm a little kid. but i view the people who expressly never do that in life as cowards forsaking the best parts of life. i get hosed over and my trust gets betrayed constantly but to be honest i'm like 40 years old and if you don't realize this is what life is all about then wtf is wrong with you. don't live life with your hands up. you should act dumb as gently caress and then if it blows up in your face it's not really a big deal. bravery and stupidity are the same thing. if you want advice about life from a middle age white man, live your life like a hero, don't hide in a hole waiting to die like a bitch just so you can feel smart. smart people are the most miserable people you will meet in life.

You got any specifics for this awesome life advice

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
I no talk words much good.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

I lose track of poo poo quick when it comes to "My wife's brother's uncle" etc - I lose confidence I'll be able to follow the chain anything after one abstraction

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I have no sense of direction. Spin me 3 times in an office chair and I will be entirely lost.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

If I don't understand something right out of the gate I immediately doubt I will ever understand it and undermine my ability to learn

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Ape Fist posted:

lol this is like the internet becoming self aware

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got distracted by the 1997 classic Hercules and almost hosed up taco night by putting the onions in before the beef.

Luckily I managed to save it but was a close call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snord
Mar 5, 2002

We hugged it out, but I was still a little angry.
I came back to SA.